U2@NYC - Please check in when you can

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
no reply today either on my inbox...

frown.gif

he's ok, right? i mean, he works in Wall street and i think that building was unharmed...

------------------
"the beat of every U2 song is the pulse of every human heart"
- Carson Daly, introducing U2

the goal is soul

"be uncool, yes be awkward"

I hope everyone is okay as well. Another thing to consider is that in some neighborhoods power and other utilities (such as phone/modem lines) could still be down so people are unable to make a phone call let alone power up their computers or log on to the internet, so hopefully those that haven't checked in just aren't able to get on-line, but are safe...

Good point. Any calls in or out of Brooklyn or anywhere in Manhattan are not going through. And if Pablo works on Wall St., like some have mentioned, he wasn't that close to the Trade Center. I was right across the street and I'm fine. So don't worry too much yet.

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

From cnnfn.com:

"In crashing into the World Trade Center, the hijacked planes destroyed the highest point in New York's financial district and an icon of Wall Street."

"The trade center and the NYSE are located in densely packed area of lower Manhattan known as the Financial District, home to dozens of investment houses and brokerages."

"The NYSE is located within an area closed to non-emergency workers, who are searching for victims trapped beneath the rubble."

Does anybody know where on Wall St. he worked? If he was at the NYSE, he's probably just fine. But if he was anywhere within the seven World Trade buildings, then I'd be worried.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Guys please stop being so paranoid and assuming the worst..like most have said, the last thing on his mind would be coming here..most of us wouldn't think twice about very minor stuff like an internet forum when something so horrific is happening...please don't dig yourself deeper into worry, please continue your prayers for those who we do know have lost their lives to these bastards and focus of what we do know rather than worry yourself sick about what you don't...from what I have always assumed from Pablo is that he works in Wall Street and if thats the case there is a very good chance he was even avoid of being injured let alone part of this horror...I don't like being so harsh during times like these and I hope you don't hate me for attempting to draw your worries down but I just feel your being far too negative and coming to your own conclusions too quickly
frown.gif

Originally posted by U2Gator:
what the hell is *bump*? and where is pablo?????

It means "bumping this thread to the top." I sure hope he's ok.

------------------
I can't believe the news today
I can't close my eyes and make it go away

If it's any comfort, a woman I know who lives in Jersey City has not had phone or internet since the disaster, so maybe he just doesn't have access to internet right now.

If he works in Wall St, the chances of him being ok are fairly good right? I hope he hasn't got family or friends missing.

This just gets worse and worse everyday. I dont know if I can stand to see CNN showing one more missing person poster.

Nightmare.

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
If he works in Wall St, the chances of him being ok are fairly good right? I hope he hasn't got family or friends missing.

This just gets worse and worse everyday. I dont know if I can stand to see CNN showing one more missing person poster.

Nightmare.

The term "Wall Street" can be very generic. Wall Street is close to the WTC as can be seen by Foxxern's quote above and how the WTC was loosely being referred to as a "Wall Street" symbol. Alot of large brokerage firms, particularly Morgan Stanley and Cantor Fitzgerald had massive amounts of office space in WTC and were considered "Wall Street" companies.

Now, about Pablo, does anyone know when they last messaged with him? Is it likely he is out of town? Does he have lots of family in NYC? Does he only have acess to the net at work? With the markets closed and the proximity to WTC, alot of the offices in that area are closed, and he just may not be able to get to the net.

We may not know for quite some time, til next Monday, if he has been kept from the office due to the markets being closed.

So pray his definition of working "on Wall Street" was not at the WTC. Pray for him and everyone else, it's all we can do for now.

Me too. I havent seen him on AIM for at least a week.

I'm also worried about Mrpryck2U... he's not really a prick.. and he lives in NY and I'm not sure if he works downtown but I havent seen him online either.

** Sicy prays for her NY interferencers.

------------------
Religious Nuts, Political Fanatics In The Stew
Happily Not Like Me And You
That's where I lost you....

Sicy's Website

or, considering he works there, he could very well be involved right now in some way. I know they have no power in lower Manhatten, but I don't know where he lives

I'm sure U2 Feedback is the last thing on his mind

in the meantime, Pablo we're waiting for you ..
and praying for you and hoping everyone you are close to is ok

------------------
but for the grace of love I'd will the meaning of heaven from above...

Originally posted by U2LA:
Now, about Pablo, does anyone know when they last messaged with him? Is it likely he is out of town? Does he have lots of family in NYC? Does he only have acess to the net at work? With the markets closed and the proximity to WTC, alot of the offices in that area are closed, and he just may not be able to get to the net

I'll tell you what I know. Last time I saw him online was last Monday, 7:00 pm (local time) I think it was 6:00 pm in New York, he was working as usual. I don't think he had plans to travel this week. Last time we chated was last week, the day after Argentina won Brazil on soccer, World Cup eliminatories. He couldn't help teasing me, it's and old rivalry between neighbours, the boy is crazy about soccer, like any other Argentinian (and Brazilians also). As far as I know, he lives alone in New York, a couple of months ago he said he was really happy because his mom and younger sisters were there in New York to visit him. I think he said me once he worked to Merryl Lynch, but I'm not sure. I also think he just used computers at work.
I truly hope his company it's still out of track, and that I can see him online again next week.

I know he works in commercial finance. "Wall Street" doesn't always literally mean Wall Street so that's why I'm concerned, and as we know there were a lot of financial companies in the WTC. I do know that our traders (at my company) are not even back to work yet, as the markets are not open until Monday so it is my hope that we will see him then...

Peace

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Merrill Lynch's Wall Street headquarters are in the World Financial Center on vesey Street, across West Street from the World Trade Center. They have a "Day 3" status report on their webpage at www.ml.com.

This is a hopeful explanation of why I haven't seen Pablo E. Verra's name on the WTC "okay" list. Also, he had not posted on here since 8/27, so he may indeed have been travelling and could be stranded due to travel restrictions.

~U2Alabama

up...

sorry guys, I've been checking this thread every single day. I am still concerned about him.

*bump*
i heard on CNN Wall Street is to re-open tomorrow, so maybe he'll check in here then.

this is beginng to feel scary...
frown.gif

Well this might be good news!

If he does work at Merrill Lynch (which I have surmised), ml.com had an article on their employees who were affected in this, talking about 1 dead and 2 that are missing. Pablo's name is not on that list of either!

No news is far preferable to bad news.

Melon

------------------
How long must we sing this song?!

Just wanted to let you all know that all the NY interferences have been in my prayers too.
Hope everyone is ok. And I pray for all of us here...

Originally posted by Desert Rose:
up...

sorry guys, I've been checking this thread every single day. I am still concerned about him.

I've been checkin' too. I hope we hear from him soon.

------------------
Trust In God...But Lock Your Doors

Back
Top Bottom