U2 looking old?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
filledeperle said:

Bono shouldn't color his whiskers. I think he looks cool with dark hair and salt'n'pepper whiskers! And I may be scorned for saying this,:shifty: but I really think that its time he ditched the shades. Now those are getting old

AMEN twice over! :yes:

i think the shades are definately a trademark thing already. and they work. why mess with success.

When I saw that ADAM :adam: photo, I said to myself: God, he looks old, but then, the second thought that poped into my head was: God, he looks COOL. That is one cool guy

When I saw that EDGE :edge: photo, I said to myself: God, he looks old, but then.....: That beanie, it's so cool, but I can't imagine a guy with a freakin hat on his head for over 11 years (cuties, ughhhhh)

Whenever I see Larry Mullen Jr , I say to myself: What a cool guy, and he looks so young, especially when on Slane Castle Bono introduces him, he smiles and puts all his heart in the drumming.

When I saw Bono , first, in the Beautiful Day video: he looks so young and cool, especially with those black shades (BTW, those blue shades look so weird on him). Then, on the Slane Castle Broadcast (another BTW, in the "the sky falls, it feels like" part of BD, his voice cracks), you have to look at him during "Streets" (worse directing ever, right on that song). During "Streets", he gets focused, but only his face, not even his hear. When he gets focused like that, then you really see OLD, but I mean OLDNESS, Golden Girls Oldness. Check that out. And yes, wih that beard, he looks bad.

But, in general, they look great.

pepokiss said:

When I saw Bono , first, in the Beautiful Day video: he looks so young and cool, especially with those black shades (BTW, those blue shades look so weird on him). Then, on the Slane Castle Broadcast (another BTW, in the "the sky falls, it feels like" part of BD, his voice cracks), you have to look at him during "Streets" (worse directing ever, right on that song). During "Streets", he gets focused, but only his face, not even his hear. When he gets focused like that, then you really see OLD, but I mean OLDNESS, Golden Girls Oldness. Check that out. And yes, wih that beard, he looks bad.

But, in general, they look great.

:scratch:

Yes they are getting older, but I don't think they are looking old. After watching the Golden Globes the other night, I thought Bono looked hot!:drool: He was sexier than most of the other tv/movie stars that were there (including the younger ones).

dipster said:
After watching the Golden Globes the other night, I thought Bono looked hot!:drool: He was sexier than most of the other tv/movie stars that were there (including the younger ones).

Amen to that! :yes: :up:There was no one on that show I'd rather have stared at all night than Bono. He was the hottest and best looking guy there IMO and Edge was cute too.

This is a beautiful man :love:

globebeauty.jpg

:drool:

:sick:

:combust:

U2Kitten said:

Amen to that! :yes: :up:There was no one on that show I'd rather have stared at all night than Bono. He was the hottest and best looking guy there IMO and Edge was cute too.

globebeauty.jpg

Amen! THESE are ALL beautiful men!

hotgroupshot.jpg

tiny dancer said:
If you compare them to the Rolling Stones, U2, looks like youngsters! :wink:

Well, they are a generation younger. The Stones are almost 60. I don't think the Stones look bad for that age at all. Even Keefs could look worse, considering. At least he's not bald and fat. What surprises me is that rock stars the same age group as U2, like Bon Jovi, Anthony Keidis of Red Hot Chili Peppers and even Vince Neil and Tommy Lee of Motley Crue have held up better and look years younger than U2 do, and this considering most of those were heavily into drugs and U2 never was :confused: maybe it acted as a preservative? :der: When Bono was onstage with the Stones a few months back, I admit I said Bono looked old as they did, but Bono has been looking very good lately and I take it back. I'm very impressed with Bono, I think he looks as good as he could with what he has to work with right now and he is very handsome and attractive. I don't know why anyone would pick on Bono and Edge when Adam is the member of the band who looks glaringly old. Of course the music is still good, etc.

41 replies eh?
41...cool number...now I've got used to it.
sweetheart..you're so cruel. Is that picture of Bono up there, the close-up, taken recently?( I don't look at pics much, just listen to their songs) What I would give to have that irish skin that hadn't spent 41 years in the Australian sun.
I am definitely not showing myself when U2 tour here. WHEN they do( they will?)I am wearing one of those burkas I saw in a movie I watched last night, "Kandahar" made in Iran. It was very moving. Be thankful if you have 2 legs for dancing and new U2 songs to dance to imho.
True they are no longer the 18 year old boys that had a dream and burst onto the world music stage with such gusto, by my o my...U2 are beautiful imho. inside and out.

Age shall not weary them
Or the years condemn
At the going down of the sun
And in the morning
We shall remember them

Lest we forget

I love U2, whatever vehicle they are getting around in, cortina, trabant, limo, 40 something year old bodies. I think they have truly earned some peaceful retirement years...2001 was arduous. You try doing what they do, no matter what your income and access to therapies, and see how you look at their age.

And I will bet my boots they are so happy with their families and wives right now, appearance would not bea priority to them. It gets better...it truly does.Ali, put the kettle on.....

This topic is so pointless! :lol:

Of course they're looking old.. they're AGING like every other normal human being on the planet!!! And I think they look DAMN good for their age :yes:

Especially Larry :drool: he doesnt age.

There's something kind of, um, wrong, almost disturbing to me about a gray haired rock star. I can't imagine how much older Bono would look gray haired and I don't want to. I really think the gray hair adds years to Adam, and they are too young to look old already! The people who said 40 isn't old are right- it isn't- so they shouldn't have to look it. There are many years to come when they really will be old, but that is a long time from now!

Just a thought- has everyone ruled out the distinct possibility that Larry dyes his hair too? Not only is he over 40 and likely graying, most people over 20 aren't natural blondes, even if they were as kids. Is it okay for him? Hey, it's okay for everybody!

Last edited:
Originally posted by cass
Is that picture of Bono up there, the close-up, taken recently?

YES! Sunday night at the Golden Globes as a matter of fact! He does looks so young and beautiful! :cute:

I am sure that they all dye their hair or they are just lucky and havent grayed yet. After all they are in showbiz and we all know how consumed showbiz is with "looks". To me personally I think that they look handsome and yes they are aging and eventually we all will have to go thro the same thing!!!

They are showing some age a bit and sometimes it is more apparent than others but I still think they look great. There is more to these guys that make them attractive than how they look. I do admit though that I am not really ready for grey hair.

Desire4Bono said:

What surprises me is that rock stars the same age group as U2, like Bon Jovi, Anthony Keidis of Red Hot Chili Peppers and even Vince Neil and Tommy Lee of Motley Crue have held up better and look years younger than U2 do, and this considering most of those were heavily into drugs and U2 never was :confused: maybe it acted as a preservative? ]

Your right Bon Jovi and Anthony Keidis do look younger than
the U2 guys BUT, I have recently seen Vince Neil and Tommy
Lee on TV and Vince looks fat! and his face looks bloated. He really does look old.Tommy lee's face looks worn out and tired. I used to listen to Motely Crue in the 80's:reject: :yuck: They used to be good looking guys, but not anymore.

Anyway, my opinion on the topic is:
I think Bono , Edge, Larry and Adam look very good for their
age. Bono is a very handsome guy, Edge's beard is just
about completely grey but he sure as hell looks good with
it:yes: Larry does not look like a 41yr old, he can easily pass
for 35, he definitely as been genetically blessed. Adam does look
older than the other guys but that grey looks so good on him
I think he looks very sexy and cool with the grey hair.

I think that Bono and Adam's age is definately starting to show. I think that Edge looks pretty good for his age he has some wrinkles around his eyes but that is to be expected for someone with hooded eyes like his (I'm going to have the same problem :|) I think that Larry is finally starting to age but does look 5-10 years younger than his actual age. His face has gotten thinner which has made him look older.
But I think they all look damn good for having lived the lives of rockstars for the past 20 years. Some other rock stars their age look damned scary. Anyways no matter how old they get/look it'll never change the way that I feel about the band.

U2Kitten said:

globebeauty.jpg

:yes:

I agree completely. I've often thought Joan Rivers was funny, but I disagree with her here - especially considering that heinous gown she was wearing. When I looked at the pics of Bono from the Golden Globes, I was downright impressed (see above). He wore the tux in a - and I have to say it - "sexy" way. It fit him well and he gave it a different style (as opposed to a routine bow-tie or cumberbund nonsense). Plus, as shown by the pic above, I thought he was looking damn good. As a man, I don't say that too often about other men. :sexywink: But I have to call it as I see it.

So while I have seen "old" in them all at times (and I agree with those who say Larry looks his age - he doesn't look 25 to me at all - he looks late 30's at best), I also see "old" in me. But that's part of the aging process. At least they don't look Keith Richards "old". :no:

U2 has always been honest to fans, and their honesty in their music is what makes us love them. So I appreciate if they let us see their ages and their wrinkles. I think that if they were overly preoccupied with their appearences I would be turned off, because they would be acting as though they are commodities and we are merely buyers. And they have never treated their fans like that...

Plus Bono looks like his dad now, and I think that's touching. They're all so beautiful!! :tongue:

STING2 said:
Since when is 40 old?

:bow:

I'm the same age as Bono. martha, please tell them I don't look old.

martha? you out there? pretty please?

Back
Top Bottom