U2 - it can't get any better

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I basically like all of their songs from the 90s, but that doesn't make me a blind fan...

I like what they stood for and the direction they went in during an era when older bands started to die out or lose popularity.

Babyface, the album version of Love is Blindness (not by any means the live version), Wake up Dead Man, Somedays are Better Than Others, and some of the instrumental tracks on Passengers don't do it for me

I love all of their early 80s work, hell, even Red Light which gets unfairly bashed sometimes. Does that make me a blind early 80s fan?

I love their new work as well, because it's still enjoyable when I don't overanalyze things. Does that make me a blind 00s fan?

I guess I'm just a blind U2 fan overall :shrug:

First of all, I was under the impression that most people here were stating an opinion, so typing IMO is just plain redundent. Of course it's your opinion! Anyway, it's also pretty bad to say that someone is "talking shit". What's that all about? Let's play nice now!
U2 have been around a long damn time and it would be unfair to their entire body of work to say that their last two studio albums were their best. Over 25 years, they have had a number of different eras with different priorities in each one. In this era(2000-present) they're 4 dudes in their forties coping with love, death and mortality. Imagine that?
Just remember folks, opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one smelly one.

For comparison's sake, how is it U2 put out HTDAAB and at approximately the same age, Bruce was putting out "Ghost of Tom Joad"?

Age has nothing to do with quality.

Back
Top Bottom