U2 is doing much better in VH1!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think the voting can be traced back to this site. Now, if we were discussing this on the U2 fan site up for an award, that would be different.
wink.gif

I feel for the fans of other bands. However, when I voted, I have to wonder... That is, I fully understand favoritism or bias playing a role in some categories (favorite band, for example) but U2 is infinitely better than Bon Jovi in concert. When I voted, I did not pick U2 straight across - *gasp*! But if this is the mentality of other fans, then I guess we have no choice...

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 11-20-2001).]

Well, they caught us
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by mug222 (edited 11-19-2001).]

Cool beans!

------------------
And I have no religion
And I don't know what's what

the link is hidden now ... check my other post for details, i hope people can understand it
wink.gif

.kevM - Vote U2
------------
icon18.gif
icon19.gif
icon17.gif
icon20.gif

CONGRATS TO KevM! WOW this was a surprised. I remember posting yesterday and you saying you were not sure if it would work. I come home today and BOOM! Congrats again.
Thats good you hid the link. Be prepared though to bring it out again in case we fall behind. I wonder what people at VH1 will think. Perhaps they are not really concerned about who wins, but just that as many people watch the show as possible. Its not as if Dave and Bon Jovi fans have not voted multiple times. In two weeks, we could be bringing 6 awards home for U2. They will be in Miami that night.
Everyone KEEP VOTING though. The regular way of course. Do not slack off. Dave and Bon Jovi fans will probably try and come back.

Good job youse guys
smile.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

You want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head

I noticed that the leader in all the catagories that U2 are not in have changed as well. Did you guys vote in every catagory? I went to that Bon Jovi site and its really funny. They think U2 Station are the reason their behind. They also think its because of someone on that site from USC who is using multiple computers in a internet station on campus. They really have no idea.
Another interesting fact about this site is that there are over 5,000 people registered there! I think we only have 200-400. Also, many if not most of them are from Europe!

cool ya all

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

[This message has been edited by shaun vox (edited 11-18-2001).]

Originally posted by STING2:
I noticed that the leader in all the catagories that U2 are not in have changed as well. Did you guys vote in every catagory?

Ya for some reason I like Moby and Gwen Stefani.

So I'm quite sure it was me and not someone from u2 station hehe

.kevM - Vote U2
------------
icon18.gif
icon19.gif
icon17.gif
icon20.gif

WHOOOOOO HOOOOOO! THIS IS F'ING AWESOME!
Good job! I am so happy U2 in the lead!
biggrin.gif

This is where they belong!;D
thanks kevM

I think something is up with Vh1. All afternoon I have be entertained by the efforts of the bonjovi fans and at the same time keeping up with the stats at VH1 - but within the last couples of hrs I would go check the stats only to think that they havent moved at all... (I wish they would tally the points on the page)

I really havent voted since my last post or so and I know that those jovi fans have been attacking the site in the last hrs yet I find it odd that they havent made a single percentage jump in either category since then...

So I'm wondering if vh1 has froze the poll or is it that everybody here is still voting????

Originally posted by Calvin N. Hobbes:
I think something is up with Vh1. All afternoon I have be entertained by the efforts of the bonjovi fans and at the same time keeping up with the stats at VH1 - but within the last couples of hrs I would go check the stats only to think that they havent moved at all... (I wish they would tally the points on the page)

I really havent voted since my last post or so and I know that those jovi fans have been attacking the site in the last hrs yet I find it odd that they havent made a single percentage jump in either category since then...

So I'm wondering if vh1 has froze the poll or is it that everybody here is still voting????

Well ... when i started voting it took about 1000+ votes to change the poll by 1% of corse now there are meny more votes so it will take more than 1000 votes to change it by 1%. the bj fans are signing up for email accounts and then voting clearning cookies etc if there are 5 or 6 of em going at it, it still would take a few hours for them to change anything and if people are still voting for U2 i'd say its hopeless for them. Especially if they decide they need to use a differnt ip each time

.kevM - Vote U2
------------
icon18.gif
icon19.gif
icon17.gif
icon20.gif

OMG! I just got back and ... YAY U2 is now wining every catagory!
biggrin.gif
YAY US!

OMG LOL @ the Bono Jovi fans!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
I know someday you'll have a beautiful life.
I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
but why, why, why can't it be, oh, can't it be mine?

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

REACTIONS FROM BON JOVI FANS! LOL

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Subject: I AM GOING CRAZY!!

Author: sammy7373

Date: 11/18/01 08:59 PM
I want to put Bon Jovi back in the lead soooo bad but I can't figure out how to vote more than once! Does anyone know how to so we can get Bon Jovi back up there and ahead of U2? Please tell me how.
Thanks,
Sam

---------------------------------------------

Subject: RE: I AM GOING CRAZY!!

Author: krismarie12

Date: 11/18/01 09:43 PM
You can change your user name, by logging in.

---------------------------------------------Subject: what happened?

Author: roulette2004

Date: 11/18/01 10:31 PM
yesterday I voted and U2 only had about 20% of the votes and now they are in the lead? something isn't right.
---------------------------------------------

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Well, I honestly don't think it's right to vote more than once so I voted and yes, I am happy they are leading but I wonder how true this victory will be with the multiple voting...hmmm...

------------------
"Midnight is where the day begins..."

Originally posted by raincloud:

Well, I honestly don't think it's right to vote more than once so I voted and yes, I am happy they are leading but I wonder how true this victory will be with the multiple voting...hmmm...

They started it ... without us voting a few extra times there is no why U2 could win.

.kevM - Vote U2
------------
icon18.gif
icon19.gif
icon17.gif
icon20.gif

Oh-Oh Look at what we've have done:

Reactions of U2 all of sudden in the lead, from general Fans:

----------------------------------

Subject: Can you say "FIXED"?

Author: krismarie12

Date: 11/18/01 09:38 PM
How did U2 all of a sudden take a huge leap over Bon Jovi and DMB in Favorite Group and Hottest Show? I'm beginning to think that these awards ARE fixed and that the fans votes DO NOT count. I think U2 is leading because of all the promotion that they are receiving this week. NOT FAIR. Keep the voting to the fans.

------------------------------------------

Subject: RE: Can you say "FIXED"?

Author: megapeg16

Date: 11/18/01 10:58 PM
No kidding, I just checked this morning and DMB was down by no more than 4% in all categories and all of sudden in less than a day U2 is up almost 20% in some cases......
I like U2, don't get me wrong. I do think something is wrong with the voting system though because that is just too high of a jump, and in every single category U2 is in they took the lead today, in LESS than one day......

This voting system is messed up.

-------------------------------------------

Subject: to vh1

Author: ticoticotico

Date: 11/19/01 04:01 AM
i hate you for all being u2 suckers im a bon jovi fan but would rather see db win than overhyped overrated critic loved u2 thanx
your faithfully tico
--------------------------------------------

*Note: We have pissed off the Bon Jovi Fans!
biggrin.gif

Another post from the same guy above to VH1:

Subject: vh1 sucks!!!!

Date: 11/19/01 03:52 AM
fuck you vh1 you bunch of u2 sucking twats how could u2 be in the lead in group and live act i havnt even checked website vh1 cant stand seeing bon jovi winnin anything its a scam and you all know it u2 are overhyped trash

icon28.gif
@ that comment above!!

Damn him! Bon Jovi fans are blaming VH1 for U2 all of a sudden GAIN!
biggrin.gif
OMG!

The same guy posted this on the U2 section LOL

-------------------------------------------

Subject: vh1

Date: 11/19/01 04:04 AM
i am amazed you guys cant see that this is a fix and always will be vh1 cant stand seein bands like bon jovi winnin cos u2 are okay but overhyped im sickend by them!
------------------------------------------

LMAO!

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

[This message has been edited by SweetOnU2 (edited 11-19-2001).]

I find it very amusing that the BJ fans are getting mad because they think someone is cheating. This after they are cheating to get BJ to where they were at?? Can you say hypocrisy??!!!

ROTFLMFAO @ the bj fans.

*bows down*
You lot rock
smile.gif

*Goes off to vote some more*

OH DAMN! THEY KNOW!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

LMAO, what do you think will happen next?
biggrin.gif

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Maybe we should like, close this thread down! LOL They are e-mailing VH1 with the links to the board! LMAO! We might just gotten U2 DQ!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

From BJ Fans:
We need to see what VH1 say to all this now.
E-mail them telling them what happened and give them the links provided at the start of the thread. This will get their attention, and get our boys their awards!!

LMAO!!

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I can't believe that they are calling us cheaters!!!! Hell, we're ALL cheaters! Anyone who voted more than once cheated! (BTW, I did not cheat.) I feel sorry for any moron who spent more than five minutes a day at that website. We should all be out curing cancer or inventing a better lightbulb. Instead folks waste their lives away voting for artists who don't care about these things anyway! Web based voting is an idiot way to do an awards show anyway! Vh1 is foolish if they think this is a good way to do a voting system and that it has any chance of working! For all we know someone like Madonna had the most legitimate votes. Jeez people it's just a crappy awards show. It's not like it even matters!!!

Didn't all this start because we were being shut out by DMB and BJ fans cheating? What's the difference??
confused.gif
I hope some of us turned THEM into VH-1!!
mad.gif

------------------
U2- The Unforgettable Fire still burns!

What the Bon Jovi fans are saying is a Joke! They accuse us of cheating, yet cheating is the only reason they pulled ahead in the first place. Some how they think if they create a new e-mail and vote, that its not cheating. Oh well, a few of them take it a little to personal I think. VH1 should just do this by album sales and Ticket sales/Gross. We know who would win then.
Not sure what VH1 will do now. They are not showing the percentages anymore. Its anyones guess what they will do as far as who voted and how many times they voted. They might do nothing. If they want an accurate awards show, then need to use ballots like the American Music awards and limit the number of Ballots. Basically mail one ballot to each of the selected voters.
All that will happen now is that more people will continue to vote either by deleting their cookies or by making up or getting E-mail addresses. So its anyones guess who will come out on top now. They should have done this from the beginning.

ut-oh, I just got an email from VH1:

Hey U2 Fan!

Great news! U2 is up for six awards in the the My VH1 Music Awards '01: My Favorite Group, Hottest Live Show, Damn I Wish I Wrote That for "The Space Between", My Favorite Video for "Beautiful Day", Must Have Album for All That You Can Leave Behind and Coolest Fan Website for U2 Station.

All winners in the My VH1 Music Awards '01 are selected by the fans and U2 need your help to win.

SO GO TO VH1.com and CAST YOUR VOTE FOR U2 NOW!!!

Don't forget to watch the show LIVE from the Shrine Auditorium on December 2, at 9/8c on VH1.

From,
Your friends @VH1.com

Well, isn't it nice of them to invite me again.

I do not want to see u2 win any awards by cheating!!If the other bands that are nominate win awards because fans voted multiple time fine!!Just because they cheat doesn;t mean we should.Gimme a break its an awards show(a popularity contest really!!)There are more important things to worry about!!Enough said: ok ok flame me now I am waiting!!

Back
Top Bottom