U2 iPod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonocrazy88

New Yorker
I have one of the new U2 iPods, with video and everything. And my friend, Eric, loved it so much. So today, I went to the Apple store and bought him one for a gift! :D I can't wait to give it to him at his surprise birthday party next month! :) I can't wait to see the look on his face!

I just wanted to share because I recruited him to U2 fandom and I am so proud that he actually wanted the U2 iPod. : ) Go U2 fans! The only band that got their own iPod! That's got to be a real indication of their popularity and awesomeness :p ha

AtomicBono said:
is Eric your secret boyfriend? Because that's a pretty expensive gift.

Haha nope! That's pretty funny, though! We dated, but now we're just good friends. Think Elaine and Jerry from Seinfeld.

Eric is moving back to Chicago pretty soon and a bunch of us are throwing him a surprise party before ... to coincide with his birthday as well. The iPod is a gift I knew he wanted. Some people are going to pitch in as well, but I don't mind spending money on a friend...especially when he's my best friend and it's such a great gift. It feels great to buy something nice for someone. :) It's even better than buying it for myself because there's not that guilt factor. It's just lovely to see people's reactions when they open gifts like that ...that are totally unexpected. He has no idea! that's what makes it so great.

hmmm well i gave the guy i was in love with a U2 iPod so there ya go

but it was an old one and it was broken and I wanted him to fix it :wink:

eric sounds like a pretty lucky guy...you sure you're not in love with him? :wink:

Oh my gosh! We're just best friends! :p We did date, but it did not work out. He's just a very good friend. He's bought me things before...I mean in reality, I owe him a lot more than that...but it's not all coming from me. I mean other people are giving a $10 or a $20 here and there. And I just got graduation money so I'm good. I had an old one and it stopped working so I replaced it, but he had a really old iPod, one that didn't have color screen or video at all. His just recently failed on him, but he had it for 4 or 5 years so he was in need of a new one anyway.

I dated my best friend too but then he turned out to be gay

I never bought him an iPod though :( but i kinda never needed to cuz he always had one

Well I think it's very nice of you to buy Eric a U2 iPod. If you bought me a new U2 iPod, I'd definitely be your best friend too :wink: one time i bought all my friends concert tickets...since it was like 5 people it ended up being over $200. But I was happy to do it and somehow I would have felt guilty if I made people pay me back.

Sloane Peterson said:
I have one of the new U2 iPods, with video and everything. And my friend, Eric, loved it so much. So today, I went to the Apple store and bought him one for a gift! :D I can't wait to give it to him at his surprise birthday party next month! :) I can't wait to see the look on his face!

I just wanted to share because I recruited him to U2 fandom and I am so proud that he actually wanted the U2 iPod. : ) Go U2 fans! The only band that got their own iPod! That's got to be a real indication of their popularity and awesomeness :p ha

nice!! So, uh, when Eric moves, are you going to be looking for any new friends? :wink:

AtomicBono said:

I never bought him an iPod though :( but i kinda never needed to cuz he always had one

Well I think it's very nice of you to buy Eric a U2 iPod. If you bought me a new U2 iPod, I'd definitely be your best friend too :wink: one time i bought all my friends concert tickets...since it was like 5 people it ended up being over $200. But I was happy to do it and somehow I would have felt guilty if I made people pay me back.

I think buying people things is great!

Well, Eric's not gay, but if he were, it wouldn't bother me. I mean I'm very open about sexuality, you know, the whole Kinsey scale.

Dusty Bottoms said:
can you buy me an iphone?

I want one for myself first! Those are a bit too pricey for gifts at this point in my life. If I bought Eric an iPhone he would probably move in with me. So maybe I should ... chill on that one. Haha

AtomicBono said:

It's okay. I want to date my best friend but he's gay...sometimes. Yeah it's one of THOSE things. :wink:

That sounds like a great gift though. :D :up: I've always wanted the U2 iPod.

Sloane Peterson said:

Haha nope! That's pretty funny, though! We dated, but now we're just good friends. Think Elaine and Jerry from Seinfeld.

well... you could have this... and that... :flirt:

pepokiss said:

well... you could have this... and that... :flirt:

hehe!

Oh yeah and as for buying the U2 iPod, you can def. do that on the Apple Store Online. I think it's free shipping for orders like that and it takes a normal amount of business days to ship. IT's exciting waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

Today, Eric and a few other friends were at my house and I had remembered to take the iPod out of the Apple bag downstairs that was hanging on a chair. I hid the iPod a drawer in my bedroom upstairs. It was a good thing, because nosy Eric rummages through anything he can get his hands on. He looked at the bag and it had something else in it that I'd bought, but just for a moment, my heart stopped because I thought he would see the iPod. Then I rememebered where I'd hid it.

*the funny this is, about a month before, he'd been in my room and he just opened my underwear drawer and started pulling out things* So I figured he'd do that if we went upstairs. Luckily, we didn't and the iPod wasn't discovered! :D

I had a 3rd Generation iPod which I loved but it was the first thin generation so it had weak battery life, so for graduation last year I asked for a 5th generation one, which I got, but then 2 days later they put out the U2 edition in video form, needless to say I was pissed at the timing haha. But the other one came from Target which has such a lax return policy that I returned it, drove over to the Apple store and got the U2 one instead. Even without being U2 oriented it's pretty awesome with the exclusive black brushed metal back, plus no offense to the original U2 one but the 4th generation iPod was just plain ugly.

Sloane Peterson said:

hehe!

Oh yeah and as for buying the U2 iPod, you can def. do that on the Apple Store Online. I think it's free shipping for orders like that and it takes a normal amount of business days to ship. IT's exciting waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

Today, Eric and a few other friends were at my house and I had remembered to take the iPod out of the Apple bag downstairs that was hanging on a chair. I hid the iPod a drawer in my bedroom upstairs. It was a good thing, because nosy Eric rummages through anything he can get his hands on. He looked at the bag and it had something else in it that I'd bought, but just for a moment, my heart stopped because I thought he would see the iPod. Then I rememebered where I'd hid it.

*the funny this is, about a month before, he'd been in my room and he just opened my underwear drawer and started pulling out things* So I figured he'd do that if we went upstairs. Luckily, we didn't and the iPod wasn't discovered! :D

OK, my best friend and I have an interesting relationship, but this sounds like the stuff of an offbeat sitcom you guys have got going :lol: Maybe you should write an autobiographical pilot haha.

powerhour24 said:

OK, my best friend and I have an interesting relationship, but this sounds like the stuff of an offbeat sitcom you guys have got going :lol: Maybe you should write an autobiographical pilot haha.

Lol, you're telling me! It's insane. Last night, they came over again and Eric wanted me to stand on his back ... and so I did and then he wanted me to stand on his butt, so I did. I was standing there, walking across his back and legs. Then, later, he got some cereal and I said "I want a bite!" and he goes "No... " as he was giving me a spoonful....

"We fight...all the time...it's all right, we're the same soul"

We're so alike that we argue, but we end up apologizing within the hour.

Haha, yeah my best firend I've known since I was four and half the time we hang out all we do is bicker, but it's all good-hearted teasing.

Check out the remanufactured Apple products, either online or in the stores. Sometimes you can get a refurbished one cheaper.

I bought one last year, and I've had trouble with the video from the get-go. Half the time it crashes the iPod and I have to restart it.

But it's impressive looking and people always ask what it is. (I sat next to a lady minister on a flight back from San Antonio who had never seen an iPod so I dialed up some U2 for her.)

Sloane Peterson said:

Yep. That's my best friend, Nick, alright. He goes into my cupboard, grabs the chips, and starts eating them, or calls my own mother "Mommy." Except my father won't allow him upstairs so I'm usually the one who rummages through his closet and drawers. :lol:

I love having guys as best friends. :D

And yes, I totally know the whole "fight all the time but the next day everything's okay" thing. Nick and I fight just about every other week, at least. :wink:

LikeNoOneBefore said:

I love having guys as best friends. :D

yeah guys are awesome. they're more laid-back imo. almost all my best friends are guys. really i need to hang out with more girls... but guys are so cool why bother...plus boys are cute omg lol!!! 4 reelz

AtomicBono said:

yeah guys are awesome. they're more laid-back imo. almost all my best friends are guys. really i need to hang out with more girls... but guys are so cool why bother...plus boys are cute omg lol!!! 4 reelz

:up: So true. I have maybe two close girl friends. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom