U2 is back in the studio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LyricalDrug

Rock n' Roll Doggie
A little bird (well, a friend from Dublin) told me that U2 is back in the studio, harnessing the energy from their second leg of the tour, and recording new songs. Sounds as though another "Zooropa"-type album, recorded during a tour, may be in the works?

:)

I just hope Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois are involved...

:drool:

...and Bono's been in St.Tropez wearing a lovely green shirt. (pics in Pleba)

that still leave's larry unaccounted for.

which OBVIOUSLY means he's recording all by himself, on behalf of u2.

It has been about 25 days since the last show.
I wouldn't totally rule it out, but also I wouldn't rule out them being in the studio to track the All Because of You single, the acoustic version of A Man and a Woman, a possible American OOTS single or whatever else.

The fact that a 4th leg hasn't been added just yet leaves the door open for a quick EP like release. Probably not a great chance it would happen but we can dream.

I'm still holding out for Larry's solo album.

Not as unlikely as you'd think. I mean, he could put Put 'Em Under Pressure on there. He could redo some more TV theme songs, maybe Brady Bunch, Sesame Street etc. And he could fill in the rest with Irish drinking songs.

Meghan said:
I'm still holding out for Larry's solo album.

He could redo some more TV theme songs, maybe Brady Bunch, Sesame Street etc. And he could fill in the rest with Irish drinking songs.

:ohmy: :lol: :ohmy: :lol:

Please Larry, gimme a "Little house on the praire (mofo-industrial-goa-trance-lounge-fatboyslim-remix)"

Maybe they are all recording seperate, to make people think there is no album, then all the sessions will be mixed into new songs. Not gonna happen put would be cool if Bono didn't tell anyone the the songs, and the edge and adam, made random guitar and bass that sounded wrong, but maybe right. On second thought maybe a new album will do.

If Coldplay is gonna record another album to be released next year, then U2 has to step up to the plate and deliver... just my opinion.

With ythe Coldplay thing i think U2 should start recording when the Coldplay album comes out, to see the competition and just beat it, but Coldplays last one sucked, so quick one will suck more.

honestly...do YOU even want that, irishteen?

what's with all these pathetic "competitions"? it's music! this isn't football.

Zooropa man said:
If Coldplay is gonna record another album to be released next year, then U2 has to step up to the plate and deliver... just my opinion.

U2 has absolutely nothing to worry about when it comes to Coldplay. Recording an album only to "keep pace" with Coldplay or any other band for that matter is ridiculous. U2 doesn't need to remain in the public eye to remain relevent the way Coldplay does. U2 could wait 8 years before the next album and it'd be just as good and just as relevent. I don't want U2 doing anything just becasue some band like Coldplay is doing somthing. It's not a compitition and if they start making albums with that as their motivation then they are gonna start to become a "crap band"

cybersyd said:

Please Larry, gimme a "Little house on the praire (mofo-industrial-goa-trance-lounge-fatboyslim-remix)"

:rockon:

:laugh:

Who gives a fuck what Coldplay are doing? Last time I checked they're not U2...they just wish they were.

I think U2 ought to record that new groundbreaking album that includes Mercy. That album rocks a lot, or it will when it exists.

I want to see Coldplay (and other bands) remain successful.:up: It gives me something else to listen to while U2 are in the studio getting their new album together.:wink:

Keep on rocking in the free world...:yes: :rockon:

I've been thinking that this might happen for the last few weeks.
It would explain the silence. They might actually do it and tour next year just like they did with Zooropa.
I give it about a 50/50 chance.
I hope it's true!

Wow.
When did everyone on this site become Coldophobes?
You sound like my dumbass jock friends talking about gay people.
Everyone gets all up in arms at the mere mention of Coldplay.
Relax.
No one is going to make you listen to them if you don't want to.
And let me remind you, every Betales and Stones fan used to laugh and make fun of anyone that liked U2.
Throughout the late 80's and 90's fans of those bands laughed at the mere thought of U2 having any staying power.
Don't be that guy.

Iskra said:
Wow.
When did everyone on this site become Coldophobes?
You sound like my dumbass jock friends talking about gay people.
Everyone gets all up in arms at the mere mention of Coldplay.
Relax.
No one is going to make you listen to them if you don't want to.
And let me remind you, every Betales and Stones fan used to laugh and make fun of anyone that liked U2.
Throughout the late 80's and 90's fans of those bands laughed at the mere thought of U2 having any staying power.
Don't be that guy.

Well in this thread inpaticular it was the context in which Coldplay were mentioned that seems to have bothered people. It was suggested that U2 head into the studio right away just to make sure they get an album out around the same time as Coldplay's new album as to not lose any momentum to them. Obviously I can only speak for myself, I have nothing against Coldplay but when people start talking about how U2 needs to "compete" with Coldplay and how they need to remain in the public eye as to not get pushed aside so to speak by Coldplay, it makes me shake my head because that's not what music is about. If that were the case maybe U2 should make sure their next album doesn't quite coinside with a new Greenday album. It sounds ridiculous I know, but that's why people here say who gives a rats ass what Coldplay do because it has no relevance and shouldn't have any relvance to what U2 does.

Last edited:
Paul McG has made it very clear (recently on Dutch TV) that they are in the business of being the No#1 band in the World.

Anyone interested it taking that title has has to wrestle U2 for it. they must view Coldplay as a contender and will fight them for the crown. Doesn't mean they can't be friednly at the same time...Coldplay are big U2 fans anyway.

btw Beatles and Stones didn't actually compete with each other, they split up the market, planned release dates not to coincide, even realesed each others songs! (once IIRC) Their managers were shrewd businessmen like PmcG. Nothing wrong with that.

btw2 Beatles have blasted U2 in the past (through George IIRC) but Paul Mccartney clearly kissed and made up (for the sake of live8)

Interference is so damn strange. HTDAAB threads end up as Pop threads, and U2 in general threads end up as Coldplay threads. Will it never end?

Anyway, I have my doubts on U2 being back in the studio (as well as the possibility of a new album ala Zooropa), but it would be cool if they were.

was this little birdie perhaps the edge's cousin? :hmm:

and second... don't we have enough coldplay bitching threads? do we really need to turn every single damn thread into one? bono did not invent the falsetto, u2 did not invent the video and bono doesn't even play the friggin piano... GET OVER IT!!!

third... aren't they in the process of tearing u2's studio down so they can build the new skyscraper? bogus.

i just saw coldplay at msg on wednesday night, and i was blown away. i had no idea what to expect, and i whatever i had imagined was surpassed. chris martin had a great stage presence, and they were pumped, because it was the first (well, my show was the second show) time playing at msg. yeah, there were little u2ish things about the video screen and all that, but it was a great show. now, what is this 'chronicles' thing that atu2 has on its main page? could that be the zooropa type album we are talking about? that would be awesome if they came out with an album in november/december, cuz that means NEW SONGS on the third leg!!!

Back
Top Bottom