U2 Live at Red Rocks- 21st Anniversary...and STILL NO DVD...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gareth brown

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Anyone else watching their VHS copy tonight? I haven't watched mine since exactly a year ago...I think I'll dig out my entire 2-Disc version as well. :)

What really ticks me off is the lack of DVD release...I really want the whole show on DVD, uncut and without a bunch of poor quality deleted Videos, (not that I didn't download them INSTANTLY as soon as I saw them on U2star.com) You know you're a real U2 fan when you're willing to put up with low quality VHS-sourced video...

nbcrusader said:
Given the poor technical quality of the video, is a DVD release realistic?

With all the new technology anything is possible. The Who released their movie "The Kids Are Alright" and some of the footage was so old (early/mid-60's) that it barely played well on the original film. The film was transferred to a digital format and brighten, brought to a proper speed and the film is better than ever. Since this video is only 21 years old, there is no reason that it can't be digitally transferred and made better than ever.

I posted about this in another fourm, but I'll sumarise it here for those of you who missed it.

A couple of weeks ago, Universal Music New Zealand's "DVD Product Manager", Chris King, sent me some information regarding U2's commercial video releases. Chris said that there is currently a "wishlist of (U2) titles that were previously released on VHS and need to be released on DVD." Those titles include the Red Rocks video, as well as 'Zoo TV: Live from Sydney', 'Popmart: Live from Mexico', and 'The Best of 1980-1990'.

Three of those titles, according to Chris, are likely to be released on DVD before the end of this year - with Red Rocks being one of them. This will, apparently, include the "entire show in original running order, plus interviews."

Mike Vaney
U2 New Zooland

Ballymun said:
Three of those titles, according to Chris, are likely to be released on DVD before the end of this year - with Red Rocks being one of them. This will, apparently, include the "entire show in original running order, plus interviews."

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Soooo...is Zoo TV one of the other two titles to be released before the end of the year? Red Rocks and Zoo TV released on DVD, plus a new U2 album all in the same year would be incredible.

Back
Top Bottom