u2 On Radio 1's Live Lounge 27th Feb - U2 at BBC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anji

New Yorker
Wooohoo Sara Cox has just said U2 will be in Radio 1's Live lounge on Friday 27th Feb, more details to follow in the coming weeks :rockon:

Scarpers to book day off :hyper:

Do you think they will be in all day on Radio 1 or just for the live lounge?

i wonder what they'll cover?

This was the first thing I thought of as well. I hope it's something cool. Isn't the song that artists cover on the Live Lounge usually a track that is successful on the charts at the moment? Whatever it is, it'll probably be something that will be out of U2's comfort zone. Should be fun.

bet this means they will be on Jonathan Ross as well on Friday 27th as the studios are very close to each other as they are both BBC

This was the first thing I thought of as well. I hope it's something cool. Isn't the song that artists cover on the Live Lounge usually a track that is successful on the charts at the moment? Whatever it is, it'll probably be something that will be out of U2's comfort zone. Should be fun.

Yes i think artists look at the Radio 1 playlist and pick one from there

:hyper:

First ticket-related stress on the horizon! :D

Anybody have any idea roughly how many tickets are made available for this sort of thing? I had a quick look but couldn't see any numbers

Is there a live stream of this show on the BBC site?

I will take this day (U2 day :D) off, because I don't think I can handle all the excitement AND my work.

Yes i think artists look at the Radio 1 playlist and pick one from there

Yeah, that's what I thought, thanks. This will probably change a little bit in two weeks but here's the Radio 1 A-list playlist right now:

* Lily Allen - The Fear

* Beyonce - Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)

* Chase & Status feat Kano - Against All Odds

* Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You

* Alesha Dixon - Breathe Slow

* Eminem, Dr Dre & 50 Cent - Crack a Bottle

* The Killers - Spaceman

* Lady Gaga Feat Colby O'Donis - Just Dance

* MGMT - Time To Pretend

* N-Dubz - Strong Again

* Pink - Sober

* The Prodigy - Omen

* Pussycat Dolls feat Missy Elliot - Whatcha Think About That

* Shontelle - T-Shirt

* Britney Spears - Circus

* Take That - Up All Night

* Tinchy Stryder Feat Taio Cruz - Take Me Back

* The Ting Tings - We Walk

* U2 - Get On Your Boots

They should totally fucking cover "My Life Would Suck Without You"

Shit would be so hot.

:hyper: The BBC site says that a number of listeners will be able to watch the session live -more details to come on Jo Whiley's show on the 23 Feb.
I thought Jonathan Ross's show was normally filmed on a Thursday but maybe they'll do that one as well. What do you think the chances are they'll do a mini concert outside the BBC like Coldplay did last summer?

This is brilliant news. If an artist plays an interesting cover it gets tons of exposure and potential credibility. Really hope they do Jonathan Ross as well.

:hyper: The BBC site says that a number of listeners will be able to watch the session live -more details to come on Jo Whiley's show on the 23 Feb.
I thought Jonathan Ross's show was normally filmed on a Thursday but maybe they'll do that one as well. What do you think the chances are they'll do a mini concert outside the BBC like Coldplay did last summer?
I remember U2 doing one outside the BBC centre for HTDAAB plus they played a few tracks from ATYCLB live in the studio when that album came out.

Anyone remember?

Yeah Jonathan Ross Thursday 26th in the evening followed by BBC Radio 1 Friday 27th 10am sounds perfect!

I could see them covering Beyonce to be honest. Jay-Z and Beyonce are good friends of Bono

I remember U2 doing one outside the BBC centre for HTDAAB plus they played a few tracks from ATYCLB live in the studio when that album came out.

Anyone remember?

I remember it pissing down with rain :lol: That would be cool if they did that again!

Any ideas where the live lounge is?

Playing outside last time round was for the now defunct Top of the Pops. I wouldn't be too bothered about an outdoor gig for the BBC as long as there is a quality show with Jo Whiley and a quality show with Jonathan Ross.

Playing outside last time round was for the now defunct Top of the Pops. I wouldn't be too bothered about an outdoor gig for the BBC as long as there is a quality show with Jo Whiley and a quality show with Jonathan Ross.

Well let's hope it is not like White Lies did the Live lounge a couple of weeks ago, they were cut short because of a fire alarm in the studios, they all but lost their spot to play in the show :mad: :lol:

Well let's hope it is not like White Lies did the Live lounge a couple of weeks ago, they were cut short because of a fire alarm in the studios, they all but lost their spot to play in the show :mad: :lol:

Well we'd better cross our fingers that The Edge isn't feeling very flammable that particular morning then.

Chris Evans has just announced that U2 will be on his BBC Radio 2 drivetime show in 2 weeks time on the 27th. First hour they'll be in the studio answering questions etc. Second hour they'll be doing "something special" but he can't yet say what....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom