U2 Music Videos DVD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

garibaldo

The Fly
I'm trying to put a compilation of all the U2 music videos onto one DVD with menus and all that jazz. I'm ripping from VHS tapes, so they are not going to be better quality than that. Some of the videos are ripped from DVDs (Elevation\Walk On), so they'll be better. I still think it would be cool to have them all on one disc with easy access (no fast forward and rewind). The problem is that there are too many videos to put on one 4.7 gigabyte DVD-R(esp if I want to maintain quality). What videos would you leave off the following list if you had no choice???

A Celebration
*All I Want Is You
*Angel of Harlem
*A Sort of Homecoming
*Bad
Beautiful Day (Version 1)
Beautiful Day (Version 2)
Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)
*Desire
Desire (Remix)
Discotechque
Discotechque (Steve Osbourne Remix)
*Elevation
*Even Better Than the Real Thing (Version 1)
*Even Better Than the Real Thing (Version 2)
*Even Better Than the Real Thing (Dance Mix)
Gloria
God Part II
Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
If God Would Send His Angels
In a Lifetime
In God?s Country
In the Name of the Father
Into the Arms of America
*I Still Haven?t Found What I?m Looking For
*I Will Follow
I?ve Got You Under My Skin
Lemon
*Love is Blindness
Mission Impossible ? Larry Mullen and Adam Clayton
*Mysterious Ways
*New Year?s Day
*Night and Day
*Numb
*Numb (Remix)
*One Tree Hill
Passengers (Miss Sarajevo)
Please
Please (Remix)
*Pride (Version 1)
*Pride (Version 2)
Spanish Eyes
Stay
Stuck in a Moment (US)
Stuck in a Moment (EU)
*Sunday, Bloody Sunday
*The Fly
*The Sweetest Thing
*The Unforgettable Fire
Two Hearts Beat As One
*Until the End of the World
*Walk On
Walk On (WTC Tribute)
*When Love Comes to Town
*Where the Streets Have No Name
Who?s Going to Ride Your Wild Horses
*With or Without You

I'm not sure some of these videos exist. This is a preliminary list and the ones with (*) next to them have been encoded already. I have most of the rest on VHS tapes. I think I need to shave 4-5 videos off this list to get it to fit. BTW, if anyone has really good quality (A\A-) recordings of some of the rare videos, I'd be willing to exchange the finished DVD for a good copy of those videos.

Why not wait until the official Best Of... DVD release(s)? I mean, they're released before the end of this year. The audio and video quality of it will be superior to any VHS version, so why do it now?

Wondering...

Marty

BTW, apart from Into The Arms Of America (I have never heard of this song, do you maybe mean Bullet The Blue Sky?) all videos exist (well, I'm not sure if a Please - Remix video exists, but a Please - Live version certainly exists).

C ya!

Marty

Because they're definitely not going to release all or even half of these videos on the DVD. DVD quality would limit them to half this number (~25 videos).

I really wish that I could contribute, but my U2 video collection is in terrible shape. When you do go through all of this hard work, I would venture to say that we'd all be grateful if we could start a tree to distribute that priceless collection. There might even be some tech savvy person out there to convert the DVD into region codes for you (for our friends in Europe).

wow.. there's a lot of songs there i've never seen the videos for like.. i've got you under my skin, in the name of the father, in a lifetime, numb (remix) etc.

you might wanna leave the live versions like walk on (wtc tribute) and sunday bloody sunday off since they're kinda separate. also aren't some of the R&H videos just lifted from the R&H movie? if so, those might be prime candidates for cutting.

Also note that there is a Lemon (remix) video as well that is quite cool.. and don't forget The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom