U2 iPods on the Apple refurb store

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neutral

genius of compression, Forum Moderator
forty miles from atlanta, this is nowhere
I know I've seen a few people around here still wanting one of the U2 iPods. There are some listed on the Apple refurb store this morning, for $219.00. I've bought almost every Apple product I own from the refurb store and never had a problem. It comes with a 1 year warranty and you can buy an extended one for $59.

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APP...pVcO9X/2.0.0.19.1.0.8.7.3.5.1.1.7.1.5.1.1.5.0
If that link dies (I think refurb store links are timed), go to the refurb store and scroll down to the "Apple Certified Refurbished iPod with Click Wheel" section.

I just ordered one, yay my first iPod. :hyper:

Nice! That's a pretty decent price. I got mine last June---about two or three weeks before they came out with the color U2 iPod (which only lasted about three weeks for some reason). I've seen the color U2 ipods being resold on Amazon for over $500! :ohmy: Probably more as a collector's item than anything else.

Good find, Neutral! You'll be happy. :)

Way to go! :up: I bought my colour U2 iPod in October. It was about $400, but that's Canadian funds. I didn't particularly care about the price, but it would have been nicer to have it for a few hundred less. Good find! Enjoy. :)

Zooropean103 said:
Hmm, but can I still buy it with all officially released U2 songs? Even if in my country i-tunes aren't available?

The U2 iPod doesn't come with any songs on it (it really should have, but alas--I'm not the one making the decisions!). You get a $50 gift certificate to be used on the $150 Complete U2 set on iTunes. If you can't access iTunes, you can't get the Complete U2 set (unless other folks email you the songs....).

Can you not use itunes.com in any country? Or are there legal issues, etc.?

The refurbs may not come with the $50 gift certificate , in fact I doubt they will. I'll know for sure Monday. :drool:

And you can only buy songs from an iTunes store from your own country, yeah legal issues I guess.

You can't buy form the apple store without a billing address in one of the countries where the store is supported. I am from Mexico, so I don't have access to the store officially, however I managed to buy from the store because I have credit cards with a valid US address.

Man I want one bad but I have a phobia of buying anything that isn't new...plus I don't have $400 anyone want to chip in and help me

phanan said:
I'm debating whether to get a refurbished one from Apple or a slightly used one off of eBay for even cheaper...

:hmm:

I would get the refubrished one, it will look like it is new, plus you will have a full year warranty. In my opionion, it is a lot better deal.

Utoo said:

Good point!

My iPod just arrived and it does include the $50 off coupon and the poster. :happy:
grumpyhyper.gif
:happy:

neutral said:

My iPod just arrived and it does include the $50 off coupon and the poster. :happy:
grumpyhyper.gif
:happy:

Wow---that's kick-ass!!!! Congrats!!!!

Of course, you're neutral & you have thirty times what's in the catalog anyway.....:wink:

neutral: this is so great! it made my elated heart leap.
i was wondering if you know how long this deal with last. i mean, how many U2 iPods do they have for sale? they dont' really say. i don't have the money right now, but when summer rolls around in a few months, do you think i will still be able to get one?

since you already received it, what's the condiditon? are there like, visible scratches and stuff? actually...i guess i don't mind that much cuz i know i'm going to scratch mine up anyway. hahah.
thanks neutral!<3

This is definately a sweet deal, I may have to place an order :hmm:

I'm wondering though--did you receive a new battery or is it also used? I'm not sure how expensive they are if at all but I'm just curious if it'd arrive fully juiced.

Normally the refubrished iPods' front and back is replaced by new parts, so they should look just like new iPods.

tuwie said:
neutral: this is so great! it made my elated heart leap.
i was wondering if you know how long this deal with last. i mean, how many U2 iPods do they have for sale? they dont' really say. i don't have the money right now, but when summer rolls around in a few months, do you think i will still be able to get one?

Yeah they never list the quantity on the refurb store, it's really hard to know. Some stuff stays there for months, sometimes they go really fast. :(
tuwie said:

since you already received it, what's the condiditon? are there like, visible scratches and stuff? actually...i guess i don't mind that much cuz i know i'm going to scratch mine up anyway. hahah.
thanks neutral!<3

It looks new to me, no scratches. :)

Achtung_Bebe said:
This is definately a sweet deal, I may have to place an order :hmm:

I'm wondering though--did you receive a new battery or is it also used? I'm not sure how expensive they are if at all but I'm just curious if it'd arrive fully juiced.

I'm not sure, to be honest. But the battery would is covered under the warranty if there are problems with it.

Be sure to get a nice case with it, or buy invisible shield. My u2 iPôd was scracthed like hell because I dind't have a case or shield. But I am not repeating the same mistakes twice with my new 5G.

Cask said:
Be sure to get a nice case with it, or buy invisible shield. My u2 iPôd was scracthed like hell because I dind't have a case or shield. But I am not repeating the same mistakes twice with my new 5G.

Yup already got a clear Belkin "sports jacket" case, I know it wouldn't take me long to scratch it up. :reject:

Back
Top Bottom