U2 in Spin's List Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2SavesTheWorld

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
The table of contents shows an old JT era pic of Edge and the caption reads:

The Edge's To-Do List:

1. Rule
2. Suck for a while
3. Rule again
4. Buy new hat

There is also a list of "Ten musicians known for their distincting headwear"

Edge is number 10 (of 10) and it says, "The Edge (hasn't been seen without a hat since 1988)"

Is this for this month's issue?

I think it was this month's Blender that Bono was in, on the editor's page, talking about celebs that a shorter and taller than you'd think - surprise, surprise, B is shorter than you think......

Yeah, obviously I disagree with the "suck for a while" part, but still, that cracked my shit up!

And what's with Eminem being on the cover again? He just had a fucking cover on the Nov or Dec issue!!!!!!!!! Wankers!

:scratch:

U2 were also part of a another list in that issue:

Five Anti-Heroin Songs That Unintentionally Romantacize Heroin

1. "Bad," U2
2. "The Needle and The Damage Done," Neil Young
3. "Cold Turkey," John Lennon
4 "Three Days," Janes Addiction
5 "Sister Morphine," Marianne Faithfull

U2SavesTheWorld said:

The Edge's To-Do List:

1. Rule
2. Suck for a while
3. Rule again
4. Buy new hat

Edge is number 10 (of 10) and it says, "The Edge (hasn't been seen without a hat since 1988)"

#10? as in there are 9 people with MORE distinct headwhear?

what is this "suck for a while" business? :shifty: when did edge suck? i must have missed that...

Party Boy said:
didn't Edge's hat take a wee bit of a sabbatical around Passengers/Popmart era? Just to be pedantic, Miss Sarajevo video to start...

kind of. cowboy hat, remember? but hat-less edge-pictures from around then are much more common.

Bono is on a list in there too (i got it in the mail today!) He was on the "Old guys rock chicks still find attractive" NO!! he isn't old. Bruce spingsteen was on there too. Ugh no way! they are both still attractive..and I am not a "rock chick"..whatever that is suposed to mean. there was like a ton of lists u2 should have been on..best rock books? the bible!

U2SavesTheWorld said:

The Edge's To-Do List:

1. Rule
2. Suck for a while
3. Rule again
4. Buy new hat

someone left a copy of that magazine at the radio station and i saw the thing about "bad" on the heroin list, the thing about bono on the list adam'smango mentioned, and the headwear list...i spent forever looking through EVERY page of that magazine and did not see a picture or that list...

bono's also featured. he's #3 in the sexiest older male rock stars list thingie.

JOHN TAYLOR IS #2!!!! HAW!! :wink:

there's also an older female counterpart in which they mention kylie and madonna.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
:lol: Look by the table of contents......

Report back immediately if not found........

:shifty:

funny, i didn't even see a table of contents...i'm the only person at the radio statoin who will admit to being a u2 fan (well, one of two people but the ohter person came into the studio after me, and the magazine was there before i got there)...there's very much an elite radio-snob attitude which radiates from so many people there...you totally get looked down at if you like a band who gets ANY commercial radio airplay, let alone it be a favourite band

but i bet there are some people who are closet u2 fans...and i bet one of them took the picture out of the magazine...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom