U2 looking old?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_acrobat

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I guess it has to happen. The members of U2 are starting to look old. I mean, Edge's beard is almost entirely white, Adam's hair is turning grey very fast, and Bono looks very old when he does not shave. Larry looks like he did in 1985. I think that should burn those colored sunglasses and never wear them again. Just stick with the black ones. And he should also shave! Edge should just shave that white stuff off his face. The facial hair has served him well, since the Joshua Tree, but maybe now it's time to part. And Adam........well, grey hair just makes him look even cooler. Keep it! Bono was voted on of the worst dress people at the Golden Globe awards. I kinda agree.

Larry looks the same.
Adam looks cool, no matter how "old" he looks.
Edge just needs to color his goatee, he doesn't look old otherwise.
Bono on the other hand, looks like he's falling apart, and has since about 1999. He looks worse when his shades are off (see the "New York" performance on the Elevation DVD). Keep the shades Bono, please.

Last edited:
*BOOMCHAA!* said:
I don't understand how someone in a tux can be voted "worst dressed". They all look the same. :shifty:

Consider the source

rivers.jpg

a_rivers_i.jpg

joan1.jpg

*coughpotcallingthekettleblackcough*

I have no clue why anyone in their right mind would talk to that old senile windbag Joan Rivers to begin with.

There have been fights on the forum re: how U2 is aging, so let's make sure to keep it constructive and polite. :) :wave:

I agree, Bono looks oldER, but not just OLD. He honestly looks really different when you see him in the flesh. I was thinking that he was really starting to look older, but then when I met him last month, he looked totally different. He's a lot more vibrant and alive looking in person. Even on my own pictures, he looks kinda sullen, but the entire time he was with us he was really happy and cheerful and looked really great. He's also a lot smaller than he looks on camera. I wouldn't be worried.

I disagree with several of you. Bono looking OLDER since 1999? I think he was looking terribly old in the late 90's, especially in the interviews on that Making Of the JT DVD and VH-1 Legends, and Sweetest Thing video. In those heavy rimmed black rhinestoned glasses, he was taking on the look of a sterotypical middle aged office man. Then came ATYCLB and Elevation and it was like the nerd in the movie who gets a makeover, loses the dorky glasses, unslicks the hair, and starts dressing cooler. By late 2000 I was amazed at how much younger and cooler he looked, got his looks back IMO! What an improvement! Now, he's fine, but I think he looks younger without the stubble and the shades. I hope he will always keep dyeing his hair dark, he'd look older if he let it go gray, don't do it!:no:

Larry, I don't see all this 'youthfullness' people claim he has. He looks his age to me, which is not a bad thing. Maybe nobody noticed he's changed since he never ever changes his look :lol:

Edge just wouldn't look right without his beard, even if it is gray. As long as he keeps the beanie ON he'll look okay.

Adam, sorry, but I think he's looked old as the hills since the JT days and now looks like he could pass for the other three's father, or at least much older brother. If he'd grow his hair out some and dye it golden blond he would look a lot younger IMO. I like his new no glasses look, I wonder if he got contacts or laser eye surgery?

Maybe all the closeup pics we post are making some notice their little wrinkles more than most people would. Of course they're not 25 anymore and never will be again, but they're still cool and good looking.

Last edited:
daisybean said:

Consider the source

rivers.jpg

a_rivers_i.jpg

joan1.jpg

*coughpotcallingthekettleblackcough*

Seriously who is she to judge anyone else and who gives a damn about her opinion? Speaking of getting OLD, how many facelifts has she had? :madspit:

:eyebrow: They may be looking oldER (hey, it happens to all of us!) but I'd say far from old. They ALL still look pretty damned good to me! And when I told a friend that they're all in their early 40s, she was very surprised...she thought they ALL looked younger!!!

I guess all of us "regular" people should just be glad we don't have cameras in our faces when we aren't looking our best. I would sure hate it if people judged me by my gray hairs or the bags under my eyes.

Not that it matters one way or the other, but these are men on the other side of 40. Would it make us happier if they had face lifts and dyed their hair and beards and looked like stretched out drum skins with chocolate pudding on their heads? Men who try to hold on to their youth by artificial means look ridiculous. And before anyone brings it up, yes, I know Bono dyes his hair but its fairly natural looking, especially when he lets it go gray at the temples.

Unless someone has the magic youth formula hidden away somewhere, this is gonna happen to all of us.

Some people think it is a bit strange that i'm so *coughOBSESSEDcough* about a band whose members are practically the same age as my parents, but i don't really care about that. :rolleyes: Lots of my friends still think Tom Cruise is hot, so i rationalize it with that. Besides, Edge is such a cool (and :cute:, and :combust: ) person anyways, and all my friends know it! They love the beanies too, and when my friend saw the golden globes the other night she couldn't keep talking about what a great accent he has. *sighs dreamily* .

*imagines Edge singing "slow down my beating heart........slowly love, slooowly looooove......."* *melts into a little roe shaped puddle on the floor* :love::edge:

Oh, what was i saying now? And when he dyes his beard his gray's hardly noticable. EDGE ROCKS!!!! And so does U2, no matter how they look!!! :dance: :dance:

Last edited:
Warning! Ranting ahead!

So, the members of U2 don't exactly look young anymore? NEWS FLASH! They are all in their early 40s - what are they supposed to look like? And why does it matter? It's not like they ever had to rely on their looks to be successful, unlike so many artists. And as much as I hate to drag out hoary cliches, there IS such a thing as inner beauty, which I think they have in spades. (Just for the record I think they still look pretty good, but hey, that's just me).

As for Bono being voted Worst Dressed at the Golden Globes, WTF? I thought he looked really good - he even had his shirt tucked in! When was the last time we saw that? I even thought he had dropped a couple of pounds (which may be why he tucked in the shirt). And when I stumbled across the Fashion Police thing on E! while channel surfing last night, I noticed one of the male "fashion experts" was wearing the exact same kind of outfit Bono wore to the Golden Globes - black slacks, black jacket, white shirt open a couple of buttons at the throat (no shades, though).

I think Edge has to dye his beard. There's something about that white beard that reminds me of Santa Claus.
Bono shouldn't color his whiskers. I think he looks cool with dark hair and salt'n'pepper whiskers! And I may be scorned for saying this,:shifty: but I really think that its time he ditched the shades. Now those are getting old

Um, should they be ashamed that they're getting older?

Sheesh, show business is so fake.

STING2 said:
Since when is 40 old?

I'm only 21, but I've always thought that was stupid. I mean, it's not uncommon for people to live to be 100 nowadays. If 40 is old, the human race is in some serious trouble!

no elevation you are right, but those who take offence to bono being named worst dressed...please. like other people have said joan rivers is a skank. bono puts her to shame, as i am 100 times more attracted to him than i am to her.

Back
Top Bottom