u2 On Radio 1's Live Lounge 27th Feb - U2 at BBC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the ad last night - really moody and exciting, with the band darkly clad and stepping in and out of the light. Interesting that the BBC seem to be getting really involved in the promotion in a big way (although, looking back, the BBC has consistently been an excellent promotional platform for the band, haven't they?)

Random thought, apropos of nothing. Anyone ever see Larry and Bono making a Comic Relief guest appearance on Auf Wiedersehen Pet? Fabulous stuff, and I think the clip is on Youtube.

Ohhh bloody excellent!! :applaud: :D

I love watching Jonathon Ross, he always gets the BEST guests.......hang on a minute, where the hell was I last time they were on?!! :hmm: I don't remember seeing that must look it up on youtube or summat.

And live lounge as well........and chris evans.......woooohoooooooo!! :rockon:

I wonder what it means though? i mean surley they wouldnt go all out like that just for an apperance on JR, and radio 1 & 2?, also didnt Chris Evans say they had something "special" planned but he couldnt speak about it? :hmm:

Sorry to keep posting this, U2 will be on the culture show on BBC 2, Feb 24th at 10pm:

Lauren Laverne travels to Dublin to interview the world's biggest rock band - U2. With the record industry suffering hard times, massive expectations and rumours surround everything U2 do. Their new album No Line on the Horizon - their first for five years - is out on March 2nd. A global tour is expected this summer.

The Culture Show has been invited inside the band's private rehearsal space in the lead-up to the release of the new material. Produced by Brian Eno, Danny Lanois and Steve Lillywhite, sessions for No Line on the Horizon began in Fez, Morocco, and continued at the band's Dublin studio, New York's Platinum Sound Recording Studios, and London's Olympic Studios.

After forming in 1976, the band went on to become one of the most important acts of their generation. In 1987, the album The Joshua Tree sent them into the rock stratosphere. Throughout their varied career, their knack for reinvention has kept them on top of the pile. Their record sales - now approaching 150 million albums - are astonishing.

So does the album mark a new musical direction for U2? Or is it more of the same from a band with a massive and demanding fan base? And how do the band members - now nearing 50, super rich and world famous - square their megastar status with being the nagging conscience of global politics?

Featuring interviews with all the band and intimate performances, the programme promises a revealing insight into the continuing success and the off-stage life of one of the world's biggest music acts.

*sits glued to BBC1*

Whilst checking PM's I hope :flirt::flirt:

This "Dead Gary" storyline on 'enders is truly dire. Almost as bad as the Heather/George Michael thing last week.

That wasn't a storyline that was painful! :huh:

Flicking between BBC1 & 2 to see if I see anything, before Mistresses I reckon! :wink:

Can you get it online for the colonials? :heart: I can't :sad:

Sorry to keep posting this, U2 will be on the culture show on BBC 2, Feb 24th at 10pm:

Lauren Laverne travels to Dublin to interview the world's biggest rock band - U2. With the record industry suffering hard times, massive expectations and rumours surround everything U2 do. Their new album No Line on the Horizon - their first for five years - is out on March 2nd. A global tour is expected this summer.

The Culture Show has been invited inside the band's private rehearsal space in the lead-up to the release of the new material. Produced by Brian Eno, Danny Lanois and Steve Lillywhite, sessions for No Line on the Horizon began in Fez, Morocco, and continued at the band's Dublin studio, New York's Platinum Sound Recording Studios, and London's Olympic Studios.

After forming in 1976, the band went on to become one of the most important acts of their generation. In 1987, the album The Joshua Tree sent them into the rock stratosphere. Throughout their varied career, their knack for reinvention has kept them on top of the pile. Their record sales - now approaching 150 million albums - are astonishing.

So does the album mark a new musical direction for U2? Or is it more of the same from a band with a massive and demanding fan base? And how do the band members - now nearing 50, super rich and world famous - square their megastar status with being the nagging conscience of global politics?

Featuring interviews with all the band and intimate performances, the programme promises a revealing insight into the continuing success and the off-stage life of one of the world's biggest music acts.

Wow, so much happening, thanks! :up:

Is the U2 ad on the BBC somewhere available to watch online?

Wow, so much happening, thanks! :up:

Is the U2 ad on the BBC somewhere available to watch online?

Unfortunatley i dont think it is at the moment, which is a shame because it actually is a really good ad,

i still think there is something more to this U2=BBC thing, i mean i know they seem to be doing alot, but on the ad it doesnt state what is "coming soon" :hmm:

Unfortunatley i dont think it is at the moment, which is a shame because it actually is a really good ad,

i still think there is something more to this U2=BBC thing, i mean i know they seem to be doing alot, but on the ad it doesnt state what is "coming soon" :hmm:

It's a powerful ad isn't it! It sure grasps your attention, I just love the moodiness of it :drool:

Yes I think that too :hmm:

Shame it isn't online yet, but I will keep a look out for it

It's a powerful ad isn't it! It sure grasps your attention, I just love the moodiness of it :drool:

Yes I think that too :hmm:

Shame it isn't online yet, but I will keep a look out for it

Its just i remember when Chris Evens previewd the album on his show, and said something about them having something special planned but he couldnt talk about it, i mean dont get me wrong maybe this is the something special with all the shows they are doing etc, and i am really looking forward to them :up:

Yes something is coming, they have the BBC at the very beginning of the day and the end, so I wonder what they are doing in between? :hmm:

I am thinking a all day BBC day, but what are the bits in between? :flirt:

Could you imagine the band having free roam of the BBC studios? just walking round, wondering onto whatever TV show they like :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom