U2 moment for me tonight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
i was walking home tonight. late. dark out. looked like it was to rain. and i was listening to running to stand still live from a zootv boot on my disc man. i was so entrunched in the song that i felt like i was the girl..."She walks through the streets
With her eyes painted red
Under black belly of cloud in the rain" ....i was living the song right there right then. it was the best version of that song i ever heard. not because of the bands performance playing it, but because of my experience listening to it. i see that song in a whole new perspective now. after tonight i feel like i appricate that song in a way i never did before.

anyone else have an experience similar, where they'll never hear a song the same way again.

Well I have never had quite the same thing but I was walking along the boardwalk in Toronto after a horrible week about a month ago , kinda in one of those moods were you feel sorry for yourself you know and I met this old lady who was trying to get up on the snow bank to take a picture of the lake.. I went over to help her and ended up talking to her for an hour.. She was 92 and an artist and I was amazed at how differently she saw things, she just made my day better and I saw everything a little brighter.. The whole hour walk home Beutiful Day was blaring in my head, Ialmost wanted to burst out singing.. but even in Toronto that would scare people .. So for me that day and everyday since " Beutiful Day"

Back
Top Bottom