"U2 has got the greatest live show"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue Room said:

Just going by what YOU said. U2 fans that saw both HAD to admit Coldplay was better after all.

well, that's what they said. "even though i hate to say it, i have to admit that the coldplay concert last night was better than the vertigo shows i saw". along those lines.

U2Man said:

well, that's what they said. "even though i hate to say it, i have to admit that the coldplay concert last night was better than the vertigo shows i saw". along those lines.

and when and where did these supposed conversations take place? I'm assuming you were inundated with emails stating this because you make it sound like it was. You know by posting this you were implying that there were alot of fans thinking this. Because it would give more validity to your argument. Thats why there is a difference between a few and the majority. I'm willing to bet there were/are a few Coldplay fans that saw Vertigo that thought it was better than the CP tour also. The odds are thats true. But that doesnt prove or show anything in the context of this thread.

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

and when and where did these supposed conversations take place? I'm assuming you were inundated with emails stating this because you make it sound like it was. You know by posting this you were implying that there were alot of fans thinking this. Because it would give more validity to your argument. Thats why there is a difference between a few and the majority. I'm willing to bet there were/are a few Coldplay fans that saw Vertigo that thought it was better than the CP tour also. The odds are thats true. But that doesnt prove or show anything in the context of this thread.

um no. i said that there exist u2 fans that preferred the coldplay show. logically that doesnt have to be more than one fan. i didnt imply more than that - that only took place in your mind.

U2Man said:

um no. i said that there exist u2 fans that preferred the coldplay show. logically that doesnt have to be more than one fan. i didnt imply more than that - that only took place in your mind.

OK, fair enough. What was your point then?

Again, when and where did this conversation take place? You never answered. Exactly how many fans were there that said this specifically to you? You should be able to remember since its quite obvious its very vivid in your memory.

Last edited:
LyricalDrug said:
I saw Coldplay on their last tour and they were a poor man's U2, to put it nicely. Good effort, and they're still a young band, but they have miles to go.

Never went to their live shows, because I was very chilled when I was watching one of their live DVD, Chris was asking people to stand up over and over again, and said something like if you stand up, I'll buy you a icecream...Funny though.

Blue Room said:

OK, fair enough. What was your point then?

Again, when and where did this conversation take place? You never answered. Exactly how many fans were there that said this specifically to you? You should be able to remember since its quite obvious its very vivid in your memory.

wanna see my private emails? :flirt:

jesus. do you think i keep a log of every conversation i have with any random friend of mine?

i do remember a conversation i had with a group of 5 u2 fans that went to see a coldplay concert in manchester, and they told me that they agreed that this concert was better than the vertigo shows they had seen.

so yeah, they do exist. that was my point and nothing else.

Last edited:
U2Man said:
jesus. do you think i keep a log of every conversation i have with any random friend of mine?

i do remember a conversation i had with a group of 5 u2 fans that went to see a coldplay concert in manchester, and they told me that they agreed that this concert was better than the vertigo shows they had seen.

so yeah, they do exist. that was my point and nothing else.

I never said they didnt exist. Like I said there are probably Coldplay fans that would say Vertigo was better. But it has no point in the context of what was being discussed really.

So was this a personal conversation then? Emails? Or was it a thread here? If its a thread here could you please link it as I would like to take a look at it.

I saw Coldplay and Vertigo Tour... Coldplay was very good.

U2 was much better. The stadium and the band were "on fire" during the concerts here in Brazil.

I like Coldplay, but I'm not going to a Coldplay concert until they get some more "heavier" songs. They have a few great rockers no doubt, but I need more (based on the last live dvd and some boots from this past tour). I like going to RAWK shows.

Back
Top Bottom