U2 "Moments in Time"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

One Tree Still

Acrobat
I can?t remember who posted their ?moment in time? memory of a U2 song (If You Wear?), but it inspired me to think of a few of my own. I?m not talking concert-related stuff here ? just moments when a U2 song integrated into an experience you were having.

A couple of mine?

Bad ? I was in high school, probably the winter of ?86 and I was riding up to Whistler/Blackcomb from Seattle in the back of a friend?s VW Bus. I had my Walkman on and was just staring out at the landscape in the twilight. This is really more about the whole UF album, but Bad sticks out to me. It was a fitting song for what I was seeing. I always associate Bad with that memory, and really the whole UF album.

Ultraviolet ? December 1991, some friends and I road-tripped to the Rose Bowl from Seattle (to watch my beloved Huskies crush Michigan and win the National Title). I?d had AB for a little over a month and it was starting to grow on me. Anyway, we left in the evening and I was probably the 3rd shift driver or something ? somewhere in the middle of the night. I popped in AB and listened to it all the way through. UV was my fav song from AB at the time (still is) and I remember a feeling of complete freedom when it came up. Pretty sweet memory.

One Tree Still said:

Ultraviolet ? December 1991, some friends and I road-tripped to the Rose Bowl from Seattle (to watch my beloved Huskies crush Michigan and win the National Title). I?d had AB for a little over a month and it was starting to grow on me. Anyway, we left in the evening and I was probably the 3rd shift driver or something ? somewhere in the middle of the night. I popped in AB and listened to it all the way through. UV was my fav song from AB at the time (still is) and I remember a feeling of complete freedom when it came up. Pretty sweet memory.

I love Ultraviolet - perhaps the most underrated U2 song.

Ultraviolet followed by Acrobat and One followed by UTEOTW
makes AB for me.

Re: Re: U2 "Moments in Time"

AcrobatMan said:

Ultraviolet followed by Acrobat and One followed by UTEOTW
makes AB for me.

Good point. the end of that album with those sequences of songs is so freaking incredible. before when i just used to 'listen' to U2 (um, uknowwhat i mean) I'd skip the beginning of the disc and go right to those three. :heart: i used to listen to them over and over-

Back
Top Bottom