U2 LP13 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U2BR is our site. Since early in the morning we're working in the audio in order I making it more audible.

The news we had is that U2 bought a 4M advertisement space on Super Bowl and will present the new single. Some said after that it will available online on iTunes

The tour will be rehearsed in Vancouver, and starts in February. (Don't know if the reharsal or the tour in si)

They're going to do a few promo shows in the space between feb-March in order to promote de single/album

Album will be available in march

Pretty much what we knew, but still excited news.

Thanks for linking our website over here =)

Thanks for the info and efforts to clear up the audio. :up:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

So a couple of sources are saying March now? I'm guessing it will be out March 29 in Australia and April 2 in USA. Not sure what day albums are released in Europe these days?

What I like is that if the single first cones out during the Super Bowl:

1. I won't be so fucking pissed about the Packers season

2. If the album is out in March we won't have that king of a wait between single and album.

Good times and it's about time.

I'm going to drown in a sea of great new music this year. Of that I'm very certain.

'A mixture of Miracle Drug to Always'

I can hear the collectively premature groan already. :laugh:

I love both songs so if it sounds even remotely close to that, I'm happy. :D

But this does mean it's played on the Explorer then. As that's the guitar used for both songs. :wink:

U2BR is our site. Since early in the morning we're working in the audio in order I making it more audible.

The news we had is that U2 bought a 4M advertisement space on Super Bowl and will present the new single. Some said after that it will available online on iTunes

The tour will be rehearsed in Vancouver, and starts in February. (Don't know if the reharsal or the tour in si)

They're going to do a few promo shows in the space between feb-March in order to promote de single/album

Album will be available in march

Pretty much what we knew, but still excited news.

Thanks for linking our website over here =)

I highly doubt they bought a 4 minute commercial slot... It's 4 million just for a 30 second time slot. They or any corporate sponsor isn't paying 32 million dollars just to play Donkey Punch in it's entirety.

30 second slot, introducing the song and telling people where they can find Donkey Punch on the internet.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

This is the time when I cry myself out because I don't live in USA/Europe for the concerts/promo tours.

But still, great times are coming *.*

I'm thinking march for a digital release and April for a physical release? Don't know

I highly doubt they bought a 4 minute commercial slot... It's 4 million just for a 30 second time slot. I highly doubt they or any corporate sponsor paid 32 million dollars just to play Donkey Punch in it's entirety. 30 second slot, introducing the song and telling people where they can find Donkey Punch on the internet. Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Sorry, I meant to say 4M as 4 million, which means a 30 second =)

I highly doubt they bought a 4 minute commercial slot... It's 4 million just for a 30 second time slot. They or any corporate sponsor isn't paying 32 million dollars just to play Donkey Punch in it's entirety.

30 second slot, introducing the song and telling people where they can find Donkey Punch on the internet.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

4 million?

ok - self-imposed "no listening to shitty quality clips rule" now goes into effect.. I've gorged myself on those clips like a kid on cookie dough, for a good 30 minutes. now it's time to avoid em. I can wait 3 weeks.

wish me luck.

None of these are Mercy. (Thank goodness) My iPhone plays them pretty well actually, and I can make out the song for the most part. Sounds very 80s, and I mean that in a good way. Guitars in both these clips reminded me of Big Country sortof. Really excited to hear more! Finally, what the hell is wrong with our fellow Interferencers who live near Santa Monica? Why are we getting news and clips from U2uruguay, U2brasil, U2..Israel??? Lol look you Cali blue crack peeps get your butts over to that location and get us some news!!! :angry: :wink:

The problem with us Californians is we get distracted easy. We get to Santa Monica and then just keep going to the beach or turn left and hit In-n-Out.

I'm not hearing any clips I prefer to wait a little longer but have the experience of being blown away when they hit us with the Donkey Punch!!!!!

I'm not hearing any clips I prefer to wait a little longer but have the experience of being blown away when they hit us with the Donkey Punch!!!!!

I expect your anal cavity will tighten as well. :up:

I didn't figure out the relation between playing/recording a bunch of songs LIVE in a wide place, and preparing a commercial of 30 sec. I'm led to think they're two different things (even if related to each other) and maybe this Santa Monica performance will become some exclusive content for the internet or something other. I hope everything regarding the Santa Monica event gets unvealed that very day.:drool:

U2 tends to play more than one song in a "session" for shoots even if it's just one song they are shooting for specifically. At least as far as I can remember. I think they like warming up, the chance to practice live in front of people, and just genuinely like playing. Once you go to all that trouble to set up your stuff, why not bang out a couple tunes? Having said all that, and knowing that they audio and video document EVERYTHING pretty much, I'm sure they filmed the entire thing :wink:

I still don't know how you all are making out any details based on this recording.

I think the last 5 years with no new music is making us get ahead of ourselves here.

Hopefully the song is good but there's no way I'm going to go on record saying the song sounds epic or anything like that.

Pfft. This album is going to suck. I can tell based on that clip. It's very clearly a crappy song.

And ass-slapping? I'm not buying a U2 album where ass-slapping twerking is involved in the promotion.

Super Bowl ad? Jesus, what a bunch of sell-outs.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Yesterday was a difference thing, and apparently they played 4 different songs
One lady tweeted to me that they played for 7-hours (they even played past midnight), and she also said the songs took her back to the Achtung Baby-days.

I'm not posting her twitter account here because I don't want you guys to bombard her with loads of questions. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom