U2 Need Another Live Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Convoy

Acrobat
I was just wondering how many here with me agree that U2 need another live album? And if you had your choice, what songs and their styles would you want to put on them?

I'd really like to see Elevation tour's acoustic version of "Stay", "All I want is you" as heard in the Slane video, "Running to a stand still" styled ala ZooTV, "Last Night on Earth" like on Pop Mart are just a few things that I'd love to hear done in concert and that concert put into an album form. Hehe.

no they don't. Live songs are taken out of perspective when there are no visuals. Although I do agree that the live versions really do expand on the studio versions.

They make CDs to go with DVDs if you really need one - doesn't Slane have a CD?

Hmm, can't seem to find it on Amazon, but I know I've seen it in some stores... :hmm:

Anyhow, I think I'll just shut up and agree with david.

Live CDs just aren't big sellers unless you are a band that has a rather nomadic fanbase like DMB, Pearl Jam, the Stones (I think), Grateful Dead and Phish.

Those are bands whose fanbase eat up their live performances like it is their last piece of cheese. Not to say that U2 fans aren't as passionate - but I think there is a difference even if I can't articulate it well for you right now.

After the Rattle & Hum semi disappointment, I don't think U2 will ever release a live album, and that is unfortunate. (ok, the record company will probably release one at the end of U2's career :sad: ). I agree with David, I do think the live DVD's have made the need for live CD's obsolete. Releasing a live CD along with the live DVD, like Coldplay did with their Live 2003 release is a nice idea, though.

Convoy, you should try a DVD Rip software, which would allow you to make your own live CD's from the DVD's.

I disasgree with the 'live DVDs have replaced the need for live CDs'. I can't watch a DVD in my car, and I can't really download a DVD to play on my iPod. U2 are at their best, in my opinion, live, and I would love to have another couple non-bootlegged live concerts from them.

Miggy D said:
U2 are at their best, in my opinion, live, and I would love to have another couple non-bootlegged live concerts from them.

Me too!!

I also want to play a live album in my car that doesn't have random drunks yelling over the songs and that has consistent sound levels.

I love live albums. :heart:

Convoy said:
I was just wondering how many here with me agree that U2 need another live album?

That is VERY wierd. I was just thinking the EXACT same thing while I was driving home from work today! So I guess I agree! :wink:

I think it would be cool if they released a live album a year after every studio album, but they'll never to that. :|

Ive always thought they should release their shows like pearl jam does. or if not in stores make them available for purchase online. i would definitly want a copy of the show i was at. Or maybe not having it is what makes the shows so special.

What's cool about the live DVDs is you can make CDs out of the stuff. I have a Rattle & Hum CD and a Slane CD. :reject:

Ahh, breakin' the law.

I love live stuff and after spending the past few years trading for bootlegs I guess I don't care if they ever release another live album or not.

saltwaterkiss26 said:
They make CDs to go with DVDs if you really need one - doesn't Slane have a CD?

Hmm, can't seem to find it on Amazon, but I know I've seen it in some stores... :hmm:

Anyhow, I think I'll just shut up and agree with david.

i think what you might have saw was the version of the slane dvd that came in a cd jewel case instead of the regular dvd case....

david said:

i think what you might have saw was the version of the slane dvd that came in a cd jewel case instead of the regular dvd case....

you are correct. I still see this one at the store and there is a sticker that says DVD on it. But I can see how someone would be confused by it and just get it thinking it was a regular CD.

Like some people in this thread I don't really see the need for live albums. What I really would like was to have Zoo TV and Popmart on DVD as soon as possible and then a full, uncut live DVD after the forthcoming tour.

Oh, and get Hamish Hamilton to direct again. I think he did a great job with Elevation.

Back
Top Bottom