U2 Holy Grail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gman

New Yorker
Was just wondering, what, if any, are the u2/u2 related songs you have yet to hear. Am sure for every one that has heard all the offerings there will be one that hasnt. Can be a u2 song like womanfish or maybe a callaboration like Sweet Fire of Love or Slide Away, or maybe a u2 penned song for another like Shes a mystery to me

There's quite a few u2 songs I've yet to hear gman:
Levitate
Love You Like Mad
Smile
Flower Child
Beautiful Ghost / Introduction to Songs of Experience
Xanax and Wine
and unbelievably Mercy, I'm wary of listening to this song because its still unfinished in the bands eyes, but hopefully it'll be on the next album and I'll be put out of my misery.

Yeah that'd be great mate if you don't mind, I'm tempted by Mercy as everyone goes on about how great it is, but as I've waited this long for the official version I can wait a bit longer. :wink:

It worked gman :hyper:

How great is Flower Child :drool: and how weird is Beautiful Ghost?

Thankyou so much!!! :wave:

Gman :applaud: These are so good, its great hearing brand new u2 songs, well brand new for me anyway. I think my favourites Smile.

Mercy's looking mighty tempting right about now :reject:

I've never heard any EARLY SHOWS songs.. magic carpet, things to make and do, and things like that...

U2's holy grail to me would be a complete pro-shot dvd of an awesome Lovetown show.. preferably one that contains "bad"

DevilsShoes said:
Gman :applaud: These are so good, its great hearing brand new u2 songs, well brand new for me anyway. I think my favourites Smile.

Mercy's looking mighty tempting right about now :reject:

:yes: Smile , is one of my favs .

gman said:
Am assuming if you havent heard Sweet fire of love, then you havent heard Testimony either shart?

Yeah, you're right. In fact, I've never even heard of it.

Smile is great. I love that song. It makes me smile. LOLZ!!

It would be pretty cool to hear a u2 song I've never heard/heard of before, but I think for me it would be a really great rare performance to see, something like david said.

DevilsShoes said:
Levitate
Love You Like Mad
Smile
Flower Child
Xanax and Wine
and unbelievably Mercy, I'm wary of listening to this song because its still unfinished in the bands eyes, but hopefully it'll be on the next album and I'll be put out of my misery.

I've never heard any of these either.

david said:
U2's holy grail to me would be a complete pro-shot dvd of an awesome Lovetown show.. preferably one that contains "bad"

:drool: :drool:
agreed or one from The Unforgettable Fire tour :drool: :drool:

You don't wanna find their Holy Grail...it's guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived! Bones of four fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave interferencers, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty big pointy teeth...

i wish i had the money as a 15 year old to get all there songs!!

but i have to wait and wait and wait!!!

i confess

i dont have october, war, unforgettable fire and zooropa!!!

so these are all the sings i dont know yet:

I fall down
i threw a brick through a window
rejoice
fire
tomorrow
with a shout
strangler in a strange land
scarlet
is that all?
seconds
like a song
drowning man
the refugee
red light
surrender
40(i've heard it a few times live)
a sort of homecoming
wire
promenade
4th of july
indian summer sky
elvis presley in america
zooropa
babyface
some days are better than others
the first time

i am goin to buy those albums as soon as possible

they are all the official released songs i dont know and i am sad i havent heard them yet

are there any kick ass tracks in that list that i should have??????

and what album should i buy first?????

DevilsShoes said:
Levitate
Love You Like Mad
Smile
Flower Child
Xanax and Wine

Sweet Fire of Love and Testimony , ALSO.

I am risking a rant here, but except for Xanax and Wine, never heard any of these. Would it be possible to send me what I couldn't find online (and where would i find them)? Are any of these performances on Youtube? THANK YOU very much

j.malsich@verizon.net :bow:

There are links to those songs on the Music on the internet forum.

My new faves

Smile
Levitate
Love You Like Mad

I downloaded a whole lot of stuff I'd never heard and it's like having a whole new album to listen to!

Trinity3000 said:
There are links to those songs on the Music on the internet forum.

My new faves

Smile
Levitate
Love You Like Mad

I downloaded a whole lot of stuff I'd never heard and it's like having a whole new album to listen to!

:yes: My mp3 walkman is full of this stuff, rarities, alternative versions, rare live stuff, I haven't listend to a "proper" album in many months. I LOVE those unreleased songs, especially Smile. And Mercy does certainly have potential to be the holy grail for me. Someone made quite a good video to this song, it's on You Tube, I don't have the link now, but it's somewhere in a recent post in the You Tube thread.

And blm, just check out the Music on the internet forum, maybe this thread:

http://forum.interference.com/t175190.html

You can also request stuff. I would upload some stuff if I were at home, but I don't have access to my audio files at work.

An Cat Gav said:

I've never heard any of these either.

Gav I should be able to forward the emails Gman sent me if you give me your'e address. At least I hope I can, I've never done it before.

There's supposed to be a studio version of the Wanderer with Bono on vocals (not the live CBS tribute version). That'd be one.

Another would be a new song from the pop tour that was written and practiced during a soundcheck. I heard there was a recording of it out there somewhere, but never heard it. It's called Badmotorcity something something.

Also I'm sure are recorded but never seen the light of day are:
The Sun The Moon & The Stars (Which was probably Windows In The Skies).
Northern Star
Bulldozer (either an early version of Elevation or Vertigo)

Back
Top Bottom