U2 need to communicate more with their fans...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bono's August 14th Blog

I haven't posted in a week because I've been trying to learn the Australian language for our upcoming shows. Unfortunately, the Internet hasn't revealed any information, other than the fact that "Foster's" is Australian for beer. It's like some big secret. I may write a new song about secrets because of this.

The Edge's August 18th Blog

That's it! I've had it with Bono's muthafuckin' Africa preachin' over this muthafuckin' band!

LemonMacPhisto said:
The Edge's August 18th Blog

That's it! I've had it with Bono's muthafuckin' Africa preachin' over this muthafuckin' band!

al LemonMacPhisto and I concur is that...

the next album needs some MOTHAFUCKIN' SNAKES!!!

HTDAMS... how to dismantle a MOTHAFUCKIN' SNAKE!!!

snakeslarryru7.png

I've had it with these muthafuckin' snakes on my muthafuckin' drumkit!

I really need photoshop :grumpy:

LemonMacPhisto said:
snakeslarryru7.png

I've had it with these muthafuckin' snakes on my muthafuckin' drumkit!

I really need photoshop :grumpy:

You can always unload your Photoshop problems in the hottest chick thread. :wink:

I don't have it either. :shrug:

Screwtape2 said:
Maybe the band could answer a few fan questions on U2.com or something, at least.
If they did that, maybe they could clear up the mystery of beach clip 409. :crazy: :angry: :crazy:

But seriously, most artist don't do this, U2 won't change things up.

Actually you're not so right, every month on the KISS fan site there are questions that on of the guys answers, You write a question then if one of the 4 guys picks yours they answer it, they take turns every month..

I suspect if U2 did this, they'd very soon get fed up of the word acrobat.

Though I agree with the u2.com thing - really needs a shake up.

Dear U2:

why don't you play ACROBAT?

Dear U2:

GET THESE MUTHAFUCKIN' SNAKES OUT OF THIS MUTHAFUCKIN' ALBUM

Edge's Blog 8/17/06
Saw SNAKES ON A PLANE. I didn't get it. Why didn't Sam Jackson just de-oxygenifricate the plane, which would cause the snakes to spontaneously combust, and then use the reverse thrust of the air conditioner to suck them out of the plane? This is why no one goes to see Hollywood movies anymore. Because nobody thinks.

And because I've got a pretty successful side business selling them online. Heh heh.

Progress on the album is slow. Bono and Larry, neither of whom have actually seen the film, spend all their time debating about whether the album needs more snakes or more cowbell. Those two will never agree. And I need to have a word with Adam -- he went to see Nelly Furtado last week and withdraw money from the ATM. Unfortunately he withdrew money from my account and still haven't given me back the 3,967 quid he owes me. Rat bastard. That's it -- I've decided I'm playing bass on THIS album too. (Will he never learn?)

Oh Lord. Bono's back in the studio and he's got his Australian dictionary with him. I haven't the heart to tell him it's just a Foster's catalog.

Bono's Blog 8-18

Well, it's almost 5 AM here in Ireland, and I just woke up. I've been asleep since 5 last night when Larry hit me over the head with most of his drum kit because of our cowbell-snake argument. What could we play with snakes on the album?

I'm fascinated with the Australian language. It also seems that Foster's Beer owns most of everything, including the dictionary company.

Edge came in yesterday in a tizzy due to two things: Snakes on a Plane and Adam. He said something about Snakes and how Samuel L. Jackson should've have balfksdjglkjflkaj or something confusing like that. And Adam owes him some money (or so he thinks - shh, don't tell).

nathan1977 said:
Edge's Blog 8/17/06
Saw SNAKES ON A PLANE. I didn't get it. Why didn't Sam Jackson just de-oxygenifricate the plane, which would cause the snakes to spontaneously combust, and then use the reverse thrust of the air conditioner to suck them out of the plane? This is why no one goes to see Hollywood movies anymore. Because nobody thinks.

:lol:

Edge's Blog 8/21/06
Another day, another half a million dollars. :)

The band is having a good day, mostly because we're all having a good laugh over those beach clips that were sneaked by fans. Everyone's debating whether one particular song is us or the Killers. What they don't know is... none of those songs are ours! It was Adam's idea when we saw the lurkers hanging about outside. Put an album by an obscure French band by the window, turn up the volume loud, and then go to the movies all day. (Bono really liked POSEIDON, mostly because it reminded him of when he drove the Mercedes into the ocean...or so he keeps telling people.) We did the same thing during ATYCLB. We told press we were recording that album for years -- we actually just knocked the album out in two weeks. All this "it takes years to record because we really want to get it right" crap is really just that. Really, the only way you can get Bono into the studio is a trail of M&Ms. (Larry likes to mess with him by printing special messages on the M&Ms -- stuff like, "Save Africa -- Follow Me," "Hairline Receding? Follow Me," and my personal favorite, "Play Guitar Better -- Follow Me.") Adam is too busy at his hut in India to be in the studio much. Honestly, I'm so focused on my time travel machine right now it's hard for me to get into the studio. Thank God Lawrence rides herd on us. (Though I think it annoys Bono.)

Oh crap. Jacknife is here. We've been telling him for months he's going to produce the next album, mostly because he won't shut up about it. And now he's here. Hmmm...how to explain the fact that Howie B, Rick Rubin, Eno, and Lanois are already here...I'll think of something. Any man who can design a real live flux capacitor can think his way out of this jam.

Bono's Blog 8/21

Followed an M&M again today to play the guitar better, but all I ended up doing was recording a song. Go figure.

Still trying to learn the "H" chord. Stay tuned.

Turns out Australian isn't a language! They speak English! It's extraordinary! They'll actually understand what I'm saying during the One speech and they will be riveted.

Edge is making a time machine. I don't believe it. I thought the time machine got destroyed by Dr. Brown at the end of Back to the Future. But, I'd like to go back in time to 1972 and give my old self a guitar. Maybe I could learn how to play better than, and the H chord.

paul mcguinness blog 8/21/06

Well, it was a typical day of me taking of me clothes and rolling around naked in me money.

Adam's blog

22-8-06.

Should I admit, I sorta like Nelly Furtado but it was really my future missus who wanted to meet her. Why do I fancy Canadian girls so much?

Edge has a bee in his beanie. Ha, bee, beanie, puns may be the lowest form of wit, but it's still wit.

Edge must have his calculations wrong, he still owes me $5,000 for that Mercedez of mine, which he then gave to Bono, who thought it was a submarine. I mean, that sound system alone was worth about 2 grand. Some people have no appreciation for a good bass thumping sound system.

Larry's obsessed with snakes, afraid of cats, I mean, snakes are a bit scary, those fanged ones anyhow, cats, just give them a ball of string or something, they're occupied for hours.

Bono's obsessed with cowbells. Actually he is right, Larry really could have a bit more cowbell. They should pay me just for being the referee of Bono vs. Larry fights. Edge is too busy trying to go back in time to sort them out, good ol' Adam to call everyone and make nice.

Edge's gonna play my bass parts huh? See if he figured out how to "pop and slap" yet. Tried teaching him once, but insisted he could do it on his 6 stringer. Good thing I had band-aids close by. That little E string can be a bastard. Keep telling him he should try playing "40" without the pick. Get a richer sound. That is an advantage I have. If I drop my pick, I can play without one just as easy. Edge, he drops his pick, it's painful, then he plays footie with the guitar.

LARRY'S Blog

22-8-06

It's way to damn hot here to play or even think about music. This was the 12th day in a row it hasn't rained and been perfect weather - I mean, how can I bitch about anything?

About the new music - I couldnt be any more displeased. There's not ONE US charting single in the lot..... I want to to win more VMA's and Grammy's and Golden Globes and Emmy's and even a Tony - I wonder how come we haven't won a Tony yet - has to be Edge or Bono's fault - could you imagine both of them wanting to be a bit more imaginative and even dare I say riskier with the new sounds. Haven't they learned yet from Achtung baby and Pop that that's not the way to go. We need to keep lowering our standards to keep in step with the crap that's selling out there. No one would "get" that artsy atmospheric crap that we put out for Unforgettable Fire again. We need an album of 10-12 "pop" songs - like a cross between Brittany Spears/ Daniel Powter/ Taylor Hicks-like. These guys just don't understand the record business anymore.

As for the fans? We know the die-hard U2 fans that are waiting for us to pull our collective heads out of our asses and make a truly great album will still buy a yawn fest craptacular!!! They'll still go and buy concert tickets because us being just a bit better than average is still better than anyone else out there. They'll listen to us play Pride and Bullet for the 11,732nd time (I checked Axver's web site tis miorning).

Why are these guys still bugging me to take more risks in the new music - they're really starting to piss me and Paul off big time....They'll just never learn...... I wonder when Bono will start the "New Album Buzz" we need to get the spin machine in high gear - also why did he leak the new tapes out to the public? He and the fans should know by now that anything really great sounding - I'm going to vote down or just be sure to beat out any creativity out of it until I hear a 3 minute 30 second song that we can turn into a big US hit.

Salome said:
if U2 ever starts listening to their fans I might have to stop buying their albums

AMEN SALOME. I HOPE THAT U2 NEVER TURNS TO ITS FANS FOR THE CREATIVE PROCESS. I THOUGHT I WAS ALONE IN THAT OPINION.

Bono's Blog 8/30

we are on fire, edge is on fire, larry is on fire, adam is on fire. im on fire, my pants are on fire! edge is playing the guitar like never before!! this will are best album ever! now i have to go to africa AFRICA!

Edge's Blog
09/01/06

Bono brought a new band member into the studio. His fascination with fire and Metallica ensured a quick exit. I keep telling Bono he needs to stop inviting new members into U2. He just goes on about U2 isn't a band, it's a movement. I say perhaps so, but why does the movement usually involve drunken friends of his that get dragged back to the studio from his latest pub crawl and put in front of the microphone? (I still haven't forgiven him for letting Mick Jagger sing backup vocals on "Stuck in a Moment" -- fortunately Mick was so out of it he was singing into Adam's head.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom