U2 iPod Case

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zoodishbu

The Fly
This may not be the proper place to post this question, but does anyone know where you can find the limited edition black/red leather case for the U2 iPod? The Apple store does not carry them anymore and does not know if they will in the future.
I didn't know if someone knew where one might be available to purchase. Trying to help out a friend.

The Apple Store doesn't sell them anymore?? :der:

Are you sure?

My birthday was back in March. My boyfriend got me that case from the Apple Store, but he said that when he first went in there and asked an employee about a case specifically designed for the U2 iPod, the guy told him they had no such thing. I had been in that Apple Store previously, and I had seen a bunch of them though. My boyfriend was only able to get it because the next time we were at the mall together, I went in the Apple Store and was looking at it again, so he was able to see exactly what it was.

So, I'm wondering...did you actually go to the Apple Store, or did somebody just tell you this information over the phone or something? Because...as you can see...they don't always know their stuff. I mean, I realize that was awhile ago, and they could very well not carry them anymore...but I would go and see it for myself, to make sure.

FYI, I just called the Apple Store nearest to me (where I got mine from) to ask if they had any, and the guy said they do.

I called Apple direct and asked and they didn't have any. They guy stated they had them last week and now he's not sure if they will get them back. I even tried to click on the link directly on Apple to buy one and it takes you to the accessories page. Maybe I'm being dork loser but...that's why I called them. I don't live anywhere near where there is an actual Apple store...so I was trying to find some way to get one.
Was the dude at Apple pulling my chain? :scratch:

Don't bother with the Apple case. Get the Contour Showcase. It's great for the U2 iPod because it's got a clear plastic front so you can see the whole design perfectly. It's got black sides (if you order the black one) that blend right into the black of the iPod, and it even has a clear window on the back so that you can see most of the autographs. I've had it for a few months & it's great---really sturdy & because it opens up like a door, it doesn't scratch the iPod at all (ones with flimsy, sticky plastic that you slide the iPod into can scratch the front and back--and the U2 iPod is terribly susceptible to scratching). It also doesn't add much to the size of the iPod, which is nice. You can buy the Showcase on Amazon.

Sorry to sound like a commercial--I've just been very pleased with it! :wink:

Wahoo U2 iPod!!! :rockon:

I called the Apple Store in Novi, Michigan, and the guy said they had some in the store. If you can't find one anywhere else, mayhaps they could do a credit card order over the phone and ship it to you.

this is the case I have

ipod5.jpg

I ordered mine from Apple's online store. There are 4 Apple stores within about 20 minutes from me. They had the cases when I bought my iPod at the end of April but I was told to wait on a case because it was during my birthday and that I just might be getting more gift cards after I was buying my iPod. The weekend after my birthday I was in Chicago and went to the Apple store there. Nothing. Then I came home and tried all 4 of my Apple stores...nothing again. They said stuff just appears in their stockroom and they have no way of knowing when they're going to get stuff in. So I just ordered mine online. A few of the Apple stores knew about the special case and a few didn't have a clue what I was talking about.

Back
Top Bottom