U2, Nirvana and Eminem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daveone

The Fly
Apologies if someone has already mentioned this but i've just been looking at the Radio One websiter and noticed that Eminems new single is coming out on the same day as Vertigo. I really want U2 to get a number one just for the hell of it but they'll face a tough fight but if 'Beautiful Day' could keep the combined power of both Robbie Williams andKylie Minogue's duet off the top spot they can certainly give Eminem a good battle.

Also, a couple of weeks ago on The Vibe teletext service it mentioned that Nirvana's long awaited boxset is likely to get a release on the same day has HTDAAB and they were billing it has the chart battle of the year. Another tough task, i know how long people have waited for this new Nirvana set, its going to be an interesting month thats for sure.

Yeah I spotted that last week as well. It's a toughy that's for sure. I kinda doubt they'll fend of Em for Number 1 though, his song is very poor, but the kidies will lap it up and will get heavy rotation from the mainstream radio stations.

It'd be nice to see 'em up there at number 1 and kickin' Em's ass just for the hell of it, but it won't be the end of the world for me if it ain't. It's just nice havin' them back in the game.

I just hopde that U2 can beat Eminem from number one in America just to pay him back for the Oscars :mad: :madspit:

bono Q said:
I just hopde that U2 can beat Eminem from number one in America just to pay him back for the Oscars :mad: :madspit:

LOL...I don tknow. I might be commiting u2 blasphemy but Eminem deserved the oscar more than u2. I watched the Oscars just to see their performance, I knew they wouldnt win the award. "Lose Yourself" is a better song than HTBA, I never got into it.

U2= Music, Hearts & Minds, Amnesty International, Greenpeace, Drop The Debt, etc

Emimen= Crap, Money, Cars, Houses, MTV, etc

the difference is obvious :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry:

I dunno...I'm more worried about the Nirvana set than Eminem. He'll be a week into his sales, U2 will be new. As for Nirvana, a box set is gonna cost mucho dinero, which will push many people away from it.

And here I was, thinking and hoping people had finally forgotten about Nirvana.

This is a sad day.

I was a huge Nirvana fan back in the day (still am, in many ways), but I doubt I'll be picking up that boxset. It's sure to be very expensive and most of the stuff is probably around as bootlegs already. On the other hand, if there really is a lot of unreleased stuff and they're not too greedy with the price I might just give in.

Either way, it'll certainly not be a chart-topper. That's reserved for crap rap and R&B acts these days, not b-side material from a grunge band that's not been around for 10 years (no matter how great they were).

RademR said:

LOL...I don tknow. I might be commiting u2 blasphemy but Eminem deserved the oscar more than u2. I watched the Oscars just to see their performance, I knew they wouldnt win the award. "Lose Yourself" is a better song than HTBA, I never got into it.
Yeah your actually right about that I didn't thought that THTBA was good either as a U2 song but still...
That new song from Eminen really sucks if you put that against his other without me the first single from the previoust album was alot better I even liked it :ohmy: :reject:
That setbox from nirvana I don't know It sounds to me like a collector item not something that can put U2 from the number one actually

Back
Top Bottom