U2 LP13 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Super Bowl annoucement of New single with b-sides:

Invisible (God can see you but you can't see him)

Also including:
Walk On My Knees
Heave (alternate take that Brian Eno Burton doesn't like)
The Spirit of Santa Monica (Hangar Remix)

I'll consider it LP14. I'm counting Rattle & Hum, even though it has some live tracks on it. I'm also counting Original Soundtracks 1, even though it was initially released under the Passengers pseudonym. A couple songs have also been released under the U2 moniker.

Otherwise it'll be LP12:

Boy
October
War
The Unforgettable Fire
The Joshua Tree
Achtung Baby
Zooropa
Pop
All That You Can't Leave Behind
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
No Line on the Horizon

In the next 20 minutes I'll be posting a .rar file with cleaned up (not perfect, but much clearer / better) audio of all 7 clips we have. Clip 2 is sounding the best by a fair way

Thanks man. I'll give it a try. I have the first round of clips about a minute before calling it quits due to the quality.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

It's pretty much the same section of the song in all of them anyway - clip 1, 6 and 7 have more of the song, but they are probably the worst quality

It's a bit darker, heavier than Levitate, but the slide riff is similar to the main riff here. Really sounds great though, something very different than the primary colours rock of the last 2 albums. This seems to be the change in direction promised before NLOTH. They do run in 3s afterall...

So, impressions? Seems really rolling, epic, a bit dark, but also really catchy with the falsetto. Pretty much exactly what it needs to be to hook people in in a 30 second ad. Maybe they sprung for a full minute?

Was finally able to gain some kind of idea from the 2nd clip. Thanks Dan.

Sounds intriguing but still not enough to go on to actually post an impression.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Did people not learn any lessons from the beach clips? What's with some of these descriptions?!? As much as I can tell from these clips, the new songs are not hip hop nor classically composed. It doesn't sound heavy or alternative. I don't think it's country twang. It does sound like U2.

Did people not learn any lessons from the beach clips? What's with some of these descriptions?!? As much as I can tell from these clips, the new songs are not hip hop nor classically composed. It doesn't sound heavy nor very alternative. It does sound like U2.

There is a difference between making some general stylistic observations from these clips and the issues regarding expectations of quality with the beach clips.

There are some basic facts you can tell from these clips, such as Bono sings some oooooo's in falsetto. Breathe and GOYB beach clips sounded very much like the final versions. You heard the final versions and they were immediately recognisable. Any disappointment is a problem with expectations of quality. No-one who was disappointed with GOYB after loving the beach clip was expecting an acoustic folk song.

It sounds like it could play to a training or reflection montage in a Rocky movie or something. That's the mood I'm getting from it. "There's no easy way out, there's no shortcut home". Lol I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom