U2 iPod out of production!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

victor_f

Refugee
Apple released a new model today, and U2 iPod is not listed at Apple website anymore.

ipod.jpg

Thanks for posting this. I just went and bought one through amazon before they run out too. I was intending to buy one after Christmas, but I guess they won't be around then :shrug:

Last edited:
got_edge said:

There are 3 to d/l in the new itunes 6 music store - OOTS, Vertigo and SYCMIOYO. $1.99 each i think.

New iPod looks amazing. More major spendage ahead methinks...

just saw the ad - towards the end i know the OOTS lyric is actually "come on now show your soul" but damn, does it sound like "sell your soul" hmmmm....
can bono say "freudian slip" :|

Last edited:
MrBrau1 said:
Did they take the $?

or are they using the Apple ad as promo for the DVD?

That, is the question.

i dunno, they took a lot of "sell out" grief for the vertigo ad from fans and non-fans alike regardless of the fact that they didn't take the cash.
i don't see how this would be any different

but the fact that it's chicago and the dvd is out soon, i reckon it's just another marketing ploy, probably no money involved cause everyone's a winner really

MrBrau1 said:
Did they take the $?

or are they using the Apple ad as promo for the DVD?

That, is the question.

Probably 2nd choice.

Let's see how much air play it will get on TV.

Also, will U2 release OOTS as a single? :hmm:

digsy said:

i dunno, they took a lot of "sell out" grief for the vertigo ad from fans and non-fans alike regardless of the fact that they didn't take the cash.
i don't see how this would be any different

but the fact that it's chicago and the dvd is out soon, i reckon it's just another marketing ploy, probably no money involved cause everyone's a winner really

If they took the money, then Springsteen's wonderful speech from the HOF ceremony is now all false.

"Smart, Wiley Irish Guys" means nothing.:mad:

digsy said:

Yeah. At the end of the day, this isn't going to do the DVD sales any harm at all. And they can still use the whole 'no money exchanged' line to due effect.

Now we got Adam Clayton's ATM PIN number we can check the statement to see if Apple is depositing cash on his account. :wink:

Alright well I'm going to sell my ipod, it's a 3rd gen 20 gig, but it's pretty much brand new. I'm going to buy either the new ipod with the video or the U2 ipod with the color display...

but which one do i get...

inmyplace13 said:
Alright well I'm going to sell my ipod, it's a 3rd gen 20 gig, but it's pretty much brand new. I'm going to buy either the new ipod with the video or the U2 ipod with the color display...

but which one do i get...

Simple. Which ever one holds more songs.

From what I understand of the original deal (filtered through relation in the biz), it was a package thing with Apple and iPod - Vertigo ad, this ad, any subsequent promo regarding their contract. No $$$ goes U2's way in any of those cases. It was strictly promotional.

love2bmama said:
god, hopefully they will come out with the u2 ipod w/video, that'd be great!

If they have no more u2 ipod at all I am NOT going to be happy.:( :drool:
The U2 iPod was a limited edition sort of thing. Pretty sure it's gone for good now. Which is good, 'cause the thing was a dog.

The only reason most people bought it was because it was a black iPod, and now there's a much better looking all-black one that doesn't cost $50 more than the white one.

Back
Top Bottom