U2 in Ferris Bueller

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tuwie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
So I was watcing Ferris Bueller, and right at 33 minutes and 40 seconds into the movie, I'm smiling and I can't stop.
After Ferris and Cameron pick up Sloan from school, Ed Rooney (the principal) goes back into his office and makes a phone call to Sloan's house, and then makes a phone call to the "mortuary" to try to catch Ferris, and you see a nicely framed U2 poster for Boy on the wall right behind the answering machine! hahhhah yay!! i've watched this movie so many times, but I've only noticed that now!
those of you who have the dvd should go watch it right now! =) 33:40!

Talkin 'bout u2 poster in 80s comedy movies , there's another , can't remember the name of the movie , you know that one that a girl pretends to be a guy , coz she write a good article but they didn't take it coz she was a girl , she has that brother that is crazy about sex and all , in the end of the movie she shows her breasts , to a guy She ended up falling in love , in a party . Well in the girl's brother bedroom which is filled up with Playboy posters , there's a U2 War era poster.

I was going to mention this once before but I decided against it.

but it's a boy era poster?

kennerado said:
haha there are a few U2 references in Wayne's world. I remember seeing a Zoo TV sticker in Wayne's room.

wayne is soo cool :wink: neevr had him down as a u2 fan

vaz02 said:

wayne is soo cool :wink: neevr had him down as a u2 fan

Remember Garth drumming along with U2 at the 92 MTV Video Music Awards? Wayne and Garth were huge U2 fans.............

Cameron also has a framed New Year's Day single cover poster on his wall.

You can see this when Ferris calls him and before the "Lump of Coal" line. :lol:

Ferris Bueller you're my hero. :rockon:

J_NP said:
Talkin 'bout u2 poster in 80s comedy movies , there's another , can't remember the name of the movie , you know that one that a girl pretends to be a guy , coz she write a good article but they didn't take it coz she was a girl , she has that brother that is crazy about sex and all , in the end of the movie she shows her breasts , to a guy She ended up falling in love , in a party . Well in the girl's brother bedroom which is filled up with Playboy posters , there's a U2 War era poster.
Just One Of The Guys. They repeat that sometimes on Comedy Central I think. That movie?

Not sure how many have seen it, but the Pop album can be seen in the movie "A Night at the Roxbury."

Just before the scene where Will Ferrell's character is about to put the Twizzler into Chris Kattan's character's nose, look just above on the dresser. As the camera is panning over the bed.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
there's the u2 album cover poster and an elevation tour poster on the walls/door of the kid's room in "the girl next door"

yes, i watched the girl next door this weekend. so sue me.

:lmao: haha...waiting for elisha cuthbert to deliver, but she never does! :wink:

Wow--I love John Hughes movies....he needs to make another. I can't believe I never noticed it before. I wonder if there are any more U2 references in other Hughes movies. I know in "sixteen Candles" she has a Stray Cats poster above her bed.

Sigh....

I love John Hughes movies.

I sat through Just Friends the other (an iffy movie for me). Had to go through all the Bono references, and of course, noticed the Joshua Tree poster in Ryan Reynolds' childhood bedroom.

Utoo said:

:lmao: haha...waiting for elisha cuthbert to deliver, but she never does! :wink:

well i enjoyed the movie :drool:

and i loved that the guy in the movie had a bunch of u2 posters, my friends tell me that i'm that guy.

Back
Top Bottom