U2 on "60 Minutes II" tonite...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks ZOOTB for reminding me!
cool.gif

Okay, who watched it?

I did, it was the first time I'd ever seen it. I thought it was good. Nice use of footage, short and sweet summary of U2's career, and a good interview with Bono.

Random comment: Larry is the cutest.

------------------
MESH RULES!!!!!
(thanks to Bono's American Wife)

Love,
Emily

Visit my webpage for U2 wallpapers:
www.geocities.com/springtime5348/index.html

Originally posted by madonna's child:

Random comment: Larry is the cutest.

Yep, of course.
smile.gif
He was so funny when he got all irked about whether Bono's "extracurriculars" were a problem with the band...

------------------
Show a little faith
There's magic in the night

Its on right now.. I'm about to tape it.

And take pictures with my digital camera.
icon16.gif

Anyone hear that song blurb that Bono was singing in his car? What I would do for a copy of that demo tape.
wink.gif
It was a cool song that's for sure. Far more "Edge"y than ATYCLB. Let's hope the new album is that way too!

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

ok, i saw the show, and i noticed that there was this guy singing backup during "stuck.." and i haven't a clue who he is. he was wearing a baseball cap. who was that guy?

------------------
lilsparky: did you like the pics i took of my favorite band?
viktor: actually had a dream about larry mullen last night...not a gay dream but a weird dream.....
lilsparky: really?
lilsparky: what was it about?
viktor: yeah...we were going to a party and all my high school friends walked along him and then Bono rushed out and said something weird and that guy from the pouges...shane mac Gowan came and we all showered in sugar
viktor: weird

Originally posted by nellie:
ok, i saw the show, and i noticed that there was this guy singing backup during "stuck.." and i haven't a clue who he is. he was wearing a baseball cap. who was that guy?

If this is the same 60 minutes II from last year, that was Daniel Lanois.
wink.gif
Canadian extraordinaire. I am feeling patriotic this week.

So was this a new segment??? Shall I go to bed crying for having missed a great program or was this old??
confused.gif

i51375632-DB1F-4F00-8029-2AAEF8DDF639.jpg

Oh and I'll um just sneak this one in.. *whistles

i50CCC3B3-F71C-43DC-B485-FAFA8E234107.jpg

biggrin.gif

------------------
The wind will crack in winter time
No spoken words, just a scream

My Lair

um, it was totally the same show as the last one except a few extra words here or there on the reporter's commentary. The cool thing is I got to hear that song Bono plays in the car, the unreleased U2 song and it sounded even better this time. And this time I recorded it so YAY!

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if this is avaiable for download off the internet? I watched it last night but didn't tape it! (stupid me...) Anyway, I would love to download if someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

------------------
Peace on Earth.

Originally posted by melon:
Anyone hear that song blurb that Bono was singing in his car? What I would do for a copy of that demo tape.
wink.gif
It was a cool song that's for sure. Far more "Edge"y than ATYCLB. Let's hope the new album is that way too!

Melon

Thats exactly what I was thinking, I believe he said it was a song for his daughters. Sounded soooo cool.

How about BONO DRIVING!!!! I was a little nervous for the reporter when I saw Bono leading her into his car!!

I thought for sure during that segment you would see some kind of crash-boom and camera all shaky effect and bono, "...em...sorry".

------------------
What are we going to do now It's all been said,
No new ideas in the house and Every book has been read....

hey what's the deal with Larry being all pissy. I didn't see the interview but read the transcript. Was he really pissed? I've heard edge make comments about Bono's activities and they were far kinder.

I didn't think Larry was pissy at all-just honest and direct in typical Larry style.

Can I just say how nice it is to see Bono talk without the shades.

I don't remember Bono driving the first time this was aired. Sounds like I missed something last night!!! Grrrr

Originally posted by zooropa16:
hey what's the deal with Larry being all pissy. I didn't see the interview but read the transcript. Was he really pissed? I've heard edge make comments about Bono's activities and they were far kinder.

Well the reporter did ask if Bono's charity work interfered with the band work. He was just being honest, his body language when he talked about it was by no means pissy.

------------------
Daisy

and you become the monster
so the monster will not break you

Back
Top Bottom