U2 is EVIL and SATAN is their Master!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Disciple said:
As a follower of Christ, it's jackasses like this that keep me out of churches...

Do jackasses like that keep you from going to work? Probably not. But if most people who worked at your work were jackasses, you'd probably find a new job.

So, if the church you were attending was full of jackasses like that, find a new church. No reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

80sU2isBest said:

Do jackasses like that keep you from going to work? Probably not. But if most people who worked at your work were jackasses, you'd probably find a new job.

So, if the church you were attending was full of jackasses like that, find a new church. No reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

:up: Good point. I'm lucky enough to have found a church down the road from my university that I feel comfortable at. If it weren't for that 12 pm mass, I'd probably not be going at all.

indra said:
What a hilarious quote, BAW! I couldn't help but laugh out loud...it really is amazing how terrified Americans (US ones at least) are of sex. Intolerance and hate are considered family values, but sex...ack!!!

Good grief, here we go again with the America-bashing. How you managed to bring that into this conversation is beyond me.

It's hilarious that you accuse Americans of having intolerance and hate as "family values" at the same time that you say something hateful and intolerant.

All of the songs mentioned are written from a particular perspective, such as "Wake Up Dead Man", which represents the struggles of a disenfranchised Christian. The suggestion that these song lyrics represent the band member’s personal convictions is ridiculous. Does artistic credibility mean anything to the pastor? I am disturbed by two things here. First, the systematic denunciation of all opposing value systems merely for their existence. Second, the inability of reason and tolerance to enter fundamentalist ideologies.

GibsonGirl said:
If anything, U2 make me believe in God even more.

I agree with this statement 100 percent.

My dream conversation with Bono would be about his sense of faith, the Bible, and other aspects of spirituality. Plus, Bono is doing the Lord's work with all of his efforts to help Africa with drop the debt, AIDS, and now the Edun clothing line with Ali.

Then, there was the time Edge asked someone in Christian music circles if he could honor God by being the best musician he could be. Obviously, it was important to Edge that he please God.

Some people...:mad:...

that was teh stragnest, funniest scariest and weirdest thing i've ever seen.

ironic really that a church i've attended ends each service (8 per weekend) with Beautiful Day as everyone leaves!

if only they knew what these guys do :lol:

80sU2isBest said:

No reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Great! NOW you tell me.

Excuse me... I have to go look for a baby.

:wink:

As for the footage... well, everyone is entitled to his/her views. However, it's clear it's not researched very well and would never stand up to serious peer review. The author has made a stance and altered or selectively chosen items to back up that stance. He should let the research fall where it is and then come to the conclusion, not the reverse. For example, would a demonic rock singer resist the wild life and stay married for 20+ years? Would a satanist singer resist the opportunity to make even more $$ by crusading around the world to help an entire continent of people? If so, I guess satan has a new agenda - generosity, loyalty, kindness. Where does that leave God? Hmmm... ;)

Back
Top Bottom