U2 Ipod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
is it still possible to buy a new U2 Ipod?

i got an Ipod Nano for x-mas, but havent opened it yet, as i would be willing to exchange/pay the difference, if i could get an official U2 Ipod, but i heard that they have been discontinued. is this true?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news....I don't think they make them any more. But it doesn't hurt to search. Maybe some electronics stores, such as Best Buy, still have some left over. Otherwise, try eBay. Good luck with your search.

My sister gave me a U2 iPod when we were in Vegas for the Vegas shows. She had won it at a silent auction (she gets the write off to a good cause, I get the iPod!). It is the newer version with the color screen. I don't believe the U2 iPods are being made any longer so I would imagine they would be difficult to find. Not saying they aren't available, it might be expensive and take a lot of work trying to find one. Also try eBay. And good luck. I love mine. Whatever you do make sure you get the plastic protection film and a case right away to protect your iPod. :wink:

My husband got me one for Christmas so they are still out there, you just have to search for them. I googled and found this place:

http://www.goipods.com/iPod-u2.html

When he wakes up, I'll ask him where he got mine. The only drawback was that all the documentation was in Chinese - pretty to look at but ....

Last edited:
thanks for that link. unlike what others have been telling me, it sounds (from that link) that is comes with RECHRAGEABLE battery. another thread was tellingme that when the battery ran dead, you had to send it back to the maker, to get them to replace a battery for something like 90 bucks

marik said:
thanks for that link. unlike what others have been telling me, it sounds (from that link) that is comes with RECHRAGEABLE battery. another thread was tellingme that when the battery ran dead, you had to send it back to the maker, to get them to replace a battery for something like 90 bucks

A rechargeable battery only recharges a certain number of times before it's shit (for example I have a set of 4 AAs that cost me over $50 and supposedly recharge 1000 times. I've had them for a year and they're on the way out). I think the complaints you're thinking of are battery life in general, like how long the battery lasts before you have to recharge it. The answer is, not long (considering how expensive and special the iPod is supposed to be). The more you recharge the battery, the shorter it's lifespan. With any rechargeable battery (like a computer laptop battery), if you're going to use the battery, it's best to use it all the way until it dies and then recharge it. Otherwise, if you're only ever using half the battery and then recharging it again, half the battery will eventually die for good and the rest is wasted. There's also flaws or failures that can happen to the rechargeable battery and it would need to be replaced.

Think of it in terms of a laptop. It's assumed that laptop batteries have to be replaced every 1.5 years or so. Mine is 4 years old and lasts about 4 minutes when fully charged (as opposed to 3 hours when new). Some laptops come with better batteries than others, just like mp3 players.

Back
Top Bottom