u2 On Radio 1's Live Lounge 27th Feb - U2 at BBC!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hyper:Oh. My. God. The same day I'll purchase the album they're going to play some stuff from it. That's amazing. 27th February will be fantastic day

Chris Evans has just announced that U2 will be on his BBC Radio 2 drivetime show in 2 weeks time on the 27th. First hour they'll be in the studio answering questions etc. Second hour they'll be doing "something special" but he can't yet say what....

When does this start?

Hope so. Their last appearence on Wossy's show was superb :up:
their best televised performance ever

and I don't think U2 will be playing a once rehearsed cover on the Live Lounge at this point of their career
unless they're in a really, really goofy mood

U2 at BBC!

U2 are coming to the BBC!

U2 will be special guests at BBC Radio on Friday 27 February when listeners can enjoy access to one of the world's greatest rock bands - including a special Live Lounge session on BBC Radio 1.
The band will be performing three tracks for a Radio 1 Live Lounge session in Jo Whiley's daytime show from 10am.
Later that day on BBC Radio 2, Chris Evans will play host to U2 on his drivetime show at 5pm, interviewing all four members of U2 about the secrets of their success, from their formation in Dublin in 1976, to nine number one albums in the UK and 22 Grammy Awards.
A number of lucky Radio 1 listeners will be able to watch the band live at the BBC Radio Theatre - find out how to by listening to Jo's show from Monday 23 February.
U2's Live Lounge session coincides with Jo Whiley's first week back at Radio 1 after five months maternity leave. Jo says: "Time has flown and I'm very excited about getting back to my show and being reunited with my radio family - it's always a bit nerve-racking going back after having a baby but having U2, one of the world's biggest bands, playing in the Live Lounge and debuting new songs from their very fine latest album is especially thrilling."
Chris Evans says: "When it comes to rock n roll it doesn't get any bigger than U2, and when the biggest are getting better, backed up by the sheer brilliance of their new album, it will only be a pure joy to have them as part of our little radio show for one night only."

How to see U2 in the Live Lounge

A number of lucky Radio 1 listeners will be able to join U2 live at the BBC Radio Theatre on Friday 27 February as they perform their Live Lounge session. To find out how to be there listen to Jo Whiley's first show back on Monday 23rd February. We will also update this page after the announcement with all the details.

BBC - U2

Definately on Jonathan Ross 27th taped on 26th!!

We went last time and it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cute:

Will someone be recording this in good quality? I'd love to get lossless audio of U2's performance.

Please someone record the radio shows, i will be working late and wont be able to catch them,

Can't wait for the Chris Evans stuff...they did a fantastic interview with him on Virgin radio back in the ATYCLB days. Funniest stuff was when they had a guitar in the studio and were trying to guess songs from the first couple of chords..not U2 songs but just anything. Top stuff. And who can forget the 'Grand Madness' from PoP and the TFI in Dublin special.

Just to let you know guys, the gig will be availible to WATCH via the bbc red button, from Feb 27th - 6th of March,:hyper:

So much for me trying to avoid listening to any more tracks before the album comes out!

No not the car park one for HTDAAB:wink:

It was at Maida Vale studios 23 rd Oct 2000

They played

Elevation
New York
Stuck In A Moment
Beautiful Day
And a very short - She's a mystery To me

the original post said outside the BBC that was the TOTP appearance which i went to.

U2 @the BBC.

U2 will be appearing on BBC Radio 1, on the Jo Whiley show and playing live on Friday 27th Feb from 10am.
Later that same day.....they will be appearing for a chat on the Chris Evans Show, on BBC Radio 2 from 5pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom