U2 in the Movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Nightmare on Elm Street 4, there is a big u2 poster from the JT era...

namkcuR said:
It's not a movie, but a CD copy of Joshua Tree was seen or talked about(I don't remember which) in an episode of Scrubs.

Yeah it was shown. Elliot was sorting her cds and clutching a Joshua Tree cd says "I love U2." and her boyfriend thinks she is saying "I love you too." and much comedy ensues.

pacemaker said:
Also, in the Saved By The Bell high school years, in one episode they are camping out at the mall to get U2 tickets (presumably ZooTV?) and a little old lady gets the last ticket before the show is sold out. After this they get chased around by "criminals" who turn out to be from a radio station, and since they survived the night at the mall, having a joke played on them by the station, they all get tickets anyway.

Or something along those lines.

The old woman: "I never miss a U2 concert!!!"

Says it with such passion :cute:

I seem to remember a movie with Tommy Lee Jones as terrorists and he was building bombs while listening to Joshua Tree, i dont remember the name of the movie, may have been called Blown Away but im too lazy to look it up.

I just read the excerpt from American Psycho when they go to a U2 concert. Firstly the characters didn't even like being at the concert and were front row. Gahh.

Then he halucinates that Bono tells him he is the devil (Bono)

I'm wondering how that goes in terms of defamation or whatever being able to use a real person and band in a work of fiction... and not painting them in a good light.

http://www.michaelvox.com/popculture.html

Trinity3000 said:
I just read the excerpt from American Psycho when they go to a U2 concert. Firstly the characters didn't even like being at the concert and were front row. Gahh.

Then he halucinates that Bono tells him he is the devil (Bono)

I'm wondering how that goes in terms of defamation or whatever being able to use a real person and band in a work of fiction... and not painting them in a good light.

http://www.michaelvox.com/popculture.html

the lead character in american psycho was a huge huey lewis fan in the book.. so what does he know about good music anyway!

When I was watching "Who's The Boss?" reruns a couple weeks ago, (Shut up, I love that show.:reject: ) Sam tells Tony, "This is awesome! Marcy's brother and his girlfriend broke up, so now there are 2 extra tickets to the U2 concert!" I got way too excited about that.

Last edited:
In one of my all-time favorite movies, "Saved", the character Cassandra tells the character Mary "Roland and I both saw you sneaking out of the clinic. Kudos on the Bono shades by the way!" :laugh: That movie is a must-see!

U2isthebest said:
In one of my all-time favorite movies, "Saved", the character Cassandra tells the character Mary "Roland and I both saw you sneaking out of the clinic. Kudos on the Bono shades by the way!" :laugh: That movie is a must-see!
"I crashed my van into Jesus!"

:lmao:

That is an incredible movie!

DreamOutLoud13 said:

"I crashed my van into Jesus!"

:lmao:

That is an incredible movie!

I've never laughed that hard at a movie before!

*as the ambulance is about to take Mary to the hospital to deliver the baby*
Paramedic: "I've only got room for one of you."
Dean: "I'm the father"
Patrick: "I'm her boyfriend."
Mitch *points to Dean*: "I'm his boyfriend.":laugh:

*endderailment*

Not a movie, but in the Sex episode of Brass Eye, Chris Morris says something along the lines of Bono offering sex to every person in Yugoslavia.

In an episode of the Day Today, he is credited as a carpenter for the show.

In the movie Shooter there are a few lines referring to Bono. Mark Walberg's character is asking the bad guys to send someone he can trust. They ask him who he wants. He says, "how about that guy from U2 with the glasses?". His partner says, "Bono?", "you want them to send Bono?". And Walberg says, "yeah, he seems trustworthy". Funny stuff! It happens near the end of the movie. Kind of a guy flick but I love Mark Walberg. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom