U2 heavy.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
StlElevation said:

totally.

Basically what everyone else has said - Bullet live (ZooTV especially), Exit, The Fly, God Part II, Wire, and Mofo. And there's the rock songs, like Vertigo, Elevation, Hold Me Thrill Me, ect. U2 aren't a heavy metal band, but I'd love it if they did some heavier stuff for the next album, or some album. Not death metal or anything close to it, just more stuff like The Fly and Exit :drool:

The Ground Beneath Her Feet...heavy? :eyebrow: you were kidding, right? Just because it's got a lot going on toward the end doesn't exactly make it heavy...it's one of the most beautiful songs U2 has ever done though, that's for sure.

Someone told me that Acrobat is actually U2's fastest song. So I guess that makes it the closest to death metal...:huh:

I would have to say Achtung Baby is the album...I guess. Maybe if you do what I do and use the bass boost on your CD player and listen to The Fly or something, it will be more heavy.

^^I agree with you. If the next CD had more stuff like The Fly or Exit it would be pretty awesome! :drool:

Heavy Metal is awesome and I fucking love it!!! :rockon: It takes a lot of fucking talent to write songs like Master Of Puppets or War Pigs!!! :bow:

U2 has more hard songs than heavy. U2's heaviest songs:
- The Fly (specially this new live version)
- Bullet The Blue Sky (live from Zoo Tv and Elevation Tour)
- Love And Peace Or Else (more like artsy metal)
- Last Night On Earth (the main riff and that extra riff at the end)
- Until The End Of The World (that ending is metal like)

U2's harder songs (that metal fans may like):
- Vertigo
- Elevation
- The Electric Co.
- Gone
- God Part II
- New Year's Day (I have found that many metal fans like this song)
- Zoo Station
- Dirty Day
- Like A Song
- Exit
- Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me
- All Because Of You

TheBrazilianFly said:
Heavy Metal is awesome and I fucking love it!!! :rockon: It takes a lot of fucking talent to write songs like Master Of Puppets or War Pigs!!! :bow:

:yes:

Rock god Lars Ulrich ( The Danish flag :rockon: :rockon: )
Lars.jpg

COBL_04 said:
My friends are all into heavy music. But I don't really call it music - its more just smashing the crap out of the drums and bass and screaming (death metal, extremely heavy metal). It takes absolutely no talent at all. But they love it and I can't stand it.

What is the opinion here of this crap?

What is U2's heaviest song?

What is U2's heaviest album?

Note - I'm asking for heaviest, not darkest.

First of all, it does take a considerable amount of talent to make certain metal songs, certain trash metal, certain death metal, it's like anything else, you have good stuff and most of the rest sucks, that's true with metal, rap, pop, rock and roll, punk whatever.

I like the musicianship of certain metal bands and listen for that, not as much as I used to but do sometimes. Other bands I just like to jam as energy music and such.

U2's heaviest song, in terms of how you mean I believe is Bullet the Blue Sky which is one of only a few U2 songs which sounds good in dropped D tuning which is what a lot of metal bands used to use, now they use drop C or C#.

As far as the guitar effects, and the distortion used in most metal songs, Edge doesn't really use it at all, nothing that heavy.

So if you asked me if I were in a metal band, a real heavier metal band that plays like Opeth or some shit, what U2 songs would I want to cover? I'd probably pick all the usual suspects, but I think Mofo would sound fuckign amazing as a thrash metal song.

Back
Top Bottom