U2 in Oklahoma City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2okc

The Fly
Dear Friends,

I recently won the chance to meet all of the members of U2 in NYC last month. I wore an “Oklahoma” sweatshirt when I met them. I talked at length about the last time they came to Oklahoma City (which was 1982). I even had an early photograph that was taken of Bono on stage at the Lloyd Noble Arena. Bono thought the photo was great and commented about coming back to Oklahoma to update the photo. He also signed my book for me “Bono, The Fish Of Oklahoma”. The “Fish” was an abandoned tour bus painted like a large blue whale somewhere along Route 66 in Oklahoma. That was Bono’s remembrance of Oklahoma.

Anyway, I have started this online petition to get U2 back to Oklahoma City. I thought this would be the time to start since U2 is currently working on new material (and finishing up the Vertigo Tour). I hope that you could sign the petition so that we can get U2 back to Oklahoma City. Please forward this email to anyone that you think might want to sign it. I already have a contact that this petition will go to at U2 Principle Management in New York City and Dublin, Ireland.

I (& Oklahoma U2 fans) would really appreciate your help!

Please sign here and feel free to add a helpful comment:

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/u2okc/

Thanks!

Wyatt Poindexter

PS Here is proof of me meeting U2 in NYC!!!

Oklahoma city should be thankful u2 played there , there are many places all over the globe that havent been so privilege.

You'd probably be better off posting your petition on a local forum rather than here. There are maybe 5 or 10 people from Oklahoma on this entire forum.

It's a 3 hour drive to Dallas and they always play Dallas.
Not much to ask.

I'd like to see them play here.

It'd be great if they played there or the new arena that'll eventually be up in Tulsa. We really need some better bands to come through here! Really funny that Bono remembered the Fish:lol: I'll definitely sign the petition. Congratulations on meeting the band, had to have been a dream :)

I signed both Oklahoma City and Winnipeg, even though there is a good chance I'll never visit either city. Just helping to spread the love.

AngelofHarlem01 said:
It'd be great if they played there or the new arena that'll eventually be up in Tulsa. We really need some better bands to come through here! Really funny that Bono remembered the Fish:lol: I'll definitely sign the petition. Congratulations on meeting the band, had to have been a dream :)

Yea we do. I live in Owasso and the only bands that come to Tulsa are hardcore or screamo bands. The biggest band we got was Motley Crue and thats not saying to much. The biggest reason is that the Convention Center is to small, and unless the new arena is a 15k + seater, small chance on that ;(

Actually it was the summer of 1983.

I had a chance to go to that show but what can I say...I screwed up. Did see the Police at Lloyd Noble.

Back
Top Bottom