U2 iPod out of production!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just gave my wife a one year's notice that come next Fall I'm ditching my U2 ipod (one year old in a month) for a video ipod and she remained pretty calm. :wink:

Roland of Gilead said:
I just gave my wife a one year's notice that come next Fall I'm ditching my U2 ipod (one year old in a month) for a video ipod and she remained pretty calm. :wink:

because she'll inherit your old one! :wink:

Cask said:

Actually I heard that the U2 iPod was a lot more successful than they initially thought it would be. Not only it attracted U2 fans, but it also attracted a lot of people that wanted an iPod with a diferent color, and many thought that the black of the U2 iPod looked awesome. That is why the U2 iPod went through a refresh, and probably why they made black iPod nanos and now also black full sized iPods.

Do you know the numbers by any chance?...I'd be curious to see how many of them they actually sold.

Bono is on the box of every new video iPod.

ilounge_copyright_ipod5G02.JPG

Just thought I'd share that.

pookybear said:
Bono is on the box of every new video iPod.

ilounge_copyright_ipod5G02.JPG

Just thought I'd share that.

Man. Steve Jobs totally knows the way to my heart...and my wallet.

I got a U2 iPod for Christmas last year...but those new iPods look soooo good... Apple totally owns my soul now.

wow, bono on the box, that's just amazing.

two people i know who bought u2 iPods said theirs died in 9 months. it jsut wouldn't turn on anymore. is anyone's U2 ipod still working and good, becuase if it doesn't last that long, i think i'll just go straight for the video ipod, although i really do want a U2 one before they discontinue it forever.

There's no difference between the U2 iPod and the regular iPod, except for the colors and the price tag, so I wouldn't attribute their iPods' deaths to it being the U2 Special Edition version.

Don't slam me, but I sold my 3 week old U2 ipod (didn't lose but 6 bucks) on Ebay. I should have my video one Friday.

Since, I have downloaded all u2 videos off itunes and have researched the net for "tweeks" to be able to put my video onto the ipod...in some other format..

So now, on my itunes, I have:

NYC brooklyn bridge: "Mystery Girl and Out of Control" videos off direct TV (THANKS MIROSLAVA) that I am in

Boston Elevation: stay/bad/streets :drool:

and various parts of Slane (select songs only).

I thought it was worth losing my lithographs for beautiful video!!!!
Just my opinion...

also the sleeker design, more gigs, etc. don't hurt either. :)

BTW: the OOTS video (Chicago-DVD) video is BEAUTIFUL

also: the streets video they have on itunes is longer than the one I remember from the 80s...haven't watched MTV in ages (other than jammed/making the video) .. It shows a LOT of footage before the video actually starts of them getting the shoot up and going....maybe 2-3 min of prep/police/etc. It wasn't in the original one. Interesting. And, damn, they are so freaking young. They have certainly aged quite well ;)

Sorry...one more thing: when I was going to buy my video ipod from amazon (went with apple instead...they had it in stock, shipped form Shanghai, though) they (Amazon) had u2 ipods for about 20-30 bucks cheaper than what I paid a month ago for mine. Check that out if you are wanting one of those. They may still be in stock- for a better price, too.

Last edited:
Got the video ipod today and it is totally awesome! I really made the right decision. I was starting to wonder after reading the posts about the u2 one (and selling mine to fund the new one). The videos look wonderful and the thought of being stressed at work and pulling this out to get a u2 fix (for ears AND eyes) is really appealing. I am getting Slane selections and Jammed on it as we speak. :)

I am about to cry. I have a brand new 4G Black Nano Ipod.....colour...still in the box....never opened.

I just found out today that the U2 colour 20GB ipod is now out of production. My plan was to take my 4G Nano to the store and get a credit to buy the U2 ipod. Of course...they are sold out of the U2 Ipod....last weekend.

Now I'm up a creek without a paddle. Anyone with one to sell or trade? No....not GA tix....just Ipod for Ipod......wrapped an unused.

I found out in Canada that the price dropped to $299CDN the same price as an Ipod Nano.
:(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom