U2 need to communicate more with their fans...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoocoustic

War Child
Bear with me on this one: I know the knee-jerk reaction is "they don't owe us anything" or "they can do whatever they want".

True.

BUT...

So many bands these days have blogs or at least do more to talk about where they are with respect to albums, touring, etc. With U2 we seem to get no news for months, sometimes YEARS, and it becomes very painful and (dare I say it?) frustrating.

It would be so nice if even once a month Edge or someone could get online and at least tell us what's up with the band. Even if it were simply, "Bono's campaigning and the band is on standstill until he's done." At least that brings our heads back down out of the clouds and let's us know where they are at.

With the communications mediums that exist today it is so easy for a band to do their fans a world of favor and give them a regular update via the internet. Many bands do this on a regular basis. I just wish U2 would consider it, because the silence is absolutely deafening.

Well, they did put up a note on U2.com about the band being in the studio and of course there were all of those news items about the delay in the rescheduled dates...:shrug:

Sounds like you want something a little more personal and I just don't think they'd ever do that. Although, Edge sort of did a little something like that for a while with his "Postcards from the Edge" in Q magazine before the last album came out...

I don't really see the problem, there have been dozens of times with much less news going on than now. The best argument, IMO, is that when the band are in 'full album mode' like during 2002/2003, that they could update the official site...with almost anything. U2.com is a piece of junk, sorry to say.

It's pretty simple right now, the tour is coming up and they are recording, they aren't saying more because I think right now they are just trying to get some ideas. If an album was coming up by Spring 2007, Bono would already be blathering on about it to the press that hounds him almost daily. I don't think they have a plan.
If nobody had recorded anything from the beach, then we'd all suspect about the same as what's going on.

I think people are jumping the gun about new music. Maybe a single is coming up in September. If so, it's only about two months or less away. Maybe we could all stand for a surprise rather than knowing what the band is up to all the time. An album is a year away at the earliest, Veritgo isn't even over, people don't want to acknowledge it.

As I said, the thing that bothers me is when you know for 100% the band is recording an album and they are actually speaking to the press, yet saying nothing, and fans meet them and don't discuss the music because they are too busy being goo-goo over Bono's latest haircut and jacket. So a year from now, I'll be agreeing with you whole-heartedly. :wink:

A blog ? You can directly look at Bono's house, spy him and hear the next album for free.
What more do you want ?

guill said:
A blog ? You can directly look at Bono's house, spy him and hear the next album for free.
What more do you want ?

apparently everything else :shrug:

haircut notifications for sure :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:

apparently everything else :shrug:

haircut notifications for sure :up:

My life won't be complete until I know what Adam has for breakfast every Tuesday. :wink:

Bono's Betty said:
Bono blog :drool:

Monday July 24
Hey guys, it's justice, not charity.

Tuesday July 25
Also, working on new songs. It's high camp disco music from Pluto, with a twist of guitar like you wouldn't believe. Edge got his tax bill and he's fuckin' ANGRY! We're not supposed to pay taxes! There's no justice in taxes.

Wednesday July 26
Figured out how to use these smiley things.
Justice:up:
Charity:down:
People outside my fucking house again :censored:

Thursday July 27
Got drunk with Beyonce last night after she spent the day in my pool in France. Check the paparazzi photos. HOT JUSTICE BITCHES!!! After that I had to take a cold shower and write 3 more songs about the moon. Woooheee!!!

Friday July 28
Ideas are like melodies and they give you a cause to go and write with these four men in a room, except it's not a cause, it's an emergency!

Saturday July 29th

The Edge and I are going to see my boy Colin Farrell in "Miami Vice". Afterwards we'll probably get pissed and walk home singing the duet from The Silver Fish.

Monday July 31
Wifey cracked the shits because I gave her everything she wanted, except, apparently, the thing that she wanted. Fucking women.

August 2nd:

Adam lost his spoon collection somewhere in Eze. We helped Adam looked for them for 9 consecutive hours, but no luck. We will try again tomorrow morning............

JESUS CHRIST!!! Do you feel he is'nt doing enough stuff? Are you calling them lazy? Thems fight'n words:angry:

Last edited:
August 3rd- Still haven't found what we were looking for. Tried to persuade Larry to collect cups but he said he didn't swing that way....perhaps forks would be better?

U2DMfan said:
fans meet them and don't discuss the music because they are too busy being goo-goo over Bono's latest haircut and jacket. So a year from now, I'll be agreeing with you whole-heartedly. :wink:

I could never quite get this, nor I will I ever be goo -goo.

Earnie Shavers said:
Monday July 31
Wifey cracked the shits because I gave her everything she wanted, except, apparently, the thing that she wanted. Fucking women.

:lmao:

Larry blog:

8/5/06 - Bono is a wanker. Blogs are for wankers.

RademR said:
I would actually love the read a daily blog by Adam Clayton.

would be interesting....

Not for children's eyes though, I'd imagine. :uhoh:

Day 1:

Ah that ____in w***er Bono wants to put me in rehab...he ain't the boss of me...

Day 14

*wakes up from his vodka-induced coma from day 1*

Where the **** am I? :mad:

Day 23

:drool:

Day 27

I wonder how far I can throw paper? :|

Day 29

I need to wait longer between posts so I'll have more to say...

Day 29: 6 hours later
SP00NS!!!! :drool:

Axver said:

26 December 1989, Dublin, without a doubt.

Downloading as we speak, well, we aren't speaking, but if it isn't up to specs, I'm gonna make you give a full open mouth kiss to my dog and I don't even have a dog, I have a cat, but she's untouchable, she's royalty. Okay, so it will be settled with men and sabres, somehow.

I bet it's at least good. :wink:

I think U2 should do what Peter Gabriel is doing. Every month there is a short video clip where PG is letting the fans know whats going on. Sometimes it's about how things are going with the new record, and sometimes it's just about anything else really.. As a PG fan, it's a great!

Back
Top Bottom