U2 on DAVE: Thoughts? Reviews?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
how great was that?! i'm in total awe right now. i'm restraining myself from going to watch it again, thank god i decided to tape that.

must say i LOVE the alternate lyrics to "new york"...
biggrin.gif

------------------
~sara
sle2@geneseo.edu
http://www.platinumcomplication.com

How 'bout them Hogs?
biggrin.gif

Oh...yeah the band was in fine form too. Personally I like the album lyrics to New York better. The new ones are fine but I just am so used to singing the old ones that I'm too lazy to learn new lyrics for an old song.

------------------
This post brought to you by: Ignorance "It never fails."

AIM: JuanSwallow

How many songs, people, how many songs? When in the show were they on? Did Dave talk to them? We on the West Coast need answers dammit!

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"She's hyperventilating." --my podiatrist (about me) 10-24-01

Amen.

Getting more and more into the "new" New York song. The band sounded great, I loved the camera angles, even when the cameraman had a little bit of trouble following "the wanderer". The Edge's voice was amazing on Stuck. I also laughed at Bono buttoning his shirt once he realized on the monitor that he was revealing a bit too much of his rosary. "OK Ali, I know!!"

Also glad I caught Bono's chat with Dave on tape, only one bleep. No, the Irish of NY are not intimidated by the Garden stage!! Yes the Irish here are not too unlike the boys in the pub back home.

Now for some sleep!!!

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

[This message has been edited by drumkeeran (edited 10-29-2001).]

That was so awesome! Bono's voice was in tip top shape and you could tell he was so excited that he needed more room to run around.

On a PLEBA note, Edge's sweater was a great fashion statement, IMHO.

Glad I taped it, since I am also trying to restrain myself from watching a few more times before I go to bed.

Martha:

SPOILERS AHEAD

U2 came on around 10-15 past the hour, and played the full post-9/11 version of "New York" leading directly to the album length version of "Stuck".

After what seemed to be an interminable break, Bono talked to Dave about "What's Goin' On" and Saturday's performance at the Garden.

After another break, Dave thanked U2 and ended the show.

Also, be on the lookout for Paul and the band playing U2 songs going in and out of breaks, including "Pride", "Beautiful Day", and I *think* "Desire".

------------------
- Achtung Bubba

I believe in truth, beauty, freedom, and -- above all things -- love.

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:

Also, be on the lookout for Paul and the band playing U2 songs going in and out of breaks, including "Pride", "Beautiful Day", and I *think* "Desire".

I think the CBS band also played "One" when Bono was sitting with Dave.

[This message has been edited by Skywalker (edited 10-29-2001).]

Sounds great, guys!
Achtung Bubba - now you've got me really excited! I didn't think they would play 2 full songs, maybe one and a snippet!
It's about time U2 is on Dave! CAN'T WAIT!!!

IS IT 11:35 YET????

ah!!! I went to take a nap planning on waking up for the show, had my alarm set, but must have ignored my alarm...
frown.gif

Oh well, now that I missed what I was majorly excited about *sigh* I guess it's back to bed...

Aww Beebs..
frown.gif

Am I the only one that gets teary-eyed here.

Gah! They are so great. New York was AWESOME. Bono sounds incredible as usual. I cant wait.

icon18.gif
icon19.gif
icon17.gif
icon20.gif

------------------
Some Days Are Slippy, Other Days Are Sloppy

Sicy's Website

I really loved the way they played "Stuck" Bono sounded amazing! The whole performance was great! Even though Bono at first seemed a lil tired! Poor thing! hehehe

------------------
But you take what you can get
'Cause it's all that you can find
Oh, you know there's something more
But tonight, tonight, tonight

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I captured the audio to the performance and interview if anyone would like me to post it to a FTP site. You can email me at garibaldo@hotmail.com.

Could'nt they just make a full time gig out of the Elevation Tour, and come around to Chicago every few months or so?? Grab me a box O' Krispy Kremes, a tent and a spot in the GA line, and I'm a happy mofo!
smile.gif
Gawd I love U2!...

BTW, I LOVE the new faces!...
biggrin.gif

------------------
"Hey, pardon me for askin', but who's that little ol' man?..."

Originally posted by THATgirl:
Awesome performance!! I love when Bono did that little Statue of Liberty stance during New York...how cute was that!!??

Actually, *prepares to get flamed* I thought that was really cheesy and bordering on lame. *runs and hides*
biggrin.gif

But that was a really strong performance overall. It definitely looked like Bono really wanted to move around more than the tiny stage would let him.

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 10-30-2001).]

W O W ! ! ! Awesome performance.
God, they ruled! They were better than when i saw them in April if possible.
Oh, and did anyone else notice Edge's wiggling right upper leg??? Interesting...
biggrin.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Originally posted by Diemen:

But that was a really strong performance overall. It definitely looked like Bono really wanted to move around more than the tiny stage would let him.

I agree...but, with the small space he had, he sure tried to utilize it...and succeeded...
smile.gif

What a cutie...I was kinda sad when he started buttoning up his shirt. *lol*

The camera didn't focus on Adam or Larry much though...or at all??? *lol*

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe:
ah!!! I went to take a nap planning on waking up for the show, had my alarm set, but must have ignored my alarm...
frown.gif

B]

I fell asleep too. What a bummer.

The mp3s sounds great!!!

~ME 3

Actually, *prepares to get flamed* I thought that was really cheesy and bordering on lame. *runs and hides*
biggrin.gif

GET OUT HERE RIGHT NOW AND TAKE YOUR PUNISHMENT

jk actually it looks like he almost didn't do it, a bit sheepish, wanted to make sure he got his fingers right. I thought is was pure NY!!!!
cool.gif

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Diemen (edited 10-30-2001).]
I would have to agree with you in the context of this performance. But during the Elevation shows he does that in front of the screen-so when you look at the screen, especially from behind when you are in the heart, it looks like the statue of liberty and is quite awesome.

------------------
i'm a reasonable man
get off my case

I'd better save my review for PLEBA because all I'm gonna do is gush over how hot and beautiful Bono looked and how cute he is when he talks!
biggrin.gif
Great performance of course!
nyr122_full.jpg

------------------
Visit my U2 webpage! <A HREF="http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk" TARGET=_blank>http://community.webshots.com/user/u2kitten

"Walk</A> On, stay safe tonight"

wow
wowy wowy wow wow
The band was in perfect form last night!

That little mini chat between dave and Bono was cool too.

Btw, that was a very very funny show!

------------------
If you take a drive, I'll tax the street
If you try to sit, I'll tax your seat
If you get too cold, I'll tax your heat
If you talk a walk, I'll tax your feet
I'm the taxman!

[woah! more smileys! but they make my cursor flash weird]

Awesome performance! The show was great and the boys were in peak performance again. I was waiting for them outside the studio after the show. They didn't really take alot of time to stop and there were alot of people there. But I did get to meet Dallas and sit on an equipment box. Its the little joys I get in life....

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

Back
Top Bottom