U2 needs more albums&songs to fill up best of 2000-2010!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

all_i_want

Refugee
ok, so we got 2 albums in 6 years, that makes 22 songs and about 10 singles. Best of 1990-2000 had 3.5 + 0.5 (passengers) albums in it. achtung had 6 singles, 2 from ATYCLB, 5 from POP and 3-4 from zooropa, as well as 2 others from passengers. its been, by anyone's standards a more productive decade for the band compared to the 2000s. now, can they squeeze in 2 albums in the next 4 years to have a worthy best of 2000-2010?

cause the way things are, the only singles that deserve to be on the disc are: (although they are all very nice and everything)

walk on
stuck (was this on 1990-2000) ?
kite

vertigo
sometimes
cobl
aboy
(oots didnt really chart anywhere)

so, thats like 7 songs. and they dont really mesh together so coherently either. they need an awful lot more to have a coherent and sensible disc that can capture the spirit of the decade.

for all these reasons...

they gotta release something on 2008 and something else on 2010!!!

uhhh.. badly!

the last singles released from the 2010 album can be included on the best of 2010-2020.:drool:

oh dear god, i just became a refugee!!!:( :ohmy: :sad:

i liked being a war child so much! it was so cool :(

right now they have:

Elevation
Walk On
Kite(most likely)
Vertigo
SYCMIOYO
COBL
All Because Of You
OOTS

that's 8. considering they'll most likely record a song for the Best of, they really only need 5 more, most likely from their next album. they could even add one more from ATYCLB, like New York or In A Little While.

so they'll be alright. i don't think we or U2 will ever have to worry about them running out of songs.

well, if i had the choice id trade in ABOY and OOTS for anything new. really, i think itd make a much more interesting compilation if they had 3-4 songs from each album. otherwise it'll just sound like HTDAAB & the next album, since ATYCLB would be so marginalized. and as much as i like Kite, it wasnt really a hit. neither were ABOY or OOTS. i think they need to go away :eyebrow:

edit: maybe they could throw in some little nugget like they did with HMTMKMKM this last decade. or like they did with miss sarajevo. itd really enhance the whole experience.

Last edited:
If they are gonna mess it up just as much as they messed the last compilation up, I kinda hope that they decide at the time that they don't have enough songs to give out another compilation. Don't want to see people waste their money again.

They'll do a Best of 2000-2015 or a Best of with an alternate title. 1.5 albums, maybe 2.5 in a decade is a bit lame.

(ATYCLB counts as 0.5 albums, either because of quality or being used already, the choice is yours :wink: )

all_i_want said:
oh dear god, i just became a refugee!!!:( :ohmy: :sad:

i liked being a war child so much! it was so cool :(

:lol:

More on topic, I think that they need to release two more albums in order to realy have a good best of 2000-2010. They probably could get by with just one more album, though. Still, it would be kind of stupid to release a best of with only 2.5 albums worth of material. A new album in 2007 or 2008, then a new album in 2010 would be sufficent

It's either pump out a few albums, or use the Kidz Bop versions as [New Mix]s.

Why people insist in "Kite"? Ok, it's a great U2 song but it was not even a only-promocional single and it was only a regular in Elevation shows...
UTEOTW, Gone and Bad had its reasons because they were released as promos, they had promocional videos (except Gone) and they were regulars in several shows from almost all tours... but not "Kite"

craigp said:
who's to say they will release another greatest hits album??

I believe the record deal for the Best Ofs was for three. Obviously, only two have been released thus far.

the 3rd one doesnt necessarily have to be 2000-2010

it could just be 2000 and beyond

To infinity and beyond!

Yeah, I can see Bono as Buzz, that'll be the next tour outfit. Just wait and you'll see. ;)

Personally, I'm waiting for the Best Of 1970-1980, with hits such as Bono Sings Happy 14th Birthday To The Edge, Lost On A Silent Planet, Larry Practices Drums, Cartoon World, and The Sounds Of The Evans' Home-made Guitar.

Axver said:
Personally, I'm waiting for the Best Of 1970-1980, with hits such as Bono Sings Happy 14th Birthday To The Edge, Lost On A Silent Planet, Larry Practices Drums, Cartoon World, and The Sounds Of The Evans' Home-made Guitar.

:drool:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
if u2 never releases another "best of" album, i won't shed a tear.

i pretty much assume that when the band calls it quits, over the next 20-30 years, we'll be seeing many different compilations, maybe including a couple of live shows, and maybe rare material. it seems to be the case with every other huge band in the history of rock & roll.

Maybe the next 'Best Of' will be a career spanning one. They could could inclide songs from the first two decades that should have been on their respective compliations to begin with.

No, they'll re-release POP in a finished manner. Then release another album in 2011. Therefore, the best of 2000-2010 will include:

Elevation
Walk On
Kite
Vertigo
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Original Of The Species
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Discotheque (version 3.0)
Staring At The Sun (version 3.0)
Last Night On Earth (version 3.0)
Gone (Version 3.0)
Wake Up Dead Man (version 2.0)
The Sweetest Thing (the 2008 single mix!)
and, just for the hell of it, an instrumental version of "The First Time", but renaimed "The Second Time"

the tourist said:
No, they'll re-release POP in a finished manner. Then release another album in 2011. Therefore, the best of 2000-2010 will include:

Elevation
Walk On
Kite
Vertigo
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own
Original Of The Species
City Of Blinding Lights
All Because Of You
Discotheque (version 3.0)
Staring At The Sun (version 3.0)
Last Night On Earth (version 3.0)
Gone (Version 3.0)
Wake Up Dead Man (version 2.0)
The Sweetest Thing (the 2008 single mix!)
and, just for the hell of it, an instrumental version of "The First Time", but renaimed "The Second Time"

:lmao: :up:

Or how about U2 - The Best Of Live

Featuring...

5 songs from Red Rocks (11 O'Clock Tick Tock, I Will Follow, October/New Year's Day, Gloria, and 40)

5 songs from Rattle & Hum tour (With Or Without You, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Exit, Bad, and Pride)

6 songs from Lovetown tour (Desire, All Along The Watchtower, God Part II, Where The Streets Have No Name, One Tree Hill, and All I Want Is You)

6 songs from ZooTV (Bullet The Blue Sky, Running To Stand Still, Love Is Blindness, Mysterious Ways, One/Unchained Melody, and Stay)

5 songs from PopMart (Last Night On Earth, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, Gone, Staring At The Sun, and Discotheque/If You Wear That Velvet Dress)

4 songs from Elevation (Elevation, Beautiful Day, Kite, Walk On)

4 songs from Vertigo (Vertigo, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, Love And Peace Or Else, and City Of Blinding Lights)

Your four songs from Vertigo should Vertigo, SYCMIOYO, COBL, and Vertigo. Get it right. :tsk:

It's a bit of a cop out if they put more from ATYCLB on it..

No doubt there'll be a few side projects in the next few years they can add things from.

Back
Top Bottom