U2 Haters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrattyIrishPunk

War Child
U2 Bashing[I hate that!]

I had to post this.

I was on some posting board that I used to go on all the time, so I went back tonight, and boy, I was in for a surprise. There was a post about Sarah Michelle Gellar, and I was reading it, and this jerk replyed saying some screwed up stuff:

12Mike:If she wants to listen to that fucking retarded idiot son of a bitch piece of shit that must be linked to Bono, the Evil Incarnate somehow because no one could be that evil without his help Freddy Prinze, Jr. about how the role is "beneath her", fuck her.

So I wrote a reply back saying I didnt understand how Bono got into the convo so he writes:

12Mike:Bono is the evil incarnate. Nuff said. Someone who I'd gladly pay to see get his ass kicked.

I am so sick of all the U2-Bashing, I know people have come to sorta get used to it, but I dont understand why there is so much hate towords U2
:mad: :huh: :mad:

That person sounds like an idiot and not even worth the time. I bet he really doesn't know why he hates Bono, probably because it is cool to dislike Bono.

Anyone that wastes time discussing Gellar or Prinze is obviously a the definition of "moron of the year." If there was such a thing as "idiot incarnate" - he'd get it.

Tell him that he should spend more time reading and learning to write rather than lusting over Gellar (or Prinze?) and insulting St. Bono. :D

Freddie is cute

doctorwho said:
Anyone that wastes time discussing Gellar or Prinze is obviously a the definition of "moron of the year." If there was such a thing as "idiot incarnate" - he'd get it.

Tell him that he should spend more time reading and learning to write rather than lusting over Gellar (or Prinze?) and insulting St. Bono. :D

Hey Now!!!!! Freddie Prinze Jr is a cutie!!!!!

Wait does that mean I am in the running for "Moron of the Year" too????:p

Dont worry about what other people say about U2! If u like U2 thats all u need to worry about, besides I get teased by my friends because I like U2. But I dont let it bother me because just because someone else doesnt like U2 doesnt mean that Im going to stop liking them.

Funny story about not liking U2:

My sisters friend doesnt like U2 because his Ex-girl broke up w/ him and I guess she was a big U2 fan. I just had to laugh @ that.

Don't get worked up Bratty... I've been hearing people bash Bono and U2 for 20 years and when you asked them why, most people can't come up with anything better than "Bono is arrogant" or "they sold out". I don't even bother to defend them anymore because I don't care what other people think.

The last time I argued with someone about this, she told me that she hated U2 because they were taking all the attention away from a really great band whose singer was much more sincere than Bono...that band would be Train. Enough said.

I HATE!!!! this. My friend used to always bash U2 in favor of HIS favorite band, P.O.D., and he eventually addmitted that the only reason he did it is because he knew that U2 was, in fact, the better band, just because they'd managed to stay around and still be making such great music. I know this isn't the case in everything, but sometimes I think the bashing is because people can be intimidated...am I makin sense?
Oh well, if I'm not, what's new? :p

U2 BASHING SUCKS! :mad: :madspit: :scream:

People who bash U2 tend to fall into two categories:

1. Those who are too moronic to understand them.
2. Pretentious jerks who like to make themselves look superior by bashing any band that has achieved mainstream success.

Bono's shades said:
People who bash U2 tend to fall into two categories:

1. Those who are too moronic to understand them.
2. Pretentious jerks who like to make themselves look superior by bashing any band that has achieved mainstream success.

or...

3. They don't know what they're talking about
4. It's somehow "cool" in their "scene" to bash U2

I have a motto about people like that:
"If I don't care about them, they can't affect me." - Thus, I don't pay attention to the naysayers.

But.. opinions are like assholes, so there ya go. :huh:

Has anybody had a U2 hate experience ? I live in Vancouver and most people I come around like u2 and some even love them ;) but some people i've come across have a hatred for U2 that i'd never knew existed. One time I was in my favorite watering hole called The Cambie and I put some quarters in the juke-box to play 5 U2 songs and while it appeared that people were getting into it when it got the third song some guy stood up and said, "I HATE U2" I took that as he didn't like U2, :eeklaugh: I know some people don't like them but what posess this guy to get up and announce to the whole bar his dislkike just flabergasted me. This example is not the only time, I have even had close friends of mine who go out of their way to tell me how much they dislike them and have heard people make fun of them on tv and radio. The only thing I can think of is that their jealous that they can't get into it the way some people can. What do you guys think ? Have any of you beeen discriminated because of your love for U2 ? :tongue:

p.s next time I goto The Cambie i'm gonna play the entire Best of Album :laugh: Maybe if that guy hears them enough he will learn to love them. :sexywink:

Last edited:
All my friends *HATE* u2.........they just got bored of making fun of me when they realised I didn't actually care what they thought

Like they all like this black goth music...i like their type of music and dance music and every type of music and i tried to get them to listen to U2 but they wouldn't....its bad not to have a diverse taste in music :rolleyes: :evil:

Yeah bono-vox I just started a U2 Hater thread and I guess it got moved into this thread. Makes sense there both about the poor outside world's distain for our beloved band and their ignorance for not realizing the true beauty and revelations within the ideology known as U2. :p Wow i'm speaking in U2 ebonics and guess what, it feels good :lol:

I think we should all get together once a year and give these 'no-good do-ers' a good a$$ whooping while we play U2 music in the background. :happy: I'm sure they'll have a rejuvenated appreciation for U2 or least a new perspective :macdevil:

Under Current said:
I think we should all get together once a year and give these 'no-good do-ers' a good a$$ whooping while we play U2 music in the background. :happy: I'm sure they'll have a rejuvenated appreciation for U2 or least a new perspective :macdevil:

Its great when you can drive people crazy

*plays Billy Boola really loud on computer while Dad is snoring on sofa- he dont like U2 :D*

Back
Top Bottom