U2 NOT on tour?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Hawkmoon1021:
I hope when U2 tour again they do a different show from Elevation, especially if they play Stadiums...

I think they will do something different. They were in discussion with a company in December or so about what the stage would be like -- for the summer tour. But now that that was confirmed it wouldn't happen, I don't know. But I am sure they'll probably change again. Probably not ZooTV or Popmart style (they'd repeat themselves a bit, even though I'd love to see a tour like that because I wasn't a fan during Popmart or ZooTV) but different, and probably not the barebones style of Elevation. Just a guess.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by Hawkmoon1021:
I hope when U2 tour again they do a different show from Elevation, especially if they play Stadiums...

No, I disagree. This is why I'm so sad to see this news. If they tour again, I hope it is just like ELEVATION, heart and all, or some GA thing very similar. I loved the tour.

U2.com is reporting that a lot of rumors are spreading on the web, and they will be the first to let you know what is the truth.

Blue Room wrote:

If you want to feel sorry for a group of fans it should be the S. American and Australian fans. They got nothing

that was his point, you can't blame anyone for also bringing their own country up when they are offered a chance to see them again and then have it taken away

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 03-11-2002).]

Originally posted by *Stormy*:
No, I disagree. This is why I'm so sad to see this news. If they tour again, I hope it is just like ELEVATION, heart and all, or some GA thing very similar. I loved the tour.

I should clarify...I loved the Elevation shows as well, I would just like to see something different when they come around again.

U2.com is reporting that a lot of rumors are spreading on the web, and they will be the first to let you know what is the truth.

Yeah, U2.com is so well-known for their ability to get news out fast.
tongue.gif

I absolutely love the Elevation tour (the heart was the best thing about the tour by far) but I do think they won't repeat themselves and do another tour like it again... at least for awhile. Should be interesting to see what they come up with.

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
I wasn't aware that U2 owed us anything.
they don't, it's their choice
I think the choices being made so far leave something to be desired
and I am not the one saying U2 should be the biggest band in the world, it's Bono who was doing that
Originally posted by Blue Room:
You know, this is the first U2 tour EVER where Europe was grossly underplayed. EVERY other region in the world has had it happen to them including the U.S. before. So, it stinks for you, but take a look at the big picture.
I have done so in every one of my posts
I even pointed out that Europe got the 2nd best deal so far
I'm not advocating more U2 for Europe
I'm advocating the band to share their time more equally over the entire world

Originally posted by Elevatedmole:I absolutely love the Elevation tour (the heart was the best thing about the tour by far) but I do think they won't repeat themselves and do another tour like it again... at least for awhile. Should be interesting to see what they come up with.

That's what scares me. They are so hung up on not 'repeating themselves' they abandon very good ideas, like that one. The next tour can only be worse, because Elevation was perfect.

[This message has been edited by *Stormy* (edited 03-11-2002).]

lol. Interesting to see how my sentence is being twisted. Hey, I've lived in the third-world. I know what it's like to not get any of the shows you want to see. And there are any fans to be felt sorry for, of course it is the Aussie/South American/Asian/African fans. But my point is that U2 really doesn't owe any of us anything. End of story. It's nice to see them. And I'll take any opportunity I can to do so. But it's a privelege, not a right. At least that's the way I see it. Sorry if that's offensive.

stormy wrote

The next tour can only be worse, because Elevation was perfect

I'd disagree..there will always be room for improvement, whether the band finds new ways to deliver performances to match and better Elevation is questionable but its not implausable

..and Zoo Tv is the closest to perfection they have come
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 03-11-2002).]

I am with you Stormy. I never got to be in the GA, and I hope that I still have a chance!!

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
But my point is that U2 really doesn't owe any of us anything. End of story. It's nice to see them. And I'll take any opportunity I can to do so. But it's a privelege, not a right. At least that's the way I see it. Sorry if that's offensive.
they don't owe us anything
but I would like for all fans to at least have a shot at seeing them (I know it's impossible to give everyone the same chance)
I honestly believe this band is big enough to do better at achieving this then they have done with the Elevation tour
sorry if that's offensive

What if U2 did a tour in the round? That's something they never did before, with the exception of a B stage for a few tunes. That might be interesting...

Great!

Sorry, but the whole "i hope it's because of a new album" and the "they need to rest" talk doesn't help, especially coming from the ol' US of A.

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 03-11-2002).]

Coming from a selfish American that has seen the Elevation show 7 times and loved it, I think U2 should do exactly what it sounds like they are proposing. Take 2002 to record the new album and then tour with the new material the following year. Despite all those still wanting to see the Elevation tour, it would be redundant from U2's perspective and maybe become boring to tour with the same material. I mean they played more or less the same songs for like 100 shows already, could they continue doing that through next summer, fall?

karl

Can we please stop 'yelling at U2' for cancelling the tour. Obiviously they have a good reason.. not just 'we're taking a holiday'.

[This message has been edited by Sicy (edited 03-11-2002).]

Actually Marko, we do know how it feels. It was a long time ago but remember the Lovetown tour??? I think it was probebly one of U2's better stripped down tours and we never got it. I'am not complaining, but they havent come to the U.S. every single tour. Granted we have seen alot of them though over the last couple of tours. Technically Zooropa was a separate tour also and that didnt make it here either (but we did get 2 legs of Zoo TV, which makes up for it a little).

Salome, the reason I said what I said about Europe is because your intial post I thought you were saying Europe was being shafted. So I apologise if that is not what you meant. I think Australia and S. America were the only areas that really got the shaft on this tour.

As I said, they will make up for it the next time around and by getting a new album to us sooner.

Well, if anything, my first emotion when I read that the tour was cancelled was worry!
I just hope everything is ok, it is very unlike U2 to cancel a tour. And I am SURE they have a darn good reason. So, yeah, we shouldn't be mad at U2 for this at all, plus we don't even know the exact reasons why they are no longer touring.

Why is everyone saying they cancelled the tour???? The tour was never officially on, thus nothing to cancel! Thus far we have been going on rumours. ONLY rumours! Sure some of the rumours have come from very concrete sources (ie. Willie Williams), but they are still rumours nonetheless.
Nothing was ever confirmed or announced by the band or Paul so like Sicy said... obviously they had good reasons to NOT tour, and let's respect that.

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 03-11-2002).]

Originally posted by U2SJ:
Well, if anything, my first emotion when I read that the tour was cancelled was worry!
I just hope everything is ok, it is very unlike U2 to cancel a tour. And I am SURE they have a darn good reason. So, yeah, we shouldn't be mad at U2 for this at all, plus we don't even know the exact reasons why they are no longer touring.

I wouldn't worry about it U2SJ. They didn't really cancel anything. Yes, they had tentative plans and some venues reserved, but there was never any official word, just rumors. The rumors were substantiated, of course, and it is obvious that they were thinking about it, but it was equally obvious that they hadn't made up their minds completely or they would have announced the darn thing

My guess (completely without any verification, of course
wink.gif
) is that when they were still on the "tour high", they thought they'd keep going. Now that they've had a couple of months off they might have decided to stop touring for now and make another record.

And maybe they do just want to take a holiday. What's wrong with that folks? I don't see why they need any other reason than that to change their minds about a tour that wasn't officially announced.

Actually, the real reason is probably that Adam ran off with Courtney Cox Arquette and the band fired him for bad taste!
wink.gif
(See: "Yucky Rumor" Thread)

Originally posted by u2utah:
Actually, the real reason is probably that Adam ran off with Courtney Cox Arquette and the band fired him for bad taste!
wink.gif
(See: "Yucky Rumor" Thread)

LMAO!!!

Ok, now I understand!!! I thought that some of the dates were actually "officially announced" in some European countries. I didn't realize that they were all rumors to begin with.
Ok, I'll stop worrying, U2Utah! It just freaked me out for a sec-

Originally posted by ultraviolet353:
I think this is great news. This indicates to me that they will be seriously working on a new album to be released by the end of the year.

No offense (really
smile.gif
) I just think they probably won't release one THIS year. Next year? Probably, or at worst, late 2003. I'm not too worried -- it shouldn't be a 2-4 year record like ATYCLB was.
smile.gif

------------------

I'm actually rather glad they wont be touring Europe. Mainly because i probably couldnt go.
tongue.gif

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Originally posted by U2SJ:
Ok, now I understand!!! I thought that some of the dates were actually "officially announced" in some European countries. I didn't realize that they were all rumors to begin with.
Ok, I'll stop worrying, U2Utah! It just freaked me out for a sec-

I think the confusion comes from the fact that the dates were sort of announced, but not by U2. Folks at some of the venues seem to have gotten a bit too excited when they got U2's reservation and announced that U2 were coming. (Can't say I blame them.) Then the media got a hold of it and, well, you know how that goes....

Originally posted by Angel:
Why is everyone saying they cancelled the tour???? The tour was never officially on, thus nothing to cancel! Thus far we have been going on rumours. ONLY rumours! Sure some of the rumours have come from very concrete sources (ie. Willie Williams), but they are still rumours nonetheless.
Nothing was ever confirmed or announced by the band or Paul so like Sicy said... obviously they had good reasons to NOT tour, and let's respect that.

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 03-11-2002).]

This is true.

Originally posted by Seconds:
If no_tour == new_album
{ happy = happy * -1 };

I had to do it. Sorry sulawesigirl4, I just found it funny how you said it. Instead of saying "then I'm happy", you said "then I'm not Unhappy". You were negating a negative value!!! Anyways, doubt anybody will get this.

I got it - and you are wrong! LOL!

In math, two negatives (when multiplied) are a positive. As you wrote it, "happy * -1" would equal a "negative happy" (or -happy). Clearly -happy does not equal happy.
smile.gif

You should have wrote:

happy = -(happy) x -1

then you are properly negating the negative.
biggrin.gif

Confusing, ain't it?

Back
Top Bottom