U2 LP13 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pfft. This album is going to suck. I can tell based on that clip. It's very clearly a crappy song.

And ass-slapping? I'm not buying a U2 album where ass-slapping twerking is involved in the promotion.

Super Bowl ad? Jesus, what a bunch of sell-outs.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

These are beach clips on auto pilot. ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

srtjurst_zps8f8585d9.gif

Mikal don't be a killjoy, I was saying it sounds epic even if it's just crappy quality clip, I really think we are in for something special and it's going to make Coldplay realize they're just 2nd fiddle and could only in their dreams compare themselves to our boys. Didn't start with a dig at Coldplay, but was just thinking this new album is going to make them insanely jealous. ;)

I still don't know how you all are making out any details based on this recording.

I think the last 5 years with no new music is making us get ahead of ourselves here.

Hopefully the song is good but there's no way I'm going to go on record saying the song sounds epic or anything like that.

When you're the only one making any sense around here, something is seriously wrong. :)

So after years of false alarms, all we have to do now is wait for the Super Bowl. I should be more excited than I am, but it hasn't sunk in yet, and I've gotten so used to being disappointed that I got a little burnt out and stopped caring months ago. My enthusiasm for U2 needs a jumpstart.

But the new clips do sound more atmospheric and epic than Boots did all those years ago (from what little can be heard). I have higher hopes for this one! It's going to be exciting seeing U2 around again. :)

Does anyone know if the sound of the cars driving by on the first clip will be on the album? I really like the atmosphere it brings.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Re: Rumors.

The Vancouver thing came from one newspaper report. It's pure speculation.

And how will the tour begin in February if the album comes out in March? I don't see them doing any real album promo until March. With all the latest development, we'll have a first single by February.

Tour maybe beginning in May or June?!

Re: Rumors.

The Vancouver thing came from one newspaper report. It's pure speculation.

And how will the tour begin in February if the album comes out in March? I don't see them doing any real album promo until March. With all the latest development, we'll have a first single by February.

Tour maybe beginning in May or June?!

They might do a promo tour, ala Elevation

U2 tends to play more than one song in a "session" for shoots even if it's just one song they are shooting for specifically. At least as far as I can remember. I think they like warming up, the chance to practice live in front of people, and just genuinely like playing. Once you go to all that trouble to set up your stuff, why not bang out a couple tunes? Having said all that, and knowing that they audio and video document EVERYTHING pretty much, I'm sure they filmed the entire thing :wink:

Looks like they're doing the same kind of promo they did just before NLOTH came out, at the somerville theatre in Boston where they filmed GOYB and Magnificent live

If some people can make out a song that sounds "epic" and "atmospheric" from that muffled garbled audio, I can only imagine that when the first official 30 sec clip airs we'll be in for 53 pages of OMG OMG OMG BEST MUSIC EVAR!!! :doh: :wink:

If some people can make out a song that sounds "epic" and "atmospheric" from that muffled garbled audio, I can only imagine that when the first official 30 sec clip airs we'll be in for 53 pages of OMG OMG OMG BEST MUSIC EVAR!!! :doh: :wink:

Exactly, but this time it will be for realz, AB meets War with a sprinkling of Boy, or just call the album Epicropa ala Zoorppa redux! I'm becoming flipping mad after some concrete garbled clips!

SANTA MONICA, Calif. — Jimmy Iovine, whose career as a recording engineer, producer and music executive stretches from John Lennon to Lady Gaga, was proudly showing off some of his hits one afternoon last month at a boutique recording studio here...Yet he was most excited to talk about his next project, Beats Music, a subscription streaming service he founded with Dr. Dre that will challenge Spotify, Pandora and Apple’s new iTunes Radio in the battle over how people consume music online....That marketing campaign will include a major integration deal with AT&T, regular plugs on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” and even a Super Bowl ad — a blitz not seen in digital music since the days of Apple’s dancing-silhouette iTunes commercials.

I guess this might be the brand partnership of u2's Super bowl commercial. You can read the full article here: http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/12/arts/music/beats-music-enters-online-streaming-market.html?smid=tw-nytimesmusic&seid=auto&_r=1

Or "WOW I liked the Hangar Clips so much better." :grumpy:

Have you read the threads when Vertigo and HTDAAB leaked? :wink:

:shifty: I always love to re read them after a while, it's the best kind of entertainment.

I don't know why anyone would put any stock into anything anyone says about what they supposedly hear.

Sheesh. Relax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom