u2 on entourage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dr. Who makes sense. I would say that the punk rock ethos of not "selling out" was a big turning point as far as bending your "art" into another medium. Especially something as corporate as a television show or commercial. U2 were a product of that era and the idea still sticks to them for better or worse.

At my age I'm done being frustrated with bands doing anything extra-curricular. Somethings feel icky and some don't.

corianderstem said:

I vote Entourage.

dude, why is everyone hating on this show and U2's performance in this? i thought it was really good. that show is the best on television, both acting and script wise. U2 did great.

Dusty Bottoms said:
i dont know which was more cringe worthy, this, or Bono dribbling around the heart with a WNBA basketball during the halftime of an NBA finals game.

Anything related to the WNBA wins be default. :down:

Aerosmith in Be Cool is about 100x worse than U2 on Entourage, that's for sure.

Entourage is a good show, I enjoy it. It's not my favorite comedy, I think my avatar speaks for itself.

struckpx said:
dude, why is everyone hating on this show and U2's performance in this?

Because I thought Bono muttering a shout-out to a fictional character (one named "Johnny Drama," no less) from onstage during a concert was cringe-worthy and frankly, he seemed a little embarrassed to be doing it.

At least he had gusto in his piss-poor basketball dribbling at the NBA thing.

I'm not hating on the show - the only ep I've seen is that one. I do want to see it because I've heard a lot of good things about it, and it's in my Netflix queue.

And by the way, I don't see anyone hating on this show in this thread. We're just talking about U2 being on it.

But to answer the question at hand, U2's appearance on Entourage was more cringe-worthy than the NBA halftime thing, for the reasons stated above.

So there.

:wink:

Last edited:
corianderstem said:

Because I thought Bono muttering a shout-out to a fictional character (one named "Johnny Drama," no less) from onstage during a concert was cringe-worthy and frankly, he seemed a little embarrassed to be doing it.

At least he had gusto in his piss-poor basketball dribbling at the NBA thing.

I'm not hating on the show - the only ep I've seen is that one. I do want to see it because I've heard a lot of good things about it, and it's in my Netflix queue.

And by the way, I don't see anyone hating on this show in this thread. We're just talking about U2 being on it.

But to answer the question at hand, U2's appearance on Entourage was more cringe-worthy than the NBA halftime thing, for the reasons stated above.

So there.

:wink:

You hit on my objection to it. The whole thing seemed forced, from Johnny Drama's love of U2 as expressed in the beginning of the episode (geez, is that how we all look? I hope not) to Ari Gold losing the tickets (what moron would do that with U2 tickets) to the final shout-out during the concert.

If you think about it, why would Bono even know Johnny Drama? Or Vince, for that matter? Or Ari? The celebs who hang out with U2 seem to be a notch above all of them, so the concept itself was inane.

Plus, as mentioned above, Bono just didn't seem to care -- it was clear that it was a setup and he was doing someone a favor so the band could get some air time on a hot TV show. Contrast it with his enthusiastic cry of, "Cate. Blan-chett, this is for you. Edge!" during Kite in Sydney. That, at least, sounded like he meant it.

I had no objection to Cold Case using U2 music; I thought the band's appearance on Conan was delightful. So, you can mix TV and the band, if it's done with wit and/or fits the context.

Entourage has had tons of celebrities however. Last week's show had Snoop Dogg. Mainly because the executive producer is Mark Wahlberg I am guessing is why a lot of celebrities sign up to join the show.

Wait...are we talking about Marky Mark Wahlberg? Even worse...

I have yet to see a U2 appearance in a TV show or a movie that did not feel uncomfortable...

Lets face it, even the interview parts in R&H felt pretty awkward for the most part...

Has anyone seen the movie Entropy with Steven Dorf? Not good...

Hell, even Bono’s cameo in The Million Dollar Hotel felt strange and it wasn’t even a speaking part!

All I'm saying is U2 should not quit their day job, I don't think they really want to act and it shows.

david said:
everyone loved U2 on the simpsons though.

It is the lines that make their appearance worthwhile - really their delivery is nothing special, with Adam as the exception. If it was live-action rather than animated, it wouldn't work as well.

david said:
I remember seeing Johnny Cash on an episode of Columbo.

That was pretty bad ass though.

Johnny Cash (and June Carter Cash) were on an episode of Dr Quinn Medicine Woman. And that show ruled!!

Entourage is the best show ever :up:

But dammit I dont know how I missed this episode :angry:

Sicy said:
Entourage is the best show ever :up:

But dammit I dont know how I missed this episode :angry:

It ran at the beginning of the season before this one.

And btw, the U2 sequence got cut off by my TiVo (the band appears at the very end, and the show ran about five minutes over.) I had to re-record it a couple of nights later to get the whole thing.

CTU2fan said:
Wait...are we talking about Marky Mark Wahlberg? Even worse...

haha, yes.

but he isn't in the show or anything...

honestly, if you haven't seen it, I recommend it. Ari Gold, who plays the media agent for Vince (the main celebrity actor/character of the show), is by far the most entertaining character in modern day television. It is one of the best produced shows on television, being that it portrays a fake celebrity in today's real world and they are actually able to pull it off and make it seem real.

I have all the Seasons on DVD that have come out so far. It is just so funny to watch. Johnny Drama, Turtle, Vince, Eric, Lloyd, and Ari are the best group of characters. Seriously check it out everyone. It's a good 26 minutes of your life if you need a laugh.

Poor Mark Wahlberg. No matter how much respect he gets as an actor these days (hello, an Oscar nomination!), he'll always be Marky Mark.

I think he's a good actor. :up:

corianderstem said:
Poor Mark Wahlberg. No matter how much respect he gets as an actor these days (hello, an Oscar nomination!), he'll always be Marky Mark.

I think he's a good actor. :up:

I can't wait to see him in the next Shyamalan film. :up:

I use Marky Mark as a term of endearment, though. He is truly a badass. (see: The Italian Job, Shooter, The Departed)

I hated it the first time I saw it in the theater, then a year or so later had this urge to watch it again, and I loved it.

At least I'll be able to cover up The Penis with one of my index fingers or something.

It might've been an extra on Snakes on a Plane.

Back
Top Bottom