u2 maybe to preform...(rumor)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_man2002

Blue Crack Addict

as the site says NOTHING BUT RUMORS!

February 3: SoccerAge.com reports that organizers of the Benfica Centenary soccer tournament are in "advanced talks" with U2 and other artists to perform at the event, which is set for the weekend of February 28th in Lisbon.

maybe the will preform the first single....which was already supposed to be out by know right?...or on the radio atleast

won't happen.

there's no way they'd release a single now when the album's not coming out until fall.

You're only speculating that it's coming out in the Northern autumn. I still think it's coming in May. In regards to the initial post ... I'm very doubtful that's true, but it'd be nice if it is.

Axver said:
You're only speculating that it's coming out in the Northern autumn. I still think it's coming in May. In regards to the initial post ... I'm very doubtful that's true, but it'd be nice if it is.

wow! well i definitely wish you were right.

Axver said:

Eternal optimist. But "official" reports from U2 themselves indicate they just signed on Steve Lillywhite for some producing. If the album was coming out in May, it would be nearing completion and not having a new producer come in. I'am not a gambling man, but I will place a bet with a certain amount of certainty that U2's new album will not be out in May of 2004. There is no recent information anywhere that points to that at all. My "guess" is November 2004. Tour starts April 2005

Yep, well since I made that prediction we've had that new information and I'm conceding I'm wrong, despite how optimistic I'd like to be ... it's just too unrealistic to still be saying May. As I see it now, September or October will be the likely release months. Quite frankly, I'm pleased - I'm rather short of cash so the longer I have to wait, the better!

benfica's stadium is 300 meters away from my flat, i would almost see it from my window. unfortunately this is not true at all, i never even heard anything about this here in portugal.
I had high hopes that u2 would come in early june for the rock in rio (in lisbon, strange isn't it) festical, but even for that it seems that we will have to satisfy ourselves with crap like metallica, britney, guns n'roses and i don't know what more...

Blue Room said:

Eternal optimist. But "official" reports from U2 themselves indicate they just signed on Steve Lillywhite for some producing. If the album was coming out in May, it would be nearing completion and not having a new producer come in. I'am not a gambling man, but I will place a bet with a certain amount of certainty that U2's new album will not be out in May of 2004. There is no recent information anywhere that points to that at all. My "guess" is November 2004. Tour starts April 2005

November is a good guess, maybe October - no pun intended.
Defintely will tour next year around April/May, but possibility of a promo mini-tour before that.

Back
Top Bottom