U2 in the Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shawn Bonneau

New Yorker
I was watching "The Girl Next Door" today and noticed that there are two U2 posters in one of the guy's rooms. Two different posters. There is also a U2 poster in "Mrs. Doubtfire", "King Ralf" and the TV series, "Saved By the Bell, The College Years". Anyone else noticed U2 posters, albums or U2 items in movies or TV shows?

SMB

In Hollyoaks here in the UK, a few years ago one of the youngsters had the U2 Popmart poster, with the 4 of them with their heads in a hairdryer thing....

Shawn Bonneau said:
I was watching "The Girl Next Door" today and noticed that there are two U2 posters in one of the guy's rooms. Two different posters. There is also a U2 poster in "Mrs. Doubtfire", "King Ralf" and the TV series, "Saved By the Bell, The College Years". Anyone else noticed U2 posters, albums or U2 items in movies or TV shows?

SMB

I noticed the one in the girl next door too. It was cool.

Not strictly movies..but if anyone knows the Australian soap Neighbours...there was an episode this year where the Hoylands (ie. Max, Steph, Summer, Boyd) hada video of Red Rocks on top of their TV:wink:

I am very sad and pathetic:p

In the movie "Just one of the Guys" from 1985.

the guy's room had pictures of naked women, except for the U2 poster from the UF days. UF U2: :drool:

In one of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, there is a U2 poster.

There is also a U2 collage poster in the movie "Wildcats" with Goldie Hawn. It's the same poster I used to have.

the 80s rule!!!

:rockon:

MumblingBono said:
If I remember correctly, Ferris Bueller has a U2 poster in his room.

Ferris Beulers Day Off (classic flick): When Ferris first calls Cameron and he's lying in bed sick, there is a shot of the answering machine and in the background there is a small u2 poster. caught it on HBO the other night.

Also, in the Saved By The Bell high school years, in one episode they are camping out at the mall to get U2 tickets (presumably ZooTV?) and a little old lady gets the last ticket before the show is sold out. After this they get chased around by "criminals" who turn out to be from a radio station, and since they survived the night at the mall, having a joke played on them by the station, they all get tickets anyway.

Or something along those lines.

there was this show on nickelodeon i think it was called fifteen. there was an episode where a girl emptied out her purse and out flew a rattle and hum cassette. this was around 1990 or early 91 before achtung baby came out.

i remember that saved by the bell...

the poster in their room was a zooropa one...

and they had to camp out IN A MALL to get tickets...

IN A MALL!!!

i wish life were that easy. (waiting outside all day in the cold in chicago to get in the heart on elevation = not as fun as a mall)

In a movie about teenage pregnancy I watched in my Home Ec. class, there was a U2 poster durign one scece. And I remeber there was a Achtung Baby poster in some old movie that had Chevy Chase and Jonathan Taylor Thomas.

I think that in Bone Colector(w/ Angelina Jolie and Denzel Washington) is a poster(commercial on the wall) for one of the best ofs, i believe 80's

In the Stephen King book Desperation there's this whole thing about these two boys making a model of the White House out of bottle caps (or something of that nature) in the garage while listening to Rattle and Hum.

It's not a movie, but a CD copy of Joshua Tree was seen or talked about(I don't remember which) in an episode of Scrubs.

david said:
There's a U2 poster in "Knocked Up"

It's sort of styled like a 60's poster.

BM27~U2-in-Concert-Posters.jpg

Earnie Shavers said:

THat could be it. It's in the scene where Ben and Pete go to Ben's house to get his things I guess, and his roomates greet him at the door and they're sick, and Ben goes in and the one roomate shuts the door on Pete.

Back
Top Bottom