U2 on new Tribute release

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soulwindnotbono

Babyface
Bono preaches, moans, and elates with a great performance at short notice. As a
group, U2's spirit soars with the best performers on America: A Tribute to Heroes.

Where was U2 on Sept. 11? The Kitchen? I don't know. My best guess is they were
in Ireland preparing their plans for Elevation's third leg in America. The incredible tour was to take on new meaning for U2, and it all began with their Telethon performance. (Those fans that feared a tour cancelation don't know Bono and U2. Shame on you!)

As tragic as the terrorist attacks were, it's these benefit events that U2 thrives on. U2 were ready for this tragedy when they returned to their vision of hope and peace in October 2000.

Peace on earth, walk on, got to leave it behind, halle halle! Bono sings one song,
Walk On, with four moving episodes. At points Bono's voice was not good, his
movements were awkward, but you can't take away those moments in a U2 song when
joy runs through your vains. Anway I've got the music cd, not the dvd.

Bono even throws in a heartfelt message to fans anticipating the Elevation third leg
tour. As U2 breaks out into "halle halle!", Bono reaches with his voice "I'm going
home...I'll see you when I get home!" ... And that's exactly what he did.

On the whole, the CD is a winner. You get to listen to some old and new stuff. Alicia
Keys is great and hey even Bon Jovi with his classic Livin' on a Prayer! Though a tribute
album, the U2 song on it reminds me more of the Elevation tour, especially the third leg,
so it's a great song to have. Now that Elevation is over, we'll listen over and over till they come agan.

soul series:
soul

comments, questions?

Originally posted by soulwindnotbono:

Bono even throws in a heartfelt message to fans anticipating the Elevation third leg
tour. As U2 breaks out into "halle halle!", Bono reaches with his voice "I'm going
home...I'll see you when I get home!" ...

I disagree w/ that comment.

But other than that I'm glad that this is finally coming out as a cd.

------------------
The numeral 7

Bono moans
HOO-AH!!!!!

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"If I am close to the music, and you are close to the music, then we are close to each other."
~BonoBaby~

"I believed in leaving your life for rock and roll, and in television, and in origins..."

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"All our songs are about God or women, and we often get the two mixed up." ~BonoBaby~

listen to the song...at the time, the third leg was only a week or two away. "I'm coming home!"
Bono the showman.

soul

listen to the song...at the time, the third leg was only a week or two away. "I'm coming home!"
Bono the showman.

soul

maybe.
or maybe he was referring to moving on to an after life.
or maybe he was tellin' ali he would be home for an early lunch.
could be a lot of things-you would really have to ask him.

------------------
bottom line: U2 rules.

Back
Top Bottom