U2 in best of lists.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmartijn

Blue Crack Supplier
Hello,

The year is almost at an end and that means in the Netherlands that the radio is playing some best of ever... lists (so not counting the best singles of the year lists). Every year there are 2 of them, ironically both are being broadcasted by public broadcasting stations. Anyway, one list is published tomorrow (a top 2000 list which they'll air from 24 - 31 december, day and night). The other list, the so-called Deliciously 715, started airing earlier today until 26 december (for those wanting to listen: 6:00 - 22:00 CET).

U2 has a record 17 entries in that list! The second most popular act (in # of entries) is Live with only 10 entries.
Here are the U2 songs (starting with the lowest):
688 Staring At The Sun
646 Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
584 Stay
507 Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
475 Mysterious Ways
324 Running To Stand Still
278 Elevation
261 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
120 New Year's Day
108 Where The Streets Have No Name
86 Pride
73 Beautiful Day
68 Bad
44 The Unforgettable Fire
21 With Or Without You
17 Sunday Bloody Sunday
6 One

Whaddya think of this list?
I think it has some surprising elements (Staring At The Sun, Running To Stand Still, no I Will Follow), but it does bring out the message clearly: the Netherlands love U2!

BTW, the #1 song is another One, but this time by Metallica.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. The link for the whole list is here .

I think this looks pretty sweet

The Netherlands will probably get blasted over here for the obvious esclusions of Please, Lemon and the 10 Achtung Baby songs that didn't make the list

Popmartijn said:
Hello,

The year is almost at an end and that means in the Netherlands that the radio is playing some best of ever... lists (so not counting the best singles of the year lists). Every year there are 2 of them, ironically both are being broadcasted by public broadcasting stations. Anyway, one list is published tomorrow (a top 2000 list which they'll air from 24 - 31 december, day and night). The other list, the so-called Deliciously 715, started airing earlier today until 26 december (for those wanting to listen: 6:00 - 22:00 CET).

U2 has a record 17 entries in that list! The second most popular act (in # of entries) is Live with only 10 entries.
Here are the U2 songs (starting with the lowest):
688 Staring At The Sun
646 Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me
584 Stay
507 Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of
475 Mysterious Ways
324 Running To Stand Still
278 Elevation
261 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
120 New Year's Day
108 Where The Streets Have No Name
86 Pride
73 Beautiful Day
68 Bad
44 The Unforgettable Fire
21 With Or Without You
17 Sunday Bloody Sunday
6 One

Whaddya think of this list?
I think it has some surprising elements (Staring At The Sun, Running To Stand Still, no I Will Follow),

I think it's an interesting list. Good stuff in there. And it wouldn't surprise me that songs like "Pride", "Sunday Bloody Sunday", "One", and "With Or Without You" would be rather high up there, since those are classics.

That reminds me of Thanksgiving vacation, the weekend after Thanksgiving my dad had found this classic rock station from New York on the Internet and he was listening to it, and they were counting down the top thousand some classic rock songs of all time, and they had quite a few U2 songs in there, which didn't surprise me, but what did surprise me was the fact that they had "I Will Follow" and "Two Hearts Beat As One" in there-I mean, those songs aren't nearly as well known as some of the more popular U2 songs they had on there to some people in this country (at least, not that I know, I could be wrong), so to see them in there was really cool.

Originally posted by Popmartijn
but it does bring out the message clearly: the Netherlands love U2!

*Talks in Norm McDonald-esque voice:

Which once again proves my theory: the Netherlands love U2.

Sorry, that last sentence of yours made me think of that. :D.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom