U2 Is What Is Wrong

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

whatev06

Babyface
"How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" is one of the worst so-called rock albums of all time. U2 hasn't been good since the early 90's. Now the band is simply a bigger-than-life mega-marketing machine spearheaded by a lead singer with a God-complex. Surreal images of Bono appear on massive screeens in large stadiums while thousands listen to his incessant wailing on about his political mission - some even sing along to the musical putresence called "Beautiful Day" or "The Sweetest Thing". I've read headlines on U2-related websites titled "Bono's Prophetic Vox" and "Bono Waxes Prophetic". Who writes this crap? Is this guy really the Savior? Their latest piece of refuse album was just given a whole bunch of awards - despite the fact that it totally sucks. If U2 is the best at any one thing that's PRETENTIOUSNESS. Esquire just said that Edge was the best guitarist in the world and some ignorant publication called Bono the "most-inspired" artist. What? The entire U2 mantra is sickening and fraudulent. All of the best rock bands are underground bands that play shows before relatively small crowds - many of these bands are labeled jam bands - which is shame because their music is far far far superior to anything U2 produces - especially in a live setting. U2's music is garbage these days. That's it.

:corn:

Great first post whatev06. :up: Are you sure you are a U2 fan?

Last edited:
I've wondered what happens to a Bono-basher when they joining this site.

I'll stick around to see what happens :corn:

whatev06 said:
"How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb" is one of the worst so-called rock albums of all time. U2 hasn't been good since the early 90's. Now the band is simply a bigger-than-life mega-marketing machine spearheaded by a lead singer with a God-complex. Surreal images of Bono appear on massive screeens in large stadiums while thousands listen to his incessant wailing on about his political mission - some even sing along to the musical putresence called "Beautiful Day" or "The Sweetest Thing". I've read headlines on U2-related websites titled "Bono's Prophetic Vox" and "Bono Waxes Prophetic". Who writes this crap? Is this guy really the Savior? Their latest piece of refuse album was just given a whole bunch of awards - despite the fact that it totally sucks. If U2 is the best at any one thing that's PRETENTIOUSNESS. Esquire just said that Edge was the best guitarist in the world and some ignorant publication called Bono the "most-inspired" artist. What? The entire U2 mantra is sickening and fraudulent. All of the best rock bands are underground bands that play shows before relatively small crowds - many of these bands are labeled jam bands - which is shame because their music is far far far superior to anything U2 produces - especially in a live setting. U2's music is garbage these days. That's it.

You are such a fool! If you wanted to have a go at U2 on a top U2 fans forum then you have gone about it the wrong way. Try and be a bit more subtle next time, bye bye!!!!

Sorry, I'll try never to bash the Messiah ever again.

Sorry to break it to you all, but U2 just isn't very good anymore. I wouldn't even call it rock music.

brendoman.com/kyle/2004/10/25/why_u2_sucks_in_2004
thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=11worst

whatev06 said:

Sorry to break it to you all, but U2 just isn't very good anymore. I wouldn't even call it rock music.

You're going about it the wrong way.

to get bashed on a U2 forum.. you need to say something controversial like.

"I really like Mercy, it's the greatest song ever'

Last edited:
I think it's really important that over the next few weeks this guy is allowed to post the exact same opinion over and over (probably word for word).

whatev06 said:

Not rock music?!?! :scream:

Whatev-er will we do???

:laugh:

Whateve06 you are being such an idiot! Why not go on a "hate U2" site, why come on here? You're not going to get much agreement, are you stupid or something??!:eyebrow:

whatev06 said:
...some even sing along to the musical putresence called "Beautiful Day" or "The Sweetest Thing".

Do they play The Sweetest Thing live on this tour? News to me.

...Who writes this crap? Is this guy really the Savior? "

He's obviously not. Who says he is?

...If U2 is the best at any one thing that's PRETENTIOUSNESS.

Teh funneh

...All of the best rock bands are underground bands that play shows before relatively small crowds - many of these bands are labeled jam bands - which is shame because their music is far far far superior to anything U2 produces - especially in a live setting.

That's a pretty big statement. Got any proof?

Folks, don't even bother responding. This dude's only trying to get a rise out of people here and will most likely be gone by the end of the day. See you in 'Inside Broadcast." :wave:

Bono: Maybe I'll my name to "Beautiful Voice" next week and then like add a couple bonus songs to an old album - or better yet - I'll rearrange songs from some old albums and put them on one disc, give it a new name and charge you all $22.00 for it (after all it will come in a really cool package).

Then I'll charge you for the right to post to certain MESSAGE BOARDS!

Then I'll make about $200 million next and then go on wailing abou the crisis of humanity, while I wear sunglasses, clothes and jewelry that cost more than your car.

whatev06 said:
brendoman.com/kyle/2004/10/25/why_u2_sucks_in_2004
thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=11worst

Why did you post these links? They're just internet geeks looking for attention (One's a blog, and one's by some unfunny guy out of good ideas)

Edit: whatev06, you've run out of things to say, now you sound like a retard. **** off.

Last edited:
whatev06 said:
Bono: Maybe I'll my name to "Beautiful Voice" next week and then like add a couple bonus songs to an old album - or better yet - I'll rearrange songs from some old albums and put them on one disc, give it a new name and charge you all $22.00 for it (after all it will come in a really cool package).

Then I'll charge you for the right to post to certain MESSAGE BOARDS!

Then I'll make about $200 million next and then go on wailing abou the crisis of humanity, while I wear sunglasses, clothes and jewelry that cost more than your car.

This reminds me of what Mark Chapman said after he shot John Lennon.

Re: Re: U2 Is What Is Wrong

* MoFo * said:

Do they play The Sweetest Thing live on this tour? News to me.

He's obviously not. Who says he is?

Teh funneh

That's a pretty big statement. Got any proof?

Well music is considered subjective so I can't prove anything about why certain bands are better than others. You just have to listen to some real high quality stuff for yourself. Why don't you buy some Umphrey's McGee CDs or go see a show? Go listen to some Tool. Anything but that mush that U2 is putting out. As a matter of fact Umphrey's is putting out a CD at the beginning of April called Safety in Numbers which should be quite excellent. Listen to that 3 or four times and you will know what I am talking about.

Bono and the Edge die in a car wreck and ascend into heaven. While standing before God, God tells them each they have the opportunity to make one wish. The Edge thinks for a minute, then says "I wish for a world that is free of violence, hunger and poverty." God then looks to Bono who says "Hey... you're in my seat."

whatev06 said:

C'mon. Now HTDAAB didn't suck that much. You're over-exagerrating for effect. If you think thats the worst rock album of all time then I guess you don't listen to much music. As for OTHER mags and people calling Edge or Bono the greatest "something," it is not their fault. If I said whatev06 is the most handsome man in the world or he's darn smart with a great personality... would/ should he/she go out of his way to deny it and profess that he is not handsome or does not posess a great personality to every person he/ she meets? Nope.

The rest is just your subjective "indie snob" taste.

whatev06 said:
Bono and the Edge die in a car wreck and ascend into heaven. While standing before God, God tells them each they have the opportunity to make one wish. The Edge thinks for a minute, then says "I wish for a world that is free of violence, hunger and poverty." God then looks to Bono who says "Hey... you're in my seat."

WOW a comedian also!!! Your a triple threat!!!!

You ever wonder why these "Jam Bands" play to small audiences and most of us never heard them? Because they probably suck so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom