U2 in Europe in Summer - U2log

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marko

War Child
The news on U2log.com says that U2 will play the Ullevi stadium in G?teborg on July 23rd, 2002.

STADIUM?
Anyone from Goteborg, can you confirm this?
I have my fingers crossed...

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

Originally posted by Marko:
The news on U2log.com says that U2 will play the Ullevi stadium in G?teborg on July 23rd, 2002.

STADIUM?
Anyone from Goteborg, can you confirm this?
I have my fingers crossed...

It's been in the news tha last couple of weeks, on TV and in the paper. The last came yesterday.

And yes, Ullevi is a stadium, a lovely one.
smile.gif
It's not a big one though, only holds about 50000 at concerts.
Here's a cool 360 degree overview of it. http://www.ullevi.se/360.htm

*singing and dancing* They are coming to my hometown, can't belive it.

This is what was said in the news today. Translated by me from Swedish, but I hope the important info gets through correct. About the "can't confirm"-lines, of course they can't confirm, u2 has to do it first, until then, they are not alloewd to say anything.

U2 to Sweden this summer

The greatest band in the world has fallen in love with Sweden! (cute said, isn't it, my op.) Expressen can now reveal that U2 comes here to play July 23rd. Bono is with that keeping his promise.

When Expressen met Bono last summer after the sold out concerts in the Globe he made a promise.
"I will be back, soon" he said.
According to safe sources it seems like Bono is keeping his promise and will be back for a show at Ullevi Stadium, july 23rd.
Johan Lindgren, promotor on Universal in Sweden won't neither deny or confirm the news. ?But I?ve heard that there have been thoughts about doing an outdoor ?Elevation? at Stadiums".
At EMA Telstar the swedish concertpromoter can?t confirm the news.

At this moment U2 are looking at the possibilities of a new album of the left over songs from their recent album ATYCLB. There are also plans of making another Greatest hits over their best songs during the 90?s. The last year U2 has made a triumphal procession over the world. Their two concerts in the Globe made the audience and the reviewers overwhelming amazed. The reviewer at Expressen gave them the highest rate.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

Originally posted by MissZooropa:
...At this moment U2 are looking at the possibilities of a new album of the left over songs from their recent album ATYCLB. There are also plans of making another Greatest hits over their best songs during the 90?s.

Greatest Hits and a possible new album- now this excites me!

All this is very exciting news!
biggrin.gif
NEW ALBUM!?
biggrin.gif
Greatest hits!?
biggrin.gif

Well, hopefully they'll play some more shows in Italy, and next summer my husband and I might just have to go visit his family over there
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom