U2 IPod Photo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
So, I'm 'considering' upgrading my IPod(I currently have a white 10GB G3 IPod purchased in November 2003)...My interest is on the U2 20GB IPod Photo. It's price is ridiculous. It's nearly the highest I've seen for an IPod...$329.99. So, the question is, does anyone know of anywhere where I could find it for significantly cheaper? Like maybe $200? I'm not holding my breath here, I'm just curious.

Oh, and sorry if this is the wrong forum.

yeah i feel sorry for the suckers who bought the original u2 ipod

damnit, you edited your post

Chizip said:
yeah i feel sorry for the suckers who bought the original u2 ipod

:grumpy:

I feel sorry too. If I had have known there was a colour one coming out a mere few months after I bought mine, I would have waited a little while!

I just think $320 for a 20GB player is outrageous. I would be willing to pay $200. There's got to be a way.

GibsonGirl said:

:grumpy:

I feel sorry too. If I had have known there was a colour one coming out a mere few months after I bought mine, I would have waited a little while!

I dunno... Doesn't the color one eat up battery life faster?

Utoo said:

I dunno... Doesn't the color one eat up battery life faster?

No, in fact, they've made improvements to the battery life since the 'original U2 iPod' came out. The battery life has been upped from 12 to 15 hours!

So let's recap:

U2 iPod improvement:
1.) Color screen
2.) Photo capabilities
3.) Longer battery life
4.) $20 cheaper

If you were holding out before, now's the time to get it. I unforunately, bought a U2 iPod one month before they revamped it so to get the new one, I had to sell it for a loss. Apple is awful with returns.

Y2K said:

No, in fact, they've made improvements to the battery life since the 'original U2 iPod' came out. The battery life has been upped from 12 to 15 hours!

So let's recap:

U2 iPod improvement:
1.) Color screen
2.) Photo capabilities
3.) Longer battery life
4.) $20 cheaper

Awesome. They upgraded it about a week after I got mine. But I can't complain, as I got it for a present from my wedding registry..:wink:

Y2K said:

So let's recap:

U2 iPod improvement:
1.) Color screen
2.) Photo capabilities
3.) Longer battery life
4.) $20 cheaper

Great, i was planning to buy it.

Last edited:
All I can say is, I love my color U2 iPod! And the U2 version isn't that much more than the regular version (plus, it has cool colors).

But if you don't care about the U2 version, then get the Harry Potter version. ;-) There is one, actually (I assume the same price as the U2 version). However, you can save $$ not getting the U2 one. But a regular 20 GB is still near $300.

So I would try eBay. You may luck out and get one for a lot cheaper. Or don't buy the color version. After all, most people just want an iPod for the music. Older non-color iPods are probably a lot cheaper on eBay.

doctorwho said:
All I can say is, I love my color U2 iPod! And the U2 version isn't that much more than the regular version (plus, it has cool colors).

But if you don't care about the U2 version, then get the Harry Potter version. ;-) There is one, actually (I assume the same price as the U2 version). However, you can save $$ not getting the U2 one. But a regular 20 GB is still near $300.

So I would try eBay. You may luck out and get one for a lot cheaper. Or don't buy the color version. After all, most people just want an iPod for the music. Older non-color iPods are probably a lot cheaper on eBay.

I have a regular white non-color 10GB IPod purchased in 2003. However, I am always told the battery will die permanently sooner or later, and it seems that point may be growing nearer. Also, I find myself wanting more than 10GB with increasing frequency. So, I figure if I get a new IPod, I might as well make it the U2 one because I like the colors and it's U2, and I do love the idea of having the album art right in front of me on the IPod - adds to the feel of the music sometimes. On EBay, there's a U2 IPod Color going for $225...but it's an auction and there's a day and a half left on it so it could go up.

The Harry Potter one actually costs $548----it's $299, plus you're REQUIRED to buy the $249 HP audiobook collection in order to get it--you can't buy the Harry iPod separately.

i got the new one last week. i nearly got the u2 one as soon as it came out. glad the wait paid off. ive got to find a nice skin so i dont ruin it. maybe after x mas they might go down. but i know they always sell out in my area.

namkcuR said:

I need WAY more than the 4GB max it has.

Yeah, I don't understand why they made the iPod nano's smaller than the mini's in terms of song capacity.

Not to mention the huge discrepancy there is between models.

Shuffle- 512 MB, 1 GB
nano- 2 GB, 4 GB
iPod/U2- 20 GB
iPod- 60 GB

icon29.gif

mucho traffico said:
i got the new one last week. i nearly got the u2 one as soon as it came out. glad the wait paid off. ive got to find a nice skin so i dont ruin it. maybe after x mas they might go down. but i know they always sell out in my area.

The best one I found for the U2 iPod is the Contour Showcase----it's a sturdy, clear case so you can see the front. It even has a window on the back so you can see most of the signatures. And it opens like a door, so it doesn't scratch the black, like the ones with the plastic windows do. If you search a while back, there were a few discussions about it & I think I may have posted a link for it in the past. Or you can just google it---I think I got mine from either buy.com or amazon.

namkcuR said:

I have a regular white non-color 10GB IPod purchased in 2003. However, I am always told the battery will die permanently sooner or later, and it seems that point may be growing nearer. Also, I find myself wanting more than 10GB with increasing frequency. So, I figure if I get a new IPod, I might as well make it the U2 one because I like the colors and it's U2, and I do love the idea of having the album art right in front of me on the IPod - adds to the feel of the music sometimes. On EBay, there's a U2 IPod Color going for $225...but it's an auction and there's a day and a half left on it so it could go up.

Namkcur I'm in the same dilemma, I have the exact same iPod and got it Christmas 03 and my battery life is already down to almost 3 hours...

I'd get a U2 iPod, but I don't have the money right now, hopefully I'll wait til Christmas, or a week after, and Apple will have some wicked new U2 iPod, or upgrade to screw me over like 2 years ago

Utoo said:

The best one I found for the U2 iPod is the Contour Showcase----it's a sturdy, clear case so you can see the front. It even has a window on the back so you can see most of the signatures. And it opens like a door, so it doesn't scratch the black, like the ones with the plastic windows do. If you search a while back, there were a few discussions about it & I think I may have posted a link for it in the past. Or you can just google it---I think I got mine from either buy.com or amazon.
thanks ill look around

I am about to cry. I have a brand new 4G Black Nano Ipod.....colour...still in the box....never opened.

I just found out today that the U2 colour 20GB ipod is now out of production. My plan was to take my 4G Nano to the store and get a credit to buy the U2 ipod. The u2 ipod is now sold out.

Now I'm up a creek without a paddle. Anyone with one to sell or trade? No....not GA tix....just Ipod for Ipod......wrapped an unused.

I found out in Canada that the price dropped to $299CDN the same price as an Ipod Nano.

:(

Clawgrabber said:
ebay... sell the nano and buy a u2 one....

or buy one of the new black ipods that can play videos.

But it won't be red and black and have the U2 signatures on the back...

Back
Top Bottom