U2 need to communicate more with their fans... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #21
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:50 PM
I L the little Bono blog we've got going here

Old 07-27-2006, 09:34 PM   #22
The Fly

Local Time: 03:50 PM
August 3rd- Still haven't found what we were looking for. Tried to persuade Larry to collect cups but he said he didn't swing that way....perhaps forks would be better?

Old 07-27-2006, 09:44 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2DMfan
fans meet them and don't discuss the music because they are too busy being goo-goo over Bono's latest haircut and jacket. So a year from now, I'll be agreeing with you whole-heartedly.

I could never quite get this, nor I will I ever be goo -goo.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:17 PM   #24
The Male

August 4th:

8/4/06...I even numbers...That could end up distracting me all day...
Old 07-27-2006, 11:34 PM   #25
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Earnie Shavers
Monday July 31
Wifey cracked the shits because I gave her everything she wanted, except, apparently, the thing that she wanted. Fucking women.

Larry blog:

8/5/06 - Bono is a wanker. Blogs are for wankers.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:44 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 07:50 PM
I would actually love the read a daily blog by Adam Clayton.

would be interesting....
Old 07-27-2006, 11:55 PM   #27
The Male

Quote:
Originally posted by RademR
I would actually love the read a daily blog by Adam Clayton.

would be interesting....
Not for children's eyes though, I'd imagine.

Day 1:

Ah that ____in w***er Bono wants to put me in rehab...he ain't the boss of me...

Day 14

*wakes up from his vodka-induced coma from day 1*

Where the **** am I?

Day 23

Day 27

I wonder how far I can throw paper?

Day 29

I need to wait longer between posts so I'll have more to say...

Day 29: 6 hours later
SP00NS!!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 02:34 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

26 December 1989, Dublin, without a doubt.
Downloading as we speak, well, we aren't speaking, but if it isn't up to specs, I'm gonna make you give a full open mouth kiss to my dog and I don't even have a dog, I have a cat, but she's untouchable, she's royalty. Okay, so it will be settled with men and sabres, somehow.

I bet it's at least good.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:25 AM   #29
The Fly

Local Time: 12:50 AM
I think U2 should do what Peter Gabriel is doing. Every month there is a short video clip where PG is letting the fans know whats going on. Sometimes it's about how things are going with the new record, and sometimes it's just about anything else really.. As a PG fan, it's a great!
Old 07-29-2006, 04:27 AM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:50 AM
A U2blog? It would get flooded with whining.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:01 AM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally posted by Folkelig
I think U2 should do what Peter Gabriel is doing. Every month there is a short video clip where PG is letting the fans know whats going on. Sometimes it's about how things are going with the new record, and sometimes it's just about anything else really.. As a PG fan, it's a great!
Yes, and in 20 years, PG has put out 3 studio albums.

That's accurate, not an exaggeration. 20 years, 3 albums.

Yeah, there's Passion, Ovo and Rabbit Proof Fence etc. but they don't really count as studio albums. But Passion is awesome, shit.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:44 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:50 PM
Passion
Old 07-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #33
Refugee

You are all making fun of the blog, but you guys would read it.
Old 07-29-2006, 04:59 PM   #34
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:50 AM
I'm against it. I think there should still be some secrets, mystery. I wouldn't want to read, see and know everything. I believe these guys need some time off to be creative, without having to justify every step they are taking.
Old 07-31-2006, 01:18 AM   #35
Refugee

Adam's blog.

On the drive from Austin to San Antonio we stopped off at a snake farm/amateur zoo. It was very depressing. Lots of caged animals not looking very healthy. The high point was a mad monkey which had epileptic fits accompanied by blood-chilling shrieks. It was really quite a scream because Bono started singing. This infuriated the creature even further -- its shrieks grew louder. Bono matched its volume until the deranged creature started to beat his head against the wall. Eventually a very brusque woman ran over and dismissed us, complaining how cruel it was to drink sodas in front of our friend as there was nothing it liked more than a glass of Coke.

On to the gig. During the show, Bono handed out flowers to girls. Wish I'd done that. He's got friends for life. Afterwards we spent a long time with the punters. The Texans are a nice simple people, consequently conversation lasted long. 3.15 a.m. back to the hotel via the Alamo, which received the dubious accolade of consecration with Ozzy Osbourne's urine.

Fort Apache, The Bronx was on the HBO cable. Great film and Paul Newman's best performance in years.

Friday

Up too early with everyone looking wrecked. Arrive in Denver and Edge discovers a ski resort 50 miles up country. The four of us head off. It had to be hushed up as a broken leg at this stage of the tour would not be welcome. Stories were fabricated and changed so that no one had any idea where we were. It was a lovely drive through the Rockies to the resort. Once there, Edge organises the activities, as he is the experienced amateur. We get our skis on and Bono falls over immediately. We potter about on the nursery slopes under Edge's instructions. I eventually feel confident enough to try my luck on the mountain. I wish I hadn't. I've never been so frightened in all my life. To reach the top of the mountain we have to hang on chair lift, hundreds of feet above the ground with no safety bar. I was so hysterical I would have gladly thrown myself off had Edge not kept me talking.

At the top it soon becomes obvious that I had been over optimistic. I tell Edge to go off and enjoy himself, I'll walk down. The mountain very nearly claimed me. Edge goes up and down twice in the time it takes me to walk. Then he did a black slope. As you might know black slopes are very serious. And then some, like black holes and black belts. We retire to the bar for the only bit of ski I like -- apres ski and Gluewein. We make the mistake of ordering Irish Coffees, which are barely coffee and certainly not Irish. The cream comes from one of those aerosol jobs and there's a nasty green mint liqueur to boot. Once back in the hotel we decide to go and see Reds. It's a good film but I felt it lost its punch in places, but maybe that's because I was so tired.

P.S. this is actually real, albeit from a number of years ago.
Old 07-31-2006, 08:13 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Edge's blog, Day 1
Just got into Florida today where NASA had me fly in last minute to do some work on the space shuttle. These NASA scientists always crack me up. With all this accumulated knowledge, when will they learn that the only way to properly calibrate a neodilithium transpositer is to cross the flux capacitor with the warp nacelle chamber and then crosswire the shotbaker compartment with the jobnemy defibbrilator? It wasn't a big deal. The space shuttle launched three hours later. All in a day's work.

Now off to remix every U2 album!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:27 PM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

please keep doing more blogs
Old 08-01-2006, 09:39 AM   #38
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Edge's Blog, Day 2
Scientists are a laugh riot. I had no idea they could be so funny! This one guy was telling a joke today while I was curing cancer, and it was so hysterical milk shot out my nose. Then I cured Parkinson's.
Old 08-01-2006, 11:37 AM   #39
ONE
love, blood, life

Old 08-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #40
Blue Crack Supplier

Bono's Blog 8/1/06

I came into Eze today to do some recording, and while on the way there, I stopped and bought a newspaper. It was in French. This was disappointing. If Wikipedia was accurate, I'd be able to read it.

We recorded a song today. I don't remember what we called it.

I looked out the window and saw a bunch of people with recording things. I decided to play a neat trick, and I put a Coldplay B-side on the stereo. They won't ever figure it out.

I went to the bar afterwards, and it was extraordinary! They had my favorite drinks: alcohol. Extraordinary! I ran into this guy, and he looked like someone I knew. He had a scientist coat on. I decided to pretend he was Edge because Edge is a scientist. Extraordinary! He walked away after that. I got a cab, and the guy driving it sort of reminded me of this guy I met in Spain. Isn't that just extraordinary?!