U2 imitating other artists???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pero

Refugee
So i was watching teletext and i saw "U2 imitated Slovenian rocker"
One Slovenian U2 fan said that chorus of City Of Blinding Lights is exactly the same like in some song from their rocker.

1.reaction:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Where did Bono hear this guy's song so he can imitate it??
That guy has no brain.
2.reaction :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:
Ppl will say anything just to get atention.

So I was wondering, was there anything like this in the past in other parts of the world?

I know in Croatia is one band who's lead singer looks a little bit like Bono and when Bono makes new hairstyle, this guy has to make the same.

Perhaps, but according to Adam, "City" was a song that started out as an outtake from the Pop sessions, which was about 8 years ago.

Pop did have some great bass lines, I'm not surprised City came out of the Pop sessions.

How about that similarity between "Beautiful Day" and that...one song. "The Sun Always Shines On TV" or...something.

I think most rip-offs are coincidental or at least accidental. For example, the rhythm guitar (well, I guess there's only rhythm guitar) in Green Day's "Warning" is ripped straight out of the Kinks' "Picture Book." This article is about some stupid English guy who thinks they were ripping him off, when it turns out he was ripping off the Kinks too. Rock music is a ridiculous thing.

Another good example of rock-and-roll rippage-offage that I'll just rip off of Songfacts.com:
The guitarist for "Pearl Jam" was interviewed by "Guitar" magazine. In the interview, the guitarist was asked about the guitar solo for "Alive". He made mention of the fact that he "kinda ripped it off Ace Frehley's (Kiss' guitarist) solo from the song "She"." Frehley was contacted to see how he felt about the flattery. Nonplussed, Frehley laughingly replied "I stole it from the Door's song Five To One."

typhoon said:
How about that similarity between "Beautiful Day" and that...one song. "The Sun Always Shines On TV"

Oh yeah, I'd never noticed that before..

Although I presume you're only taking about two notes..

'Touch me' & ' Hold me'

Numbology said:
Predin is not quite you would call a rocker...

bout' the hairstyle....Mladen Bodalec?
Predin is said to be a rocker on teletext.

Mladen fuckin Bodalec. Did you see his mullet from Christmas concert in 1989??:lmao:

Predin said:''I'm very happy about that similarity, because it's great that Bono Vox has the same melodies in his head. This is a big compliment for me.''

Here is mp3 of Okupatorka
http://s29.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=0NQD3G1IWMYGI02WWN7FAFRMRU

that okupatorka song doesn't sound like COBL at all.
there is a slight similarity when Predin sings "Okupatorka,okupiraj me" but that's it.Just a coincidence.There is no way that U2 copied this.Predin's reaction was really smart and sophisticated.

Numbology said:
there is a slight similarity when Predin sings "Okupatorka,okupiraj me" but that's it.Just a coincidence.There is no way that U2 copied this.Predin's reaction was really smart and sophisticated.

Exactly. Besides which, I find it unlikely that Bono would have a copy of this anywhere in his house!:wink:

Numbology said:

:up:

U2 obviously has their finger on the pulse of Slavic rock. They’re going to all the clubs in disguise and checking out the new bands and their songs to see what they can steal.

Those sneaky, Slavic Stealing Bastards!!!

There was no mullet stealing. Some of you younglings don't understand that in the 80's that was a common hairdo,and that probably more than half of all guys had some form of it. It wasn't like anyone saw a pic of one singer and copied him.

Back
Top Bottom