U2 iPod - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-23-2007, 01:46 AM   #1
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:49 PM
U2 iPod

I have one of the new U2 iPods, with video and everything. And my friend, Eric, loved it so much. So today, I went to the Apple store and bought him one for a gift! I can't wait to give it to him at his surprise birthday party next month! I can't wait to see the look on his face!

I just wanted to share because I recruited him to U2 fandom and I am so proud that he actually wanted the U2 iPod. : ) Go U2 fans! The only band that got their own iPod! That's got to be a real indication of their popularity and awesomeness :P ha

Old 06-23-2007, 01:59 AM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:49 PM
is Eric your secret boyfriend? Because that's a pretty expensive gift.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:04 AM   #3
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by AtomicBono
is Eric your secret boyfriend? Because that's a pretty expensive gift.
Haha nope! That's pretty funny, though! We dated, but now we're just good friends. Think Elaine and Jerry from Seinfeld.

Eric is moving back to Chicago pretty soon and a bunch of us are throwing him a surprise party before ... to coincide with his birthday as well. The iPod is a gift I knew he wanted. Some people are going to pitch in as well, but I don't mind spending money on a friend...especially when he's my best friend and it's such a great gift. It feels great to buy something nice for someone. It's even better than buying it for myself because there's not that guilt factor. It's just lovely to see people's reactions when they open gifts like that ...that are totally unexpected. He has no idea! that's what makes it so great.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:08 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

hmmm well i gave the guy i was in love with a U2 iPod so there ya go

but it was an old one and it was broken and I wanted him to fix it

eric sounds like a pretty lucky guy...you sure you're not in love with him?
Old 06-23-2007, 02:19 AM   #5
New Yorker

Oh my gosh! We're just best friends! :P We did date, but it did not work out. He's just a very good friend. He's bought me things before...I mean in reality, I owe him a lot more than that...but it's not all coming from me. I mean other people are giving a $10 or a $20 here and there. And I just got graduation money so I'm good. I had an old one and it stopped working so I replaced it, but he had a really old iPod, one that didn't have color screen or video at all. His just recently failed on him, but he had it for 4 or 5 years so he was in need of a new one anyway.
Old 06-23-2007, 02:53 AM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

I dated my best friend too but then he turned out to be gay

I never bought him an iPod though but i kinda never needed to cuz he always had one

Well I think it's very nice of you to buy Eric a U2 iPod. If you bought me a new U2 iPod, I'd definitely be your best friend too one time i bought all my friends concert tickets...since it was like 5 people it ended up being over $200. But I was happy to do it and somehow I would have felt guilty if I made people pay me back.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:45 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:49 PM
Re: U2 iPod

Quote:
Originally posted by Sloane Peterson
I have one of the new U2 iPods, with video and everything. And my friend, Eric, loved it so much. So today, I went to the Apple store and bought him one for a gift! I can't wait to give it to him at his surprise birthday party next month! I can't wait to see the look on his face!

I just wanted to share because I recruited him to U2 fandom and I am so proud that he actually wanted the U2 iPod. : ) Go U2 fans! The only band that got their own iPod! That's got to be a real indication of their popularity and awesomeness :P ha
nice!! So, uh, when Eric moves, are you going to be looking for any new friends?
Old 06-23-2007, 10:45 AM   #8
Acrobat

can you buy me an iphone?
Old 06-23-2007, 12:02 PM   #9
New Yorker

Quote:

I never bought him an iPod though but i kinda never needed to cuz he always had one

Well I think it's very nice of you to buy Eric a U2 iPod. If you bought me a new U2 iPod, I'd definitely be your best friend too one time i bought all my friends concert tickets...since it was like 5 people it ended up being over $200. But I was happy to do it and somehow I would have felt guilty if I made people pay me back.
I think buying people things is great!

Well, Eric's not gay, but if he were, it wouldn't bother me. I mean I'm very open about sexuality, you know, the whole Kinsey scale.
Old 06-23-2007, 12:03 PM   #10
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Dusty Bottoms
can you buy me an iphone?
I want one for myself first! Those are a bit too pricey for gifts at this point in my life. If I bought Eric an iPhone he would probably move in with me. So maybe I should ... chill on that one. Haha
Old 06-23-2007, 04:28 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:49 PM
where can you find a U2 Ipod Besides the AppleStore cause we don`t have one
Old 06-23-2007, 04:35 PM   #12
Refugee

Quote:

It's okay. I want to date my best friend but he's gay...sometimes. Yeah it's one of THOSE things.

That sounds like a great gift though. I've always wanted the U2 iPod.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:53 PM   #13
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 12:49 PM
I have an U2 iPod but I'd like an iPhone if anyone wants to buy me one!
Old 06-23-2007, 05:08 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by flybabe
where can you find a U2 Ipod Besides the AppleStore cause we don`t have one

You can always order any iPod from the Apple website...
Old 06-23-2007, 06:09 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I think you and I should be friends Sloane.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:00 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Haha nope! That's pretty funny, though! We dated, but now we're just good friends. Think Elaine and Jerry from Seinfeld.

well... you could have this... and that...
Old 06-24-2007, 02:34 AM   #17
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by pepokiss

well... you could have this... and that...
hehe!

Oh yeah and as for buying the U2 iPod, you can def. do that on the Apple Store Online. I think it's free shipping for orders like that and it takes a normal amount of business days to ship. IT's exciting waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

Today, Eric and a few other friends were at my house and I had remembered to take the iPod out of the Apple bag downstairs that was hanging on a chair. I hid the iPod a drawer in my bedroom upstairs. It was a good thing, because nosy Eric rummages through anything he can get his hands on. He looked at the bag and it had something else in it that I'd bought, but just for a moment, my heart stopped because I thought he would see the iPod. Then I rememebered where I'd hid it.

*the funny this is, about a month before, he'd been in my room and he just opened my underwear drawer and started pulling out things* So I figured he'd do that if we went upstairs. Luckily, we didn't and the iPod wasn't discovered!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:25 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

I had a 3rd Generation iPod which I loved but it was the first thin generation so it had weak battery life, so for graduation last year I asked for a 5th generation one, which I got, but then 2 days later they put out the U2 edition in video form, needless to say I was pissed at the timing haha. But the other one came from Target which has such a lax return policy that I returned it, drove over to the Apple store and got the U2 one instead. Even without being U2 oriented it's pretty awesome with the exclusive black brushed metal back, plus no offense to the original U2 one but the 4th generation iPod was just plain ugly.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:26 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

hehe!

Oh yeah and as for buying the U2 iPod, you can def. do that on the Apple Store Online. I think it's free shipping for orders like that and it takes a normal amount of business days to ship. IT's exciting waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

Today, Eric and a few other friends were at my house and I had remembered to take the iPod out of the Apple bag downstairs that was hanging on a chair. I hid the iPod a drawer in my bedroom upstairs. It was a good thing, because nosy Eric rummages through anything he can get his hands on. He looked at the bag and it had something else in it that I'd bought, but just for a moment, my heart stopped because I thought he would see the iPod. Then I rememebered where I'd hid it.

*the funny this is, about a month before, he'd been in my room and he just opened my underwear drawer and started pulling out things* So I figured he'd do that if we went upstairs. Luckily, we didn't and the iPod wasn't discovered!
OK, my best friend and I have an interesting relationship, but this sounds like the stuff of an offbeat sitcom you guys have got going Maybe you should write an autobiographical pilot haha.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:26 PM   #20
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by powerhour24

OK, my best friend and I have an interesting relationship, but this sounds like the stuff of an offbeat sitcom you guys have got going Maybe you should write an autobiographical pilot haha.
Lol, you're telling me! It's insane. Last night, they came over again and Eric wanted me to stand on his back ... and so I did and then he wanted me to stand on his butt, so I did. I was standing there, walking across his back and legs. Then, later, he got some cereal and I said "I want a bite!" and he goes "No... " as he was giving me a spoonful....

"We fight...all the time...it's all right, we're the same soul"

We're so alike that we argue, but we end up apologizing within the hour.